Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LOSI LST ARRIVAL DATE

is the wasp better?
Old 06-02-2004, 08:49 AM
slago

ORIGINAL: fiddybucks

.....anyone wanna buy a brand new never run mach .26?
I am interested, how much?
Old 06-02-2004, 09:28 AM
nurch

I asked this same question to a couple co-workers of mine who are also interested in buying the Losi MT. they have been reading up on this truck for a while now as well. The thing that they mainly agreed on that would go wrong is the transmission. Although it sounds like a cool idea, can it really be trusted? I know the MT has been raced and it kicked some royal arse, but was the high/low transmission used at all during the race?

As far as the engine is concerned, I think the Dyamite Mach .26 should handle the truck just fine. Although I would prefer a stronger engine such as the Wasp .26 or RB .28.
Old 06-02-2004, 09:55 AM
Duff_Beer_12oz

If you've got the money i'm thinking of going with an 11 port sirio27. I might not although because of the price.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:21 AM
nurch

I'm not a big fan of supporting Ernie Provetti (Fuhrer of Trinity). Ernie is only out to get money more than a customer's satisfaction. For that, I would never support him at all. If I want to buy a Novarossi, Mario Rossi (God rest his soul), or any other engine that Ernie got his tentacles on, I would rather buy them from over seas. Ernie is not a good man at all. Very dishonest and a swindler.

I think that the RB or Wasp engines would be more than enough. Heck even the OFNA Hyper 8 port engine would be killer!! AND IT IS ONLY .21 (3.5CC) SIZE!!
Old 06-02-2004, 10:23 AM
breakin2
My Feedback: (1)

Anyone know if 40 series tires will fit the LST and if the reciever batteries are set up for a hump pack or regular battery?
Old 06-02-2004, 10:36 AM
ThermalRD

Its setup for a 5cell FLAT pack. I pointed that out with a pic in another thread. Im also told that the truck comes with the battery.

Matt
ORIGINAL: breakin2

Anyone know if 40 series tires will fit the LST and if the reciever batteries are set up for a hump pack or regular battery?
Old 06-02-2004, 10:37 AM
ThermalRD

Check out the pic. That would be the battery box.

Old 06-02-2004, 11:00 AM
supertib

the Mach 26 is on par with a WASP 26 as for power, but the mach tunes easier and has smoother power delivery.......the Novarossi 28 will be wicked fast...but till Losi has drivetrain upgrades i would hold off as the RB 28 seems to be a monster(seen it go last night) and the Novarossi will be even stronger...you should see what the RB does to the savage drivetrain....all i can say is the Novarossi based 28's are super super tourqey and will likely rip apart any drivetrain....side by side with a Pico 26 the RB has soo much more power its amazing...i was shocked...the Mach is a very good motor and won't be lacking in power that i promise...a Novarossi 28 will be nearly impossible to drive on a track without a center diff, the truck will wheelie constantly and be hard to control...the savage i seen was running stupid high gearing and it still wheelied in second gear stupidly(running rich to boot)
Old 06-02-2004, 12:12 PM
fiddybucks

sounds like fun to me!!!!!!!!! .28 it is...
Old 06-02-2004, 12:19 PM
rcblaze

Ah I love the sound of what you described in the RB 28. But truthfully anything better then the stock motor will make a savage wheelie. Guess I have to wait and see this RB in person to see if it's worth the money. I have seen a couple Mach .26 and was not impressed that much. I like the picco better. The picco is violent on the bottom end the mach is soft. And just to stay on topic I just spoke with my LHS and no new date but I got the first one that he gets. I'm getting a losi I'm getting a losi ah ha ha ha my truck is better then yours. Sorry fella's I saw delirious the other night.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:50 PM
breakin2
My Feedback: (1)

ThermalRD - thanks for the information
Old 06-03-2004, 12:12 AM
nurch

I dont know about the Rossi engines having more power than an RB engine. From my experience in the hobby, not to mention working in a hobby store for nearly 4 years, RB engines have always surpassed. They are easy to tune (these statements I will be making are strictly in my oppinion based on my experience), they are very easy to modify, last alot longer, very well balanced in the racing scene, and parts are fairly inexpensive and easier to get. I am a huge advocate of RB Concepts. I used to love the Rossi engines, but ever since Ernie Provetti got his tentacles on them, and made it that much more expensive and harder to get parts, I will opt against them.

