Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

cen fun factor mt2

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 05:44 PM
yenko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cen fun factor mt2

hello all, i am going to be installing this part : CEN Aluminum Brake Seat (violet) - CEN FFS009
on my mt2 can someone tell me if there are any gear mesh issues i should know about?
any gear info is welcome. i am also wondering if i should lean my stock engine out more.
it dont run hot, (spit test). but i dont think i am getting second grear. and it seems to lack power off the line.
But once it gets moving it screams. it wont even spin the tires from a stand still. and it hardley smokes at all.
except in tall grass. does this sound normal? please help.....
Old 04-20-2004, 06:55 PM
mecky33

Default RE: cen fun factor mt2

yenko, there shouldn't be any issues with that install. I have the same brake seat on my truck. Also, if your truck is really sluggish off the line you may need to adjust your low end needle a little bit. It sounds like your engine is running richer than it needs to be at idle. Also, you can lean your engine out as far as you think nessecary, just listen to it. If you start hearing it miss or it starts losing power at full throttle it is to lean. Cen has seen the NT-16 engines run continuously at 300 degrees with no ill effects. Since you are not hitting second gear, I would say that you are running a little to rich. Work on your tune before you start messing with the shift point. If you think that you are tuned well and it still doesn't shift, then start adjusting the shifter a little bit at a time. Also, when you put your brake seat in, make sure that you do a proper gear mesh before you run the truck. Do a search on here, I have posted the gear mesh procedure a few times. Let me know if you cant find it, and let me know if you have any other questions about your truck. good luck with your install.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:29 PM
sbb4us

Default RE: cen fun factor mt2

Yea yenko that dosent sound normal i drove bonified5's and that thing will spin out of control so easy if you lay into the throttle too much.