Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

GS Racing Storm S.U.T.

Old 03-20-2004, 08:03 PM
dryvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS Racing Storm S.U.T.

What's everyone's opinion on this truck. I'm considering getting one.
Old 03-20-2004, 10:38 PM
Troublesome2g4

Default RE: GS Racing Storm S.U.T.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/My_T...1643384/tm.htm

Theres pics of mine...its awesome...best one ive ever run yet. starts all the time and the power is unbelievable...Smoking 2.5 2 speed t-maxxs all day every day...a wise investment for speed lovers
Old 03-21-2004, 12:37 PM
slodsm
My Feedback: (1)

I have not seen one yet, but Marty Korn won the off road champs with one and it looks to be wicked to me. When they finally releast the kit version or at least the one talked about with a .21 and an XS3 radio, I will be adding one to my collection. I would rather see just a kit though because I don't like RTR motor or electronics that much and selling your extras on the web doesn't really make your money back on stock radio and engine and pipe.
Old 03-21-2004, 03:23 PM
Troublesome2g4

Yea but the RTR comes with all the pro parts and the .25 engine...otherwise you'll be getting a 21
Old 03-21-2004, 05:22 PM
fhm101

ORIGINAL: Troublesome2g4

Yea but the RTR comes with all the pro parts and the .25 engine...otherwise you'll be getting a 21
First of all the RTR does NOT come with any pro parts. Second, who cares about a low revving 25 when the average buggy comp engine will outpull it from the bottom all the way to the top.
Old 03-21-2004, 05:49 PM
Troublesome2g4

it dosnt come with any of the pro parts? your buggin'. Go buy one and then come back here. Till then don't tell me about the truck that I OWN!
Old 03-22-2004, 01:54 AM
fhm101

Edited for disregarding the rules.
Old 03-22-2004, 04:16 AM
slodsm
My Feedback: (1)

FHM, calm down, no need to make attacks on people like that whether he is right or wrong. Troublesome, looking at your pics in the other thread, I only see two parts that are from the pro version, the radio tray and the peice above the servo saver. That chassis, the CVD's, the Shock towers, and probably a few things I can't see are different. And while the .25 makes a lot tq down low, its not going to hold up to a Sirio or a C5 buggy engine on any day of the week. I prefer to stick with conventional big blocks that are tried and true. Granted you pay a lot more but you get a lot more in return.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:06 AM
fhm101

You are right and I apologize for showing my YKW.
Thank you for pointing out the misconceptions that troublesome2g4 was laboring under in a manner intended to educate rather than inflame.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:44 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: slodsm
I have not seen one yet, but Marty Korn won the off road champs with one and it looks to be wicked to me. When they finally releast the kit version or at least the one talked about with a .21 and an XS3 radio, I will be adding one to my collection. I would rather see just a kit though because I don't like RTR motor or electronics that much and selling your extras on the web doesn't really make your money back on stock radio and engine and pipe.
I have seen one, actually two
Marty's and another buddy of mine that has a GS SUT sponsership.

More info,
Marty only had his truck for about a week before that race, not very much time to do allot of R&D and mods. All he really did was re-oil the diffs. and shocks. He wasn't running any special "pro" hop ups at that race, and I believe he was running the stock RTR engine.

The week before the race (Tuesday's nights they race at Hotrod's) he was keeping up with 1/8th scale buggies in practice, and that was his first time on the track with the truck. When Marty walks back into the pits with a big-O smile and talking up the truck, you know it must be good.

Also there is a Conversion kit for you builders out there, cheap at $169, you could buy a storm pro kit plus the conversion. Then you'd have all the trick parts you want. New, quality part sell for decent money on ebay. or you could hold onto the buggy parts just in case. Converting from buggy to truck and visa versa is only about an hour of wrenching.

Humm?? race truck or buggy class this weekend?? sounds kinda cool actually