I can gaurantee that a RB Concepts engine should drive the Losi MT just fine without any problems, provided that you have the settings set slightly rich just in case the drive train may become an issue. However, I am confident that Team Losi has taken into consideration about people wanting more power and more speed and have made adjustments accordingly. But if you want to play it safe, you can't go wrong with a Picco .26 or .27. Again, these are all my oppinions. They can be wrong, they can be right. I am basing my words off of my 4 years experience with these brands.
Old 06-03-2004, 07:54 PM
nd2xlr8

I talked to my lhs today and he said that Losi had to officially release the LST for him to order it. It's a small shop, but I would like to know if it's going to be week's or month's. Guess everyone else would too.
Old 06-03-2004, 09:16 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got done watching today's (6/03/04) episode of "Inside RC" (the r/c show on the outdoor channel) on the TiVo. It was about sled pulling trucks, but it had a 5 minute piece on the LST. It had the same guy that's on the RCX video talking about it. He didn't say anything I didn't already know about the truck, but it was cool to see it on TV. I got a much better idea of the proportions of this truck by watching it on the 55" HDTV. He didn't drive it or anything, but the camera got some good angles and close-ups while he moved it around and flipped it over and stuff. Seeing it on TV was soooo much better than a downloaded video clip.

The release has got to be right around the corner if they're already promoting it on "Inside R/C".
Old 06-03-2004, 09:41 PM
ThermalRD

Ooooh, you lucky dog. I didnt see it. My fingers are crossed, hoping for next week.

Matt
ORIGINAL: jefx

I just got done watching today's (6/03/04) episode of "Inside RC" (the r/c show on the outdoor channel) on the TiVo. It was about sled pulling trucks, but it had a 5 minute piece on the LST. It had the same guy that's on the RCX video talking about it. He didn't say anything I didn't already know about the truck, but it was cool to see it on TV. I got a much better idea of the proportions of this truck by watching it on the 55" HDTV. He didn't drive it or anything, but the camera got some good angles and close-ups while he moved it around and flipped it over and stuff. Seeing it on TV was soooo much better than a downloaded video clip.

The release has got to be right around the corner if they're already promoting it on "Inside R/C".
Old 06-03-2004, 09:53 PM
jefx

Ya, I almost deleted the episode before watching it because it didn't say anything about the LST in the episode description. I'm glad I didn't! I rewound and rewatched the piece 3 times in a row, and saved it for future viewing.

My fingers are crossed, hoping for next week
Yup, me too. The sooner the better.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:49 AM
fiddybucks

can somone post the inside rc clip? i need to torture myself more.

i was reading another forum and someone from canada mentioned early july till they get theirs....i hope thats not true : (
Old 06-04-2004, 08:21 PM
fiddybucks

well, end of june week 1, did anyone hear anything?

My LHS is gonna shot me if I call again. Last time I called he said "You will be the second one to know when it shows up". I am translating that to: don't call anymore it's not gonna make it come any faster. He is going to IM my cell phone when it comes in the door.
Old 06-04-2004, 09:30 PM
jefx

I feel the same way. What's taking so long? Every day now feels like a week.
Old 06-04-2004, 10:07 PM
ThermalRD

All i know is that my LHS called the distributor and said they will have them in 2 weeks. Next week will be week number 2. I'll be calling my LHS Monday and having him check on the order. I'll have soo many pics on the net when i get that truck.

Matt
ORIGINAL: fiddybucks

My LHS is gonna shot me if I call again. Last time I called he said "You will be the second one to know when it shows up". I am translating that to: don't call anymore it's not gonna make it come any faster. He is going to IM my cell phone when it comes in the door.
Old 06-04-2004, 10:59 PM
nurch

oh yeah? Well I will take all your pictures and multiply it by 2!!! OH, and I will then play with my truck.
Old 06-05-2004, 12:28 AM
Tweedybird

I was about to ask the same question

Tweey Bird
Old 06-05-2004, 12:57 AM
joules

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

All i know is that my LHS called the distributor and said they will have them in 2 weeks. Next week will be week number 2. I'll be calling my LHS Monday and having him check on the order. I'll have soo many pics on the net when i get that truck.

Matt
My LHS said the same thing as of 6/4/04. The ship date is June 10 and they should have it in about 2 weeks. I am hoping for wednesday or thursday week after next.. Friday at the latest i hope.
J~

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.