Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T-Maxx 2.5 or Savage 25

OMG
Old 02-07-2004, 06:20 PM
sledmanass
My Feedback: (2)

just get what ever your hobby shop supports. if they have both, then choose which one you like best in person. make sure your hobby shop has replacement parts though.
Old 02-07-2004, 06:23 PM
yt35

Don't decide what to buy, based on the opinions of a pole. Search trough the forums and read. Go to your local hobby shop and see what parts are readily available. Make a decision based upon what you have researched.
Old 02-07-2004, 07:22 PM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<<...search through the forums and read...>>

Well, he might be having the same trouble I am. I did all of that, and have looked at both, etc., and still cannot decide. There is too much contradictory information in the posts on this subject. Each has good points that offset its bad points against the other's good points... got it?

About the only sure thing I have gleaned from over a week of research is this: if you plan to drive balls-to-the-wall, and run into trees, curbs, etc., then the Savage is probably more durable for that sort of thing. But every time I lean toward one, I'll read something that makes me want the other...

I'm about to the point of flipping a freakin' quarter.

Old 02-07-2004, 08:13 PM
SS Nitro
My Feedback: (-1)

Better use a 2 head quarter and pick savage. It's durable, fast, and cheap.
T-maxx is fast and needs conversion kits just to put a .21 in it.

Savage25= $400 and great durability, speed , tons of hop ups, 1:8 scale

T-maxx=$389 poor durabilty, awsome speed, an extra $150 in hop ups to keep the thing runing, also tons of hop ups. 1:10 scale.
Old 02-07-2004, 09:16 PM
sdarviavgeer1521

one word.....savage
Old 02-07-2004, 09:32 PM
BigTMAXX

on t maxxes are cheaper not in like (break easier)but u get a good truck and cheaper than the savage and plus it runs faster it's a FACT i have raced plenty of savages and they are big but i always win with my t-Max Sign OUt......=BIG TMAXXES
Old 02-07-2004, 10:04 PM
sdarviavgeer1521

they may be faster but i the bashin world they cant compare to the savage.
Old 02-07-2004, 10:46 PM
Raynor

THANK YOU ALL!!!! I am leaning toward the Savage 25
Old 02-08-2004, 09:59 AM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<<...they (T-Maxx) may be faster, but cant compare in the bashin world...>>

Okay, denier99, clue me in. Just how is the Savage so much better for backyard bashing (which is what I do with my r/c land vehicles)?

Assuming that one drives with a bit of restraint and manages to avoid running full-bore into every handy stationary obstacle, WHY is the Savage better? Does it handle better? Have less of a roll-over problem? The drive train is more durable? What?

These two trucks are about as evenly-matched, when it all shakes out, as any two competing products I've ever seen. I know you guys who live on these car forums are tired of the endless questions , and wish we'd just shut up and buy something. The same problem exists in the r/c aircraft side of the hobby, so don't think you suffer newbies alone...

In fact, it is very much like the Raptor/Sceadu EVO debate in helicopters.

Raynor, right now I'm leaning toward the T-Maxx for two reasons; one, there is a TON of T-Maxx specific information on the web, dealing with every imaginable facet of running one. There is no reason not to have a near-perfect set-up and engine tune, etc. There can be no doubt the T-Maxx is the most popular thing to hit the streets. The Savage is gaining, though, it would appear.

The second reason is maintenance ease. These thing do require periodic maintenance, and there is no doubt in my mind the T-Maxx will be easier to wrench on; the Savage chassis is densely-packed, and it looks to me like you'll have to lose those side frames to get to anything important.

I guess my point is, there is more to selecting a truck than how fast it will go or what sponsored driver is using it.

Good luck with your decision.

Old 02-08-2004, 12:55 PM
Raynor

IM not so sure steve that the T Maxx is for bashing, i hear that it is more for speed , performance, and racing and the Savage has a pretty good top speed around 40 mph or maybe a lil more depending if u tune anything, i know what the T Maxx and savage 25 do , but im jus tryin to decide wich wuold work better for me, i have lots of land to ride on , 45 acres to be exact, so im leaning towards the backyard bashin type, the Savage 25 now, so thank you all again
Old 02-08-2004, 05:06 PM
DaSHiKi

Savage just cause it's what i picked.
Old 02-21-2004, 04:56 AM
rdmonster

Raynor I'd have to say go with the maxx. Its faster and unless your bashing includes smashing into fixed objects durability wont be an issue.The maxx is easier to work on and it was truck of the year two straight years for a reason plus it costs less.
Old 02-21-2004, 02:10 PM
bigdom324

