Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Y is everybody hatin on the T-Maxx?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Y is everybody hatin on the T-Maxx?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 09:20 PM
bigdom324

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Y is everybody hatin on the T-Maxx?

I just recently joined this forum and many of the people seem to dislike the T-maxx and favor the Savage. I've had a T-maxx for three years now (old and new) and I love it. In the beginning I did have alot of problems with the front end breaking on impact, but I found a solution, a titanium front skidplate. It does the job great and holds the front end togehter anomaly. One day my steering servo decided to go out (too much snow driving) and my truck suddenly hit a curb at nearly top speed and flipped over and shut off. To my surprise there was virtually no damage to the truck. The only thing was that the screws holding the skiplate on had there heads ripped off and I found it easier to replace the bulkhead rather than try to get the screws out. Thats about the only time it broke this summer and that includes when I jumped it 6 ft. in the air and it came down on its back. Then I was faced with the problem of fixing the servo. I called Traxxas and they told me that I could send in my whole radio system and they would fix it for only $20, I sent it the next day. I sent it on a Friday and got it back by the next Thursday, a completely new electronic system (servos, reciever, and battery holder) for free, they said it was covered by warranty. Furthermore, I rebuilt the shocks and filled them with 40 weight oil and now it handles like a champ and takes jumps alot better. And since so many companies make hop-ups it is driving the price down. I recently just bought a machined cooling head for only $25 and it works great, my engine never gets hot anymore and is so easy to tune. Its a great time to b a T-maxx owner and you people should give it more props, all its needs is the skidplate and all the durability problems are pretty much solved. My brother has an Hpi nitro rush and my friend has a hpi car. After seeing them, I would never buy Hpi. Screws always come loose, the manuals suck, the engines dont stay tuned for nothing, parts are expensive, hop-ups are scarce, gas leaks,shock fluid leaks, Hpi tech support sucks (when u send parts in to get them fixed, it takes weeks 4 them 2 get back), and it just seems like Hpi goes out of their way to make their deisigns inconvenient to the customer. I have seen the Hpi savage and I dont see anything special with it except the same junky shocks that are on my brother's Rush. I would not trade my T-Maxx for anything and it is o nice now that i can just go out have fun with it and not worry about anything breaking on it. Plus I put an order in for some nitrous oxide, that'll be interesting to see.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:30 PM
Razoo
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Y is everybody hatin on the T-Maxx?

This should make you a lot of friends!
Old 02-17-2004, 09:31 PM
ThermalRD

This thread is bound to turn into a flame war. The answer is pretty simple though. Pretty much ANYTHING breaks upon impact. The maxx is a very fast truck, and really light. Its gonna break when it hits a tree, wall, or anything larger than it. I personnally think the maxx is awesome. Its incredibly fast, and i dont even have to comment on the hop ups.

Matt
Old 02-17-2004, 09:45 PM
bigdom324

I'm telling you though, this titanium skidplate works miracles and is worth the $50 that I had paid for it. I crash my truck all the time and it holds it togehter great. It has only bent about 2mm and it is almost two years old, I believe that it solves most of the durability problems that everyone complains about.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:49 PM
Sweetshoes90210

Other than the money pit, I love it.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:26 PM
fastfred
My Feedback: (4)

Flame's away!!! Fire! Fire! Fire!

Everyone has an opinion, and rightly so. So I'll share mine, seem's like you're baiting a flame war here. I bought a used Savage after doing a bit of research, seemed like a pretty tough ride. Its proven to be so. Don't have any experience with a Maxx.

Instead of encouraging a flame war with a subject line like "Y is everybody..." how about "Y I like my T-Maxx..."

matt
Old 02-17-2004, 10:48 PM
ShOzz

oh man, you had a decent post till you got to the end and started making **** up. i mean come on man.. you have a postitive post saying how people should not flame one truck and then there ya go and do the exact same thing you *****ed about making every word out of your mouth null and void.
Old 02-18-2004, 02:06 AM
The Boss

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: bigdom324

I just recently joined this forum and many of the people seem to dislike the T-maxx and favor the Savage.

I put an order in for some nitrous oxide, that'll be interesting to see.
What is this telling YOU! lol[sm=drowning.gif]

Old 02-18-2004, 05:45 AM
mikedude35e
My Feedback: (1)

I haven't seen much hating of others' vehicles. Mostly peoples' love for their own vehicles. There is a difference. I like my MAXX alot. The savage seems pretty good too.
I bet you won't find much MAXX hating going on in the MAXX forum.

Hey that nitrous sound nice. I ordered some JAGGAS months ago and still haven't got it. There was some crazy junk going on with the guys supplier changing tank types and trouble finding a new supplier. Maybe i should try to get my $$ back and get a supercharger from rbinnovations.
Old 02-18-2004, 06:24 AM
GVFD29

ORIGINAL: the_dude

I haven't seen much hating of others' vehicles. Mostly peoples' love for their own vehicles. There is a difference. I like my MAXX alot. The savage seems pretty good too.
I bet you won't find much MAXX hating going on in the MAXX forum.

Hey that nitrous sound nice. I ordered some JAGGAS months ago and still haven't got it. There was some crazy junk going on with the guys supplier changing tank types and trouble finding a new supplier. Maybe i should try to get my $$ back and get a supercharger from rbinnovations.
If you yeally have no use for all that money, send it to me.

Seriously, though, supercharging a two stroke glow engine is a waste of time, and the N2O system likewise. Spend half the money and get a larger motor.

