Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

New to RC Trucks

Old 04-26-2004, 05:36 PM
DirtRider931

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to RC Trucks

Well right now i have an old electric rc car, Its was a cheaper one and is rather boring because it doesn't go very fast at all. I am tire of electric and since i love anything to do with an engine i think i'm gonna go with a nirto. What are some basic things that i need to know. I have been looking at your comparison chart and stuff but what is some basic things i need to know?

I am a little strapped for cash. I need the best bang for the buck. I will just use it as a hobby and not any racing or anything. Just doing jumps, donuts, wheelies, street. Basically just to screw around on. What car do you suggest i look at?

I also would like one that would be cheap and i could eventually upgrade over time. Any other information is very much appreciated!

Thanks!!
Old 04-26-2004, 09:15 PM
oVeRdR!Ve

Default RE: New to RC Trucks

how much are you willing to spend..? and you dont really need to know much.. just read the manual and know a little about engines and tuning them.. its really not that hard.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:25 PM
vizaracer

savage would be a good truck for what your looking for. its not the cheapest, but it aint the most expensive. its very strong and can hold up to alot of punishment. its a great jumping truck. very well balanced. i dont think these trucks can do donuts because of their center of gravity. but they can wheelie. the savage will not wheel when you first buy it though. all you need is like a performance airfilter and a good tune and it will though.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:54 PM
DirtRider931

I know quite a lot about engines since i own a 2000 Honda CR125 motocross bike, so i am very familiar with two stroke engines. I was looking at the review for the Kyosho Mad Force. How does this do for price and performance? I'll need to save up some money but prolly around 300 bucks max. I don't want to get to serious about it and just want to maybe upgrade as i go.

How are the sizes of the motors measured? So far on my list of possibilties i have the Mad Force and the HPI Savage. Any others that i should look into?

Thanks for your help
Old 04-26-2004, 11:48 PM
vizaracer

the motors are measured by like c.i. i think? seems like they would because the savage has a .25 and the cc on that motor is 4.41 cc. so i am guessing c.i.'s these trucks are alot different from dirtbike 2-cycles since i own two 40cc motor scooters which is kinda the same. these trucks have extremely high rpms to what you may think if you dont know already. my motor is around 40,000 rpm. and they vary from like 30,000 rpm to about 50,000 rpm for a onroad engine. the savage does cost more than 300 though.[&o] you can get them for as cheap as 360 or so for a brand new ready to run (RTR) savage 25. the kits cost about 320 but they do not include radio equipment which would then bring the cost over the cost for the savage 25 RTR. the savage can get to about 42 mph and can climb almost anything reasonable from its height. they are also heavy compared to other trucks like the T-maxx. but their weight is in thicker parts which make it the most durable monster truck on the market.
Old 04-27-2004, 09:08 AM
DirtRider931

I think i'm gonna look on my good friend ebay and see if i can get a used one for cheap. If i think i found anything nice can i just post the URL here and you guys tell me if its worth it?

Thanks for your help so far!
Old 04-27-2004, 10:12 AM
Melancholy43920

i would suggest a T-Maxx. i just got mine last week and it's my first nitro ever and i love it. very good support, very easy to work on and fix and tons and tons of hopups available. right out of the box it's already a beast so you don't have to spend extra money for performance parts. and as far as i know i don't think the savage has reverse, which can be very handy for backyard bashing. just my opinion but i'd go for the T-Maxx.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:13 AM
Mxracer45

The HPI Savage is a great truck, As well as the Team Associated Monster gt, and XTM Mammoth.Look on ebay and if ya find sumthin u like hey go for it![8D]
Old 04-27-2004, 10:59 AM
ThermalRD

If all you want is a fun, affordable truck, then buy the Mad force. That Mad force is EXTREMELY fun, and its very affordable. Especially if you arent gonna race.

