Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

roto start on mammoth??

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 09:26 PM
RCmammoth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default roto start on mammoth??

i know that the HPI roto start will work on the mammoth....but what do you guys think about it??? how does it work??? What about burning up the one way bearing??? What GOOD and BAD experience have u had with the roto start??? would it be a good wise investment??? thanx for the replies
Old 04-10-2004, 09:29 PM
crazypyro013

Default RE: roto start on mammoth??

i read about a lot of ppl that burn up there one way bearing. i have the roto start on my savage for little over a month now, and haven't even begun to wear it out. heck, my stock steering servo just broke today, and my one way still going strong

so it comes down to the user and your preference, and if your going to misuse the roto
Old 04-10-2004, 09:43 PM
RCmammoth

do u ahve to like unscrew anything before u start?? i read somsrhting liek that...(be specific) thanx man
Old 04-10-2004, 10:28 PM
crazypyro013

i don't.... just attach the starter shaft to the roto start unit, slip it into the roto start black plate, attach the igniter, and hit the button, and let it work
Old 04-10-2004, 10:50 PM
RCmammoth

anybody else have experience witht he rot start??? i want to hear alot of reviews to make my final decision....i still dont know if i want to buy it...
Old 04-11-2004, 09:31 PM
SeeWhyPhotos

I have an XTM Mammoth and have just converted the pull start to the roto-start. I've been using my cordless drill for the moment until I'm happy with the roto-start conversion.

So far, I've been real happy.. I am looking to get the roto-start starter to replace my 19v Cordless drill because it fits in my R/C Truck Tool box.

Good luck on getting a non-pull start engine. I've enjoyed it. Hopefully you do also. If that is what you end up doing.