Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Whats with CEN

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 01:20 PM
raykessler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats with CEN

They used to have some new info on the Genesis, but now its gone. Mabie u can see it but i cant. is this a good thing or a bad thing
Old 04-12-2004, 12:58 AM
cj100570

Default RE: Whats with CEN

Just got back from CENs site and the Genesis is right on the home page. As I stated in another post I recieved an email from CEN sales and customer service that says the Genesis will be released at the end of this month and we should reserve ours now due to the expected demand.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:25 AM
Argis

Demand is dropping. They missed their peak window. The LST and even the Revo are going to steel customers.

I have to say I got my MGT on the track this weekend w/ the Picco .26 and it's killer. Now I have to learn how to drive.
Old 04-12-2004, 12:50 PM
ThermalRD

ORIGINAL: cj100570

Genesis will be released at the end of this month and we should reserve ours now due to the expected demand.
What demand??? The truck is too expensive, and they have an ad in the new RCCA that states the reservoir shocks are now optional. Unless this truck proves to be indestructible, and come with a really nice synthesized radio, its not gonna fly off any shelf. Either way, it takes time to prove quality. I dont see these trucks selling out any time soon.

ORIGIANAL: Argis
I have to say I got my MGT on the track this weekend w/ the Picco .26 and it's killer. Now I have to learn how to drive.
That MGT is pretty killer on the track. Its size and weight give it a huge advantage over the other vehicles in the rough sections. I loved mine on the track, just not bashing.

Matt
Old 04-12-2004, 01:26 PM
rcblaze

Exactly what demand. I wanted one but with the new trucks coming from more repeatable company's. Lets see Losi or Cen. No brainier I'll take the Losi thank you.
Old 04-12-2004, 02:09 PM
Element

I cant see it flying it off the shelves but I think it iwll sell pretty well if people give it a chance and the reviews are good.

Was there a price actually anounced yet?
Old 04-12-2004, 02:48 PM
ThermalRD

The e-mail i received from CEN a few days ago stated the target price was still 550'ish. To me, thats crazy. What horrible timing they have too. At that price it will be in direct competition with the biggest and best available. Im sure we will get more info after the RCX. It could be a great truck, but its hard to sell sitting next to a Losi with the twin steering servos, the losi name, and that synthesized radio, at the same price.

Matt
ORIGINAL: Element

I cant see it flying it off the shelves but I think it iwll sell pretty well if people give it a chance and the reviews are good.

Was there a price actually anounced yet?
Old 04-12-2004, 02:54 PM
Mxracer45

Ha 550 is way too much. Optional resovoir shocks? Optionjal 4 weel steering? now there is even just 8 shocks i hear. Due to the 10 shock thing breaking too much. And to top it off it has a regular cen radio. Nuthin special about it. I also heard the 3 speed was even optional. TRUE?
Old 04-12-2004, 03:07 PM
Element

Theres now way cen will release it at $550 with out the optional parts.They are know for there great prices with on par quality with the top brands. Im thinking maybe $400 witht he parts stated above
Old 04-12-2004, 03:08 PM
ThermalRD

Not sure about the 3 speed. The ad im looking at still has the 10 shocks on the truck, and says the 3spd is standard. To my knowledge just the reservoirs have been moved from standard, to optional status. And still we have not seen the body design. I hope they fired the guy that did the previous body designs. If the words "fun factor" are anywhere on that body i'll never look at a CEN for the rest of my life.

Matt
ORIGINAL: Mxracer45

Ha 550 is way too much. Optional resovoir shocks? Optionjal 4 weel steering? now there is even just 8 shocks i hear. Due to the 10 shock thing breaking too much. And to top it off it has a regular cen radio. Nuthin special about it. I also heard the 3 speed was even optional. TRUE?
Old 04-12-2004, 03:11 PM
Element

lol ya that was one of the few let down with my MT2 the body would have been awesome if they wouldnt have put fun factor on it.
Old 04-12-2004, 03:11 PM
Mxracer45

Its the fun factor mt3 (genisis) lol
Old 04-12-2004, 03:12 PM
ThermalRD

We are planning to show everything at RCX and target price remain the same due to all the features in the truck and mainly a .46
----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 4:45 PM
Subject: Genesis

When will we see an actual video, or a finished product on this Genesis? Id like to see the body on it too. Is the targeted price still 550? That seems kinda high...

Thanks, Matt

Thats the e-mail i sent them, and the response.

ORIGINAL: Element

Theres now way cen will release it at $550 with out the optional parts.They are know for there great prices with on par quality with the top brands. Im thinking maybe $400 witht he parts stated above
Old 04-12-2004, 03:14 PM
Element

utoh I guess is hould stock up on my parts from cen sounds liek dooms day is coming.