Matt
Old 02-18-2004, 06:32 AM
matster

C'mon the Savage!!![8D]
V.strong, V.reliable, much better than HPI's earlier attempts.

I am really sorry but I have to disagree with everything you had bad to say about HPI. I have found them exemplary.

Just my 2 cents!
Old 02-18-2004, 08:42 AM
SH ByA

This does not bode well.....

Old 02-18-2004, 10:30 AM
Nitroaddict

I feel like I am reliving a bad dream.
Old 02-18-2004, 01:00 PM
ThermalRD

LMAO....
ORIGINAL: Nitroaddict

I feel like I am reliving a bad dream.
Old 02-18-2004, 01:21 PM
studysession

I have a TMaxx -

Fun truck. But cost to much in hop-ups to make it durable.
Old 02-18-2004, 02:06 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: studysession

I have a TMaxx -

Fun truck. But cost to much in hop-ups to make it durable.
Too much in hop-ups to make it durable? $1100 and counting on mine. Holy crap, I could have bought an SMP slide (now I feel like I'm having a bad dream)!
Old 02-18-2004, 03:05 PM
studysession

Funny - I have more in hop-ups than the TMaxx cost new. This spring I will finish breaking in the new engine and see what it can do.
Old 02-18-2004, 03:29 PM
bigdom324

Sorry but I did not mean to upset any of the Hpi owners but what I said was all true. My brother has a Nitro Rush or as we have come to know it "suck truck." He will tell you the same things about Hpi. He is currently trying to sell his rush and trying to upgrade to a mt. He wants a T-maxx but I dont want him to have the same truck as me (a brother thing) and he refuses to buy the savage. Like when the spur gear on my t-maxx strips it cost me $2.50, if it happens on his rush it will cost him $6.00 plus the cost of a friction pad. it just seems likes this company goes out of their way to make it the least user friendly as possible. I have rebuilt both my borther's and my own shocks and their was a seriuos quality difference with them. The Hpi shocks were leaking and the seals sucke (only run for two weeks). And my friend's Hpi car sucks too and their engines can never stayed tuned. My maxx has been starting up with one tap of the ez start in the dead of winter. My little borhter will be pulling at that engine for five minutes b4 it fires up.
Old 02-18-2004, 03:32 PM
studysession

The TMaxx shocks are not very hot at all.
Old 02-18-2004, 03:34 PM
RobH

ORIGINAL: the_dude

I just popped in here for fun. I'm currently MT-less though.

They have 1300 bottles comming in 3-4 weeks. They are shipping freight so it's hard to say when. I just talked to him about it yesterday.
Old 02-18-2004, 04:47 PM
mecky33

I dont have a T-maxx, but know a guy who lives down the street that has one. I was talking to him the other day and he had just gotten his truck put back together after a nasty run in with another truck. He hit a friends truck broadside and it took out the servo (it had a servo saver), and the front bumper and mounts. His last accident before that, it hit a curb and completely demolished everything on the front end of the truck. He also said that he has put three or four sets of A arms on it in the last six months, plus various other parts. I compare that to my MT2 that just did a twenty five MPH or so run away in to a cinder block and flew about fifteen feet after it ripped the right front tire off. The only thing that I broke was one diff cup and I bent both left side shock shafts (integy). with that comparison, and Traxxas' reputation as one of the best. It makes you wonder how good they really are.
Old 02-18-2004, 05:00 PM
SH ByA

[sm=drowning.gif]
Old 02-18-2004, 05:12 PM
nitrobashinauz

ORIGINAL: bigdom324

Sorry but I did not mean to upset any of the Hpi owners
yea thats why you said this when i was asking some questions about the rush before mine arrives

You idiot why in gods name did you buy a nitro rush. My brohter got one of those this summer and it sucked.
This past Christmas he got $300 in hop-ups and it still is only ok. Hpi really made a piece of crap. It like goes 35 stock but seems alot slower, but with all the hop-ups (engine included) it goes like 45. we have come to know it as the "suck truck" for it will bring hours of leaky fuel, leaky shocks breaking gears, and worn out tires. I would not wish this curse on any human being. Although he has a first generation and not the evo, he got the upgraded chasis so maybe that one will be better. Good luck with this burden and see if you can cancel your order while you still can. Do yourself a favor and buy yourself a good truck. Just buy like every hop-up possible for it ecpessially shocks and turnbuckles (the stock break really easily) and trade your engine in for the nitro star .15ss and you to will have a half decent truck.
May god help you.
need i say anything else?
Old 02-18-2004, 05:32 PM
HondaCRX

you dont know what a bad truck is ! just talk to anyone who has or has had a kyosho ultima st gp THATS a reall y crappy car. then i got my t maxx, best investment i ever made! i love it.
Old 02-18-2004, 05:35 PM
RC SNYPER
My Feedback: (1)

i'm sorry guyz but i have to put my 2 cents in. I have had both a t-maxx old style, with a .26 in it and i've also had the savage 21 not the 25 or ss kits. In my opinion bith have there ups and downs.fior bashing i prefer the savage becuase it's very durable and can take it's share of lumps.But on the other hand i raced my t-maxx so i was more parsial to racing type trucks that's where my t-maxx had a slight edge but it had an xtm 24.7 in it so u can guess why it had an edge.The savage was pretty much stock. I agree and disagree with some of u but we all have our on opinions so i think it's all about your own prefferences.thanks Ken. P.S. ad i don't mean to offend anyone if i said something wrong here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.