Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

newbie with x factor

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 12:19 AM
freddybee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie with x factor

hello, I am a total newbie and just picked up an x-factor from ebay for $199.00 plus $30 shipping to Hawaii. The seller had very good feedbacks and said that the truck is nearly new.
I had my mind set on getting a savage last night but all the major hobby sites had none, so I checked ebay and saw an auction for the XF that was just posted and hit the buy it now option without even thinking.

Since I don't know too much about the XF except that its a decent crawler I have 3 questions.

First, is $230 with shipping to Hawaii a good deal?
Second, after a tune up, what mods should I do right away. I have some extra cash now since I was originally gonna pay $400+ for a new savage shipped here.
Third, save my money, re-sell the truck and get the savage or something else.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:13 AM
Monster Flip

Default RE: newbie with x factor

well, hopefully it's in good condition. is it RTR? test it out and if you don't like it, sell it for maybe even more ...or, keep it and get a used Savage...used ones go for less than 300 RTR. then you'll have 2 ...here are my trucks
Old 03-12-2004, 10:44 AM
Troublesome2g4

No offense but I think $230 shipped is a little cheap. That's a $500 truck and if its so new I know I sure as hell wouldnt let it go for less than half...Def give it a good once over as soon as you get it...
Old 03-12-2004, 11:54 AM
nitromouse
My Feedback: (1)

i think you got a good deal if its ready to run, and the radio works. the engine is easily rebuilt for around 40-50 dollars. i also agree if you are not thrilled with it, just keep it and buy a used savage, that way when you have company over that dosent have a truck you still both can bash together.
Old 03-12-2004, 03:00 PM
freddybee

The truck is rtr and runs perfectly according to the seller, it comes with the box, instructions, and all packaging materials. I checked out sellers feedbacks and other items he sold (mostly motorcycle stuff) and it seems like he sells them at outrageously low prices too, with feedbacks telling of how good some of the deals were. But still, I got to see it to believe it.

As far as getting a savage, its not a question of "if" i will buy it, but "when" I will buy it.
Old 03-12-2004, 04:49 PM
fantomracer

rongo its 350 new from hobby people and their prices are high so you def got a good deal thats the truck ive been wantin for ever man... your way too lucky
Old 03-12-2004, 05:22 PM
Vintage_Duff

thats a good deal
and u'll be happy with the x-factor they r not bad trucks
and if u wont to put a little work in them u can have
a mean looking rockcrawler
Old 03-12-2004, 05:42 PM
Spudnik

sounds like you got a great deal on your truck. maybe the seller is selling his stuff so because he got a five finger discount when he [sm=punching.gif] someone lol.

have fun with your truck
Old 03-12-2004, 07:58 PM
freddybee

So what would be the very first thing I should do to it.
Old 03-12-2004, 08:16 PM
braden.r productions

DRIVE IT.
Old 03-13-2004, 01:53 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

id say dont hop it up yet just use it first then replace it with a nice part as u break one..then the extra $$ u can get a used one for less than 300bucks..if u really want upgrade maybe u can start on the center dogbones ...but u got to test it first see if the engine works if not go buy a new wasp or picco26
Old 03-13-2004, 06:16 PM
Nevadastars

Congrats on your new truck! With the extra $$ you have, I would upgrade the radio to an FM, such as an Airtronics M3 and add a 5 cell rechargeble reciever pack. That will easily eat up your extra money. [&:] I would love to get one to go with my Mammoth.
X-Factors are supposed to be great wheelie machines.

If you want to know about the X-Factor and talk to people who own them, go to http://globalservices.globalhobby.co...wforum.php?f=6

Have fun!
Old 03-23-2004, 05:17 AM
maddog matt

tell me how u found it im looking 4 1 and im going to have to pay 950 aud and im guessing that u bought urs for 240 us so that makes about 480 aud tell me exactly where u founf it on ebay!
Old 03-23-2004, 09:16 PM
tmaxxfreak44

buy the truck and give the rest of the money to me [sm=drowning.gif] (drowning in debt from my trucks!!!)
Old 03-23-2004, 10:34 PM
freddybee

Bad news is I still did not receive it, the seller shipped it snail mail (2-4 weeks) and it was shipped on the 11th. Good news is he has very good feedbacks. I would of paid the extra $ to have it shipped faster but I did not let him know.

I actually saw the auction at around 12am Hawaii time (2-5 hours difference from the mainland) and it was just posted so I assume not too many people saw it yet because it would be at least 2am in Cali and a lot later everywhere else, people are in bed at that time. The buy it now price was $199 + $30 shipping so without hesitating I hit the button.

I did however, purchase a new Savage SS kit today which I assume will arrive before the X-factor because it was shipped priority from a Hobby store in Houston, I really wanted to get a savage so I could'nt wait any longer. As for the X-factor, my friend wants to buy it as soon as it arrives but I may keep it if its fun to drive.

Its a good thing i've been very busy at work so that took off some of the stress of waiting for a package to arrive, I hope the XF will arrive soon and in the condition stated by the seller which was "almost new".
Old 03-30-2004, 07:19 PM
freddybee

Wow! I received the x-factor today, I may keep it because it looks pretty new. I also got my savage ss last friday and is still in the process of building (doing the shocks now). This is getting too overwhelming!
Old 03-30-2004, 07:27 PM
Mxracer45

Hobbypeople's prices are high???????????????????????????????????? I think not. Most vehicles carryd by hobbypeople are cheaper than the 1's at towerhobbies. So no fantomracer there prices are not high. It depends on what you want to do with your truck. The x-factor is not a jumper. A awesome rock crawler and weelier though![>:][8D] The savage is a good all around truck. Its a tad faster than the x-factor but not mad efir rock crawling as its not a solid axle truck like the x-factor. The savage is a awesome jumper though. I say get the both of em' and you will be very very very happy!
Old 03-30-2004, 08:27 PM
underglow

Hey man, you got a awesome deal on that!! Hey, if you feel that you dont want it after a couple of days, then let me know. Because I have been looking for one for a little while now. You can email me at [email protected] if you decide to sell. Thanks!!