Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

savage problems

Old 04-03-2004, 01:14 PM
drebins2003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default savage problems

iv got a savage21 and i need help with it how do i make it faster and pop wheelies plus make it turn in a smaller circle coz at the moment it takes a blood football pich to turn the damn thing round and please can any one reconmend hop ups for it that arnt going to kill the bank balance.
Old 04-03-2004, 05:17 PM
sledmanass
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: savage problems

For hop ups, get some aluminum a-arms, and shock towers
Old 04-03-2004, 06:46 PM
drebins2003

as well as them i tinking about getting a new engine wot the best on the market at the moment???????and will it fit strait in.
Old 04-04-2004, 02:10 AM
In2JeepN

Dont get aluminum arms, or you will start breaking bulks....its a mistake I promise, just stick with the plastic for almost everything. If you want a couple of hop-ups that are worth spending your $$$ on, then I definately recommend a good servo saver for your steering, because the stock one is very poor, and is likely contributing to your steering probs. Ofna makes one that fits right in to the Savage, even tho its for a buggy. This setup uses a solid arm on the servo, and moves the 'saver' section to the bellcrank posts. Costs about $30 CDN, so I dont know how much for you. Definately #2 on the list would be a dual disk brake setup, because the factory brakes hardly even slow the thing down at all - night and day difference, pretty cheap to do as well. Or if you have some *extra* cash, a very high torque steering servo will help with your steering probs as well. I just picked up a KOPropo 180oz for $170 CDN, but man the truck is just on rails now....handles awesome. Just a couple of tips.
Old 04-04-2004, 05:44 PM
doctorgoodwrench
My Feedback: (1)

put a hitec 645 mg servo on the steering....35 bucks, awesome torque. ofna servo saver, just the one with the cnc top ....8 bucks, motor saver filter....20 bucks, change your gearing for now till you can afford a new engine. ofna force .25 or .26 good and cheap. and put the steering servo from the savage on the throttle to help your brakes a great deal, thats the cheap way to do it. there is plenty more, but thats a start
Old 04-04-2004, 06:08 PM
Mxracer45

Look into the xtm 24-7 engine. Super powerful, great torque, amazing reliabilty! Great trpice also