Maybe they decided to include more of the features?
Old 04-12-2004, 06:54 PM
Razoo
My Feedback: (2)

My LHS said not to expect it before June. At $550.00 you won't see to many shops with them on the shelves, nor will you see one in my house!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2004, 09:37 PM
krmnalmind

hey i to looked at the Cen for about a m te w n i seen the genesis hey it looks badazz but i had ver heard of them so nothing good nothing bad. I understand direct marketing it does save across the board.I purchased the AE MGT and didn't even open it when i got home i decided i had to wait for the Losi so i called losi and they said they will be making the LST available at RCX as well so i will be driving the 500 miles with my money in had to buy the losi of course i will go buy and look at the Genesis but like everyone here has said when you push dollar for dollar and they are side by side i think the losi is the safe bet.Thats not to say that the genesis will be great but that is the gamble.just my opinion
Old 04-12-2004, 09:38 PM
krmnalmind

i don't know what happened in my first few lines but i tried to fix one word and it went to hell.I hope you get what i was trying to say.
Old 04-13-2004, 12:30 PM
Nitro10

What is the deal guys??? High priced....Cen taking a while to get their truck out. You guys that think this truck should sell for $400 should stick with your T-maxx. So what Cen is taking a little longer.....you don't want a ton of issues when you get it do you? A truck this size with a vert. frame, .46 engine, 3 speed tranny and reverse standard....Oh yeah the resi. shocks will be standard.....you think this thing should go for $400...... Stop dreaming boys.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:21 PM
ThermalRD

Our thoughts, and opinions on pricing are based on the companies reputation, and the OTHER vehicles on the market. 550 is alot for that truck, especially when compared to a Losi that comes with a synthesized radio. Thats just how we feel.

Matt
ORIGINAL: Nitro10

What is the deal guys??? High priced....Cen taking a while to get their truck out. You guys that think this truck should sell for $400 should stick with your T-maxx. So what Cen is taking a little longer.....you don't want a ton of issues when you get it do you? A truck this size with a vert. frame, .46 engine, 3 speed tranny and reverse standard....Oh yeah the resi. shocks will be standard.....you think this thing should go for $400...... Stop dreaming boys.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:30 PM
Mxracer45

Well said thermal! And thye resevoir shocks are ooptional. It even says so in the newest rcca magazine so u should get ur facts straight. The genises is just too high priced. I mean the cen mt2 looks like a good 350$ truck but they sell it for around 270$ They could do the same with the genises. It doesnt look like the genises will be all that big of a hit anymore. No body yet????????? Not even a video!!!!!! Man c'mon cen. And there will be only 8 shocks unless cen fixes the 10shock system from braking so much.There better be 100 wt oil in them shocks for a 15lb truck.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:54 PM
rcblaze

They better do one hell of a presentation at RCX .
Old 04-13-2004, 03:22 PM
Nitro10

By the way the res. shocks WILL come standard...just wait and see. Now all I was saying if you would look at the trucks side by side and compare what you are actually getting you might see why the wait will be worth it. The bigger trucks coming out are not really track trucks. Cen is the first outfit to have the guts to pull this off. Sure go get your Losi "truggy" you won't get a .46 , you wont get a 3 speed, no vert. frame and you sure wont get 53-55mph on top and low end like no one has seen. I hardly think the orders for the Genesis have been hampered.....no one realizes what this truck is going to be capable of....that hasn't seen it of course.
Old 04-13-2004, 03:30 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's all play nice! It is against the rules to post personal attacks and insults in the general forums (as well as through the PM system).

Either start behaving, or I'll be forced to start editing/deleting posts.

i8tweety
Car Forums Moderator
Old 04-13-2004, 04:29 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

CEN's marketing has not been strong to this point. Here is how I feel about it-

I think the information was introduced TOO soon, and gave us lots of time to think about it and come to our own conclusions. CEN shouldn't have leaked any information until closer to the launch before it was ready to ship- including videos and pictures. I believe it hasn't helped the launch by having so much dead time without videos or pictures to keep excitement up. Look at the Losi LST and the REVO. THOSE WERE PERFECTLY executed product marketing examples. Tons of hype, magazine covers, videos, and pictures- those trucks have REALLY raised enthusiasts excitement- I would give raises to their marketing departments for great execution and hype (TRAXXAS especially). CEN hasn't marketed their product well at this point. I don't think anyone could argue that, and that is why there are these heated conversations. CEN has allowed us to draw our own conclusions and then bicker aimlessly.

Maybe it will be the best truck out there, but their pre release product marketing has and will cause an impact on the trucks release, and I believe have a negative effect of potentially a great product.

As it stands right now, I will not buy a Genesis- CEN hasn't wowed me at all to this point. I think it will have to be a very strong product in all aspects to stand a chance and prove a generally pessimistic community wrong. If it gets rave reviews- then it might stand a chance. If the first hands on reviews are poor, it will be trouble from the get go.
Old 04-13-2004, 05:02 PM
Nitro10

Thanks for the welcome DALE. One would think that you guys really aren't giving CEN any credit here. With all the crap being posted I simply applied a little greese to where the NOISE was coming from. Frankly I think CEN is doing exactly what they should. Is anyone wondering about the LOSI or the REVO....heck no (nothing new there). Everyone is wondering about the Genesis.....now aren't they. Almost a half an inch of cubic displacement , 3 speed tranny, highway speeds....this thing spells excitement DALE...who needs marketing....... The proof is in the pudding boys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.