Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

help with wasp .26

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 05:45 PM
monstah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with wasp .26

Temp is very high if i richen it any more it bogs out when i hit the gas .....
where should the adjustments be set at ????
I heard some of the bigger engines run hot whats the truth ?????
Old 02-10-2004, 06:21 PM
SH ByA

Default RE: help with wasp .26

it should run about 230.
Old 02-11-2004, 02:58 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

depends where you at right now for your tuning? It is possibly the weather. Mine won't top 130 right now so I cant run
Old 02-11-2004, 08:23 AM
miserynitro
My Feedback: (8)

egines are not made to run less than 230.. BARE min, usually.... engines should run in the high 260-270's when running good, TUNE FOR PERFORMANCE NOT TEMP!!!!!!!!!!! Some engines, like Fantom, LOVE to get to the 300 range, and even in their manuals, they say GET THEM HOT FAST!! now ABC pistions and sleeves, DON'T seat well and WEAR prematurely if not taken over 230. When you tune your motor, let it run until you have Great acceleration, good smoke... you should know when it is too lean..... so then back it off 1/4 a turn or an 1/8 and have FUN.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:06 AM
caseyddr

wow you are so wrong.... Hate to tell ya misery, but you shouldn't run a big block over 250, if you are its running to lean. Specially in this weather now. PLEASE don't give out bad information to a newbie.

Small blocks like the fantom do run hotter than most, but all small blocks run hotter, they produce more RPMS man. Damn man, me and a local co-worker were talkin bout how we can run our engines tuned for performance for a whole main and not top 225.... Get your numbers straight misery.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:53 AM
miserynitro

sorry to pop your bubble.... and go and talk to some fuel manufactrues and engine manufactures..... go ahead.

caseyddr GET YOU INFO RIGHT before you call on other people.... Once you make engines for a living, i will listen to you. I have Done alot of research, and have learned a few things from behind the lines.... also have heard and read alot of things from Ron Paris.... that you probably wouldn't have heard or read. please, i run my engines by tuning not Temp, and i have gotten 12-15 gallons of fuel out of them... on MANY different cars.... so please. lay off. just because your way isn't the highway.... do some reseach.... and stop reading all the Hear say on the boards. and talk to some engine testing facilities.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:55 AM
SH ByA

I agree, you should never get your BB up to 300, if you do you need to shut it off and hope you didnt trash it. a BB shoudn't get over 250 to 270. the ideal range for a BB is around 220 to 250 if you can keep it in that range your doing great.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:59 AM
miserynitro

go do your research, first.. also the worst thing in the world is to just shut an engine off when it is THAT hot.... you let it idle down for a few minutes... then shut it off.
Old 02-11-2004, 12:04 PM
caseyddr

Sorry misery, don't claim you know stuff when you don't. I'd check your resources again. Also, don't change your stories to something else, concerning when you should shut down the engine? A BB shouldn't go over 250 degrees, and IMO thats to hot for me. You go over heat your engines, and I'll run mine gallon after gallon.
Old 02-11-2004, 01:39 PM
miserynitro

hey pal, just because i don't live on these boards and make a million posts like you... doesn't mean i know nothing... talk to RCU-Fuelman.... i think that is his name, and get a grip.

See what happens when you TRY TO GIVE SOME ONE some good knowledge... everyone, who thinks they know everything has to jump in, Hence i don't post much, as you can see... As for you caseyddr grow up, people do know more than you, and i am leaving it at that... i am not going to bother with people like you...... because it is useless.... and a waste of my good time.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:50 PM
caseyddr

I guess everybody at my work is wrong, everyone at the local track, everybody I know man, let me jump on the phone and call em all up. You challenged MY information, not the other way around. I agree with your information, FOR SMALL BLOCK ENGINES, thats all I said. I'm definately avoiding a fight here, so I'm done. I'll run mine how I've always done it, with success, and you do the same with success.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:23 PM
popa71

The running temps of each engine are different. Some engines are designed to peform at 260- 270 degrees. while others are designed to perform at 190- 210 degrees. It all depends what engine your running and what cooling head is on it. For example my hyper8 port ran at 260 but when I put the king head on it it was perfect at 180.

elevation, outside air temp, humidty all are key factors. None of you guys are right or wrong!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2004, 09:46 PM
caseyddr

ORIGINAL: popa71

The running temps of each engine are different. Some engines are designed to peform at 260- 270 degrees. while others are designed to perform at 190- 210 degrees. It all depends what engine your running and what cooling head is on it. For example my hyper8 port ran at 260 but when I put the king head on it it was perfect at 180.

elevation, outside air temp, humidty all are key factors. None of you guys are right or wrong!!!!!!!!!!!

I expected a flame and get this... Nice popa71
Old 02-12-2004, 04:36 PM
monstah

So who should i believe does any one know what temp the wasp should top out at ????
Does anyone have a wasp .26 that can tell me where they run the high /low needles at didnt realy care about the trash talk guys just wanted some good old fashon HELP .....
My manual says to run the low end at 10 turns and the high at 3 it wont stay running , I havent heard of a low end at 10 turns till now not that im a pro or anything ....
When i run the nedles where it will stay and shows awsome power it heats to 280 and forget putting the excursion body on it would melt down if i did !!!!
Old 02-12-2004, 05:28 PM
popa71

Sounds like maybe your low end needle is to rich and your high end needle is to low. Give it the fuel line pinch test at the current settings. Once you have the low end set the top end will be a breeze. If the low end is correct the rpms will raise after 2 seconds and it will shut off in 5 seconds
Old 02-12-2004, 06:04 PM
monstah

I went back to my hob store they had no clue but i made them pull out another wasp and we checked factory settings and they were 7 on the low and 3.5 on the high .....
thanks for the help .....