Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

My dumb LHS

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 08:00 PM
acctingman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My dumb LHS

Closest hobby store is 30 minutes away, next is well over 2 hours away. So I called them up and asked if they carried parts for the 3 MT's I'm looking at getting (Cen MT2, XTM Mammoth, HPI Savage 25)....NOPE!!!....all 3 of them. They said they carried a few parts for the HPI, but they mostly stock parts for the Traxx trucks.

So, looks like I'm going to have to order parts online.....were do YOU get your parts from (online-if at all)?

Thanks everyone!

Bruce
Old 02-23-2004, 08:02 PM
mecky33

Default RE: My dumb LHS

I get parts for my MT2 from www.ehobbies.com or www.toyhaus.com. ehobbies is cheaper but toyhaus is faster to ship.
Old 02-23-2004, 08:04 PM
ICrashThings

www.towerhobbies.com only because im a newb.[]
Old 02-23-2004, 08:13 PM
acctingman

DAMN YOU Mecky33!!!!

I think I'm getting the Cen MT2. Can't beat the price....sounds like it's pretty durable and 45 mph out of the box is nice. I was looking at the XTM Mammoth, but at a price tag of $400 for maybe a few miles increase in speed....ain't worth it, imho.

I've been reading a LOT about the Cen MT2, and it sounds like a nice little truck.

Mecky33....can one put a larger motor in the Cen MT2, or is one stuck with the engine it comes with.

Thanks everyone!

Bruce
Old 02-23-2004, 08:15 PM
tt408

Has anyone used southeast r/c
Old 02-23-2004, 10:02 PM
mecky33

acctingman, you can put a .18 in it with no mods, and a .21 with different engine mounts that are available from www.neweramodels.com. There are a few people running the MT2 with a .21 in it. But I will say, the .16 is pretty powerful on its own. I just got a new engine (stock) for my truck and it snapped the ends off of my old CVD's and one of my dog bones due to the power its putting out. I called Cen about it and they can't even tell me why its got that much power. Let me know if you have any more questions about the MT2.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:15 AM
SH ByA

One thing to think about between the MT2 and the Mammoth....

The Cen MT2 is a small truck, if you compair it to the Mammoth, the Mammoth is WAY bigger in every sense of the word. I'm not knocking the MT2, but I would get the Mammoth over it any day, you will come out in the end all the way around. There are more places on the web that cary hop ups for the Mammoth than the CEN. there by encreasing the chances of better prices and better variety of aftermarket parts. Plus the ability to make the Mammoth unique to you by building it your way. Even though it does cost more, I feel with the increse in size and the bigger motor in the Mammoth, that makes it worth the difference in price.

XTM and CEN both have great customer support for their products. The Mammoth is faster and bigger (thats just plane cool to see a huge truck hauling butt) when I compaired the two side by side I was way more impressed with the Mammoth over the MT2. My LHS carries both trucks and I was able tto do a side by side compairason. To me the Mammoth just seemed to be built better. But I have never bashed with the CEN, so I cant tell there.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:16 AM
mecky33

Sh ByA, from running the MT2 I can't imagine having a bigger truck that goes faster. And in my personal opinion, there is no reason that bigger is better. All you get is more fuel consumption and bigger parts replacement bills. Plus finding somewhere to run a bigger truck can be difficult. I have enough problems trying to find places to run my MT2 due to size and speed contraints.

acctingman, If you can make it down seattle way, I could try to meet with you and you could take a close up look at my truck. Just let me know.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:11 AM
SH ByA

Personaly for me, I happen to like the fact that I have this BIG truck plowing its way through and over stuff. I know that not everyone likes the idea of bigger and faster, but I know that I'm not alone in this aspect. If I were the industry would not be moving towards the bigger trucks at this time. If you dont want a big truck then by all means get a smaller one. its a personal prefference, thats all.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:53 AM
Unstable

its not the size that counts... its how you use it.......

ok.. sorry.. someone had to say it.
Old 02-24-2004, 04:36 PM
Element

I order all my CEN pparts from toyhaus.com
Old 02-24-2004, 09:37 PM
d71889b
My Feedback: (4)

i get my cen mt2 parts from www.offshoreelectrics.com
Old 02-24-2004, 09:43 PM
mrjason82

Luckily I have a hobby shop close to me that stocks Cen Parts and sells Cen vehicles. They don't have a very wide selection but they do stock the most widely broken parts.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:39 AM
primopyro

the mt2 is a good truck even with the stock .16 considering the truck is sooo light compared to other monster trucks its just hauls arse.... and yea www.toyhaus.com for me... i just place the order and go pick it up 5 min later... or just call them ... they are like litterally about 1/4 mile from my house and cenracing is about 1/2 mile away ... but they dont like selling me parts ... but toyhaus is good :-)
Old 02-25-2004, 07:52 AM
mecky33

Primo, Cen can't sell you parts because they have no infrastructure for single point sales. I have talked to them many times about doing direct sales and I don't think it will go anywhere due to costs of implementation.