The savage only goes around 36 mph. I would say go with the maxx. As for the durability problems, I solved them by purchasing a titanium skid plate that comes up and covers the front bumper. This makes the front end a whole lot stronger. I crashed it into a curb at full speed and the screw heads that hold the skidplate on broke b4 anything else did. I did replace a bulkhead however, because I could not get the screws out. A cheaper alternative to this would be to buy rpm plastic parts for the front end. These parts have a life warranty and I hear that they are all but impossible to break. I personally like the maxx because it is so fast for such a big truck. And for bashing, I used to take it up to the track at my lhs (before they tore it down) and it killed the track. I even jumped it up 6ft. and it came down on its back and nothing broke!!!!! Plus all the aftermarket companies make the new technologies to fit the Maxx. I am currently working on buying a nitrous oxide system for my Maxx. I would use the reverse button on my controller to trigger it. Plus if you are a beginnner in rc cars you would defiantly want the maxx because their manual actually take the time to explain how to run the engines and how to tune them properly and traxxas support is unsurpassed. Plus if something in your radio system goes bad you can have traxxas replace the whole thing for only $20. Thats like $100 in savings and you get everything brand new. Just take a couple of steps and spend a little extra money and you can get great durability that surpasses other trucks. Plus if your into hopping a truck up, there is no better one than the Maxx.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:19 AM
bigd24

my local hobby store sells both and everybody i talked to there says that that at the end of day of bashing the savage is still running and the tmaxx people are fixing theres. my buddy has tmaxx and would trade his in a second for my savage 25
Old 02-25-2004, 11:17 AM
slodsm
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Steve Campbell

<<...search through the forums and read...>>

Well, he might be having the same trouble I am. I did all of that, and have looked at both, etc., and still cannot decide. There is too much contradictory information in the posts on this subject.
But honestly steve, there are 300 threads on the subject with the same fanboys and haters of both sides spouting off their senseless useless knowledge, usually to the extent of "Tmaxx sux, Savage is better" or vice versa for no reason other than they are small minded impotent internet geeks who happen to have an RC car. Does anyone really believe that their thread is going to turn out better? There are always the 5 people who answer correctly with they are almost equal because they are, and what does your lhs support if they even bother to answer becuase it has been answered 300,000,000 times. The answer is not going to change, all the other ones are pretty much mindless bickering betweem buffoons who have the relative experiance with the opposing product as a single celled organism with nuclear physics. The reason behind this, most of the more experianced and knowledgeable people have started leaving this and a couple of other forums due to the constant bickering of kids. Sorry to vent but it's just getting old. I don't even check these forums anymore mainly because I can tell you at any given time what at least 10 topics on the first page will be.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:46 PM
Raynor

screw u slodsm dont be an *******
Old 02-25-2004, 06:51 PM
slodsm

Raynor, tell me i'm wrong, spend a bit more time here and you will see the same thing, next, don't pm people things like "screw you", your parent wouldn't approve.
Old 02-25-2004, 07:11 PM
braden.r productions

Ok both of you stop. Each truck is meant for the same thing. It's all in the eye of the buyer, sure the t-maxx might not be as dureable as some other trucks, the savage isn't as fast as some other trucks to. Each truck has it's differences, some weak point and some strong points. So why must everybody be in a fight over 2 trucks that in the end are just the same?

And slodsm, who cares if there are 3000 posts on this topic????
Old 02-25-2004, 07:21 PM
Raynor

no ******* my parents dont care, o and slodsm, you jus got told by braden.r productions hahhahahahah
Old 02-25-2004, 07:28 PM
slodsm

Braden if you will re read my post in its entirety, you will see that we just said the exact same thing only using different wording. I am not fighting with anyone nor do I intend to as I have much better things to do with my time that argue on the internet. And also, who cares? I do because its the exact same thread over and over again.

Rayner, I have copied half of your pm's and sent them to a moderator, I started nothing with you, stop the pm's and act like you are not quite as juvenile please. I have no desire to clean out my box every few minutes from the insane blithering you decided to subject me too.
Old 02-25-2004, 07:51 PM
braden.r productions

Ya, he is rite Raynor. The more you pm him the more chance you have of being banned.

And i see where you are going with this, yes you are right about all the people posting the same question but half of them ask it because they want to know if that truck would be good for what they want to do with it.
Old 02-25-2004, 07:58 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Forget them both and save your money up for a 1/6th scale FG Monster Truck kit. The RTR version will ship about 2 months after the kit is released--the kit should be released in March/April. The 4WD option will come out about the time the kit does. The FG runs on a gas/oil mix, should run about 45 minutes on one tank, and is almost 4 horsepower.

Edit: It's 1/6th Scale, not 1/5th Scale.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:08 PM
raykessler

I have a great idea

Nitroaddict (or someone)

make a sticky post that NO ONE can reply to, that has the pro's and con's of the Savage SS/25, and TMAXX

This should hopefully reduce the number of flame wars, and the amount of NEWBIES ASKING THE SAME QUESTION OVER AND OVER

just my .02

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.