Matt
Old 04-27-2004, 12:35 PM
popuptoaster

everyone is gonna have their own favorite, but for something thats easy to start, easy to break in, easy to tune (stays tuned really well too) and is easy to work on, look at a Monster GT, Very capable truck straight out the box, will out drive most MT over rough ground.
Not quite as indestructable as a savage, but when it breaks, its normally cheap bits like lower A arms and bumpers.
Old 04-27-2004, 05:03 PM
DirtRider931

I've been looking on ebay but there are all of these different models and stuff. Would anybody mind pointing me in the right direction maybe giving me a few links?

Thanks a lot!
Old 04-27-2004, 05:08 PM
Mxracer45

Dirtrider i sent you a private message
Old 04-27-2004, 05:09 PM
DirtRider931

Here is one i found with a few broken peices.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...category=44029

are these peices fixably, is it worth the money you think?
Old 04-27-2004, 05:11 PM
Mxracer45

I wouldnt get that i can tell that thing has been through a thrashing and that guy doesnt take care of it. Check the pm i sent you
Old 04-27-2004, 06:50 PM
DirtRider931

I jsut checked the pm. Its a super nice truck but the price is going to be along with it by the time the auction is done. I'm gonna need cheaper probably. I don't car too much if its been well used. Just as long as it works. I'm more strapped for cash then i thought.[&o] Send anything else you think might be a good deal.

Thanks
Old 04-27-2004, 11:05 PM
DirtRider931

I found this one, i don't recognize the name brand though? Its cheap, thats what i like about it...but will its be any good?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...tem=3190317118
Old 04-29-2004, 12:23 AM
HKS_fury

go with the xtm mammoth no regrets
Old 04-30-2004, 12:44 AM
mike403

stay with your electric its your best betand upgrade that u can make an electric a lot of fun brushless anyone
Old 04-30-2004, 04:57 AM
nitrobashinauz

tell us exactly what you want the truck for and the main factors that will influence you, and where will you drive it, stuff like that.
Old 04-30-2004, 07:28 AM
Smokinjoe6450
My Feedback: (6)

If you are looking for a reliable $300 truck I would suggest the CEN MT2.

http://www.ehobbies.com/rc-cen-9236.html

It is a 1/10 scale good, reliable, pocket friendly 4wd truck that hauls butt. Any 1/8 scale w/ everything needed to run is going to cost you $400 minimum.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:56 AM
DirtRider931

My electric is from my dad back when he was a kid. Its a radio shack buggy! There are no upgrades! lol. I'll be driving on the street for little rips. Then i can go out and climb some really big hills and hit jumps. Those are the main things i would like to do with it. I would like it to go pretty fast but also have the low end for wheelies. That should sum up what i would like to do with it i think. Hit jumps, climb hills, and cruise streets (wheelies and stuff)
Old 04-30-2004, 10:16 AM
Mxracer45

Then what you want is the madforce. WHeelies on demand easily. Aweseme torque, great rock crawler, 43mph top speed, 3 speed tranny.........but its not really a great jumper, but it gets the job done okay. I would get the mammoth, but for the purposes for you u wont find everything u need in 1 truck, but the MF seems to be the 1 that fits you the best.[8D]
Old 04-30-2004, 11:01 AM
JordanT

If you want something inexpensive you should look at the traxxas stampede.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:04 AM
Mxracer45

He said he wants nitro the stampede is electric.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:23 AM
hmsmike

I am Newbie to Nitro as Well ............ and I did some very extensive research on all of these trucks. If you can save up the money get the Monster GT. It is probaley the easiest truck on the market to break-in and maintain. I have had zero trouble with it so far. Keep this in mind......... if you are new to it, get something that is easy to work on. The Savage is a good truck but hard to work on. The T-maxx............Well I'll just say this, with all the stuff on the internet & esspecially what the guy at my LHS said they break very easy. He said that people would have them at like half-speed and hit something and just bust the arms. I know one thing, LOL I hit a metal storage shed full speed the other day (learning how to Drive, :-} ) well anyways I put this huge dent in the shed, looks like someone kicked it with a steel toe boot. I just knew the truck was busted. When I got to it, not the first thing was bent or broke. I was in shock. However what ever you decide, any of these trucks are good it just some trucks have different advantages over another. T-maxx has Speed, MