Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

How to waterproof

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 05:04 PM
sarpiparpi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to waterproof

i just bought a savage 25 two days ago and i wanna know what happensif i ride it on grass when its rainin and how can i waterproof the stuff on the truck?!?
Old 04-05-2004, 05:21 PM
snakeyez

Default RE: How to waterproof

"search button"
Old 04-08-2004, 09:51 PM
dragnaflyer

Default RE: How to waterproof

SInce you didn't get an answer, I'll try. Two basic ways, balloons or dipping. Balloons are cheap, stuff your electronics into decent quality rubber balloons, seal the opening with a bit of greased cotton, zip tie it closed, and it'll keep most of the wet stuff out. Dipping is a bit more durable, but messier and more permanent. You can buy Plasti-dip in most hardware stores; it's intended for coating tool handles, etc. and can be brushed on fairly easily.

If you're just driving in wet grass, I wouldn't worry too much about it. The little bit of water you're likely to pick up will either evaporate on it's own fairly quickly or cook off from motor/ESC/battery heat. The only time you really have to be careful is if you get into a pool of water (which is a blast, by the way)