Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Power Racing Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 11:56 PM
crazypyro013

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Racing Raptor

Yup, thats the name of Power Racings newly named and attempted MT. All they have released is a sample photo
feel free to say what you think.... too me its a slightly changed savage
here it is

Old 03-29-2004, 12:17 AM
ThermalRD

Default RE: Power Racing Raptor

Interesting...
Old 03-30-2004, 10:11 PM
89jettawolfs

i just rwad an article in rc car magazine (april's issue) abnd it has it listed as the ravage. But they said it's a temporary name and they're having a contest to give one away to the person who comes up with the best name so maybe that was the winner. looks like a decent truck though(similar to the savage) but still nice .
Old 03-31-2004, 12:26 AM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never heard of Power Racing.
Old 03-31-2004, 06:55 AM
slodsm
My Feedback: (1)

In the RC Car article on it, its the worst rip of another brand I have ever seen, it would be an exact copy of the Savage aside from the fact the quality is not there, and yeah, the Ravage, hmmm, was that a rip or what?
Old 04-12-2004, 03:55 PM
bobjones

an inferior copy of an already inferior truck
Old 04-12-2004, 04:03 PM
ThermalRD

LOL. You must be a t-maxx fan. Inferior truck? LMAO Have you ever even driven, or owned a savage?

Matt
ORIGINAL: bobjones

an inferior copy of an already inferior truck
Old 04-14-2004, 03:20 PM
bobjones

i own one
Old 04-14-2004, 03:24 PM
bobjones

and by inferior i dont necessarily mean bad, just not as good
Old 04-14-2004, 03:32 PM
ThermalRD

I just got an e-mail from power racing about that truck. Heres how it went...

Hi Matt,

I think it looks like a Savage simply because of the chassis rails. Pretty much everything else is different, the tranny is more efficient with less gears, the diffs are from our 1/8 buggy, the CG is a tad lower (that's why the rails are so low), the truck is 1.5" longer and .5" wider, we use 1/8 buggy shocks which actually gives more adjustments and travel than the Savage (placement is everything), the camber links are adjustable out of the box...the list goes on. I don't really know if they are new features, but it should keep things interesting.

Thanks for your time,

-Cameron

Just thought id share that info with the forum.

Matt
Old 04-14-2004, 10:03 PM
The Boss

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Raptor sounds like a cool name and the kit looks real neat to. I heard it's going to have a .27 engine?. Looks like another twist on the TVP chassis concept, I like it BUT!!! what the deal with the body wheel wells???...IMO the body blows!!!... YUCK!!!... big time, it's a bigger truck and it needs a bigger body.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:46 PM
vizaracer

you know, that truck seems like a savage. it really does! the tvp's are different. and the front and rear bumpers look like exactly the same as mine. it does sit low!

the truck looks like it will be awesome. i mean that this company makes parts so why not trust their cars if you trust their parts?? thats how i see it. and the part companies sometimes actually come out with better stuff than the companies that build the trucks!! they find the trucks weak spots and they fix them with new parts. so they own this truck and they probably will fix all of its weak spots.

does anyone know what it will be selling for?
Old 04-15-2004, 12:01 AM
crazypyro013

there website doesn't have any info on costs at this time, but it is due out this May

[link]http://www.happytimehobby.com[/link]

theres their website if ya want to check out their other product offerings
Old 04-15-2004, 06:54 PM
wagnerov

Glad to see some people have open minds.

Here's some more pictures of parts on the truck, I threw it together just for this post. More stuff will be on the website soon when I am done with other projects.

The truck and body shown is a prototype...the rear end of it is being changed, and yes, I thought the wheelwells were a little too big as well. I think they're going to be changed for the production version. The body won't be silver if I have my way, it will be Chrome instead (black will be the other option). Tires are also going to be bumped up to 6.75". It's already geared for tires that big. And the fuel tank is 270cc. Should be plenty of run time. Street price should be around $400-450, depending on the hobby shop.

And Vizaracer hit the concept on the head. Thanks. Hope that answers some other questions.

I'd save any quality concerns for when the truck actually comes out. Some people have durometers in their monitors I guess. Considering there are only two in the U.S. right now, I doubt anyone outside of our office has seen it...maybe they're hiding in the bushes at our test track!

I don't post here very often, I was just reading our website logs to see where the traffic is coming from. Feel free to email me if you have any questions or complaints.

-Cameron

cam @ happytimehobby.com (take spaces out, fools spammers)

Thanks.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:19 PM
The Boss

Hi Wagnerov, nice to see someone with the company posting. I did not mean to slam the body on this prototype but If I could give some input on the body... IMO, if this new Raptor kit would have a larger 8scale type body on it, it could be one of the favorites at our yearly Monster Jam shows as ALL kits with larger brighter bodys are. We show off nitro 8scale kits to over 30,000+ people over the weekend yearly and I can tell you honestly that the 8scale kits with the bigger scale bodys get most if not all of the attention, the Clear Channel entertainment people LOVE the bigger stuff because it makes the kits easyer to see for fans up in the stands and they have featured them with spot lights and even put them up on the jumbo tron screen.

I think this new Raptor kit maybe could be a contender to jump the fullsize cars at our Nitro Jam TT (Tuff Truck) shows.

If your interested... 2004 N/J TT slide show with rare vid clip ... to open link you must right click and hit save target as.

http://www.rcpics.net/media/nitro_jam_04.wmv

Old 04-16-2004, 12:02 AM
crazypyro013

all i have to say is...

so what it if it looks similar to a savage.... the savage is a hell of a truck why not imitate, then innovate, and improve... like power racing has

heres a suggestion, why don't u develop a pivot ball suspension instead of the conventional.... it made help make ur model more race worthy, and not affect bashability <---- my new word

besides, theres sevral t-maxx knock offs, like the magic wheel, terra crusher, and TNX.... helps make competition...

keep up the work, parts companies
Old 04-16-2004, 03:19 PM
wagnerov

Hello,

The body is actually a bit longer than a standard T-Maxx body, and a tad wider. Dunno if it qualifies as 1/8th scale, though. Pivot ball suspension is a good idea, we thought about it for a bit. But we ended up going with the tried and true c-hub design for parts count simplicity (and to keep bump-steer from being an issue). Maybe sometime in the future...
Old 05-03-2004, 01:14 AM
beckstoy

Let's wait and see. I'm getting mine in a few weeks. I'll post a little review then.
Old 05-03-2004, 08:06 AM
R/C Madman

I like it! If it is as tough as it looks and there are not many engine issues then this thing is going to be out of stock right away!
Old 05-06-2004, 05:06 PM
The Boss

Looking forward to seeing what you say about it.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:15 PM
Frost_

I have that .27 in my Savage right now. I get wheelies with a cb/spur combo of 17/49 and lots of top-end, as it has more RPMs than the Force25 that it replaced. I have just over 3 quarts of fuel through it so far. The only problem that I have had was that the spring in my pullstart just broke, and I have been very careful with it.... I modified the roto-start backplate for the NS25/Force25 and have been running it for a few tanks. I got the motor for $109 shipped so you cant beat that.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:22 AM
wagnerov

For what it's worth, this is the truck being tested with much bigger tires. The best testing is done off the track, I guess. Yes, it survives backflipping and mud, for the most part. Oddly, it's a lot easier to do backflips after you've run through nasty mud. Go figure.

The bodies shown are garbage, we know. The tires' sidewalls are being changed, too. Try not to nitpick too much, they're prototypes.

thanks.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:46 AM
Q8 RC

what the hell is wrong with that tire looooooooooooooooooooooooooooool it looks so funny
Old 06-02-2004, 05:05 AM
nitrobashinauz

kool, i like the bigger tire thing.

q8_rc: the tire is "ballooning" most tires do this when the wheels spin real fast

wagnerov: i dont think the bodys are garbage, lol i quite like the black one. and keep us updated, i'm looking forward to more goss on this truck
Old 06-02-2004, 06:38 AM
Element

Sorry if this was already asked but is this truck going to be compatible with savage parts?If so I'm all in!

I have to agree I do like the black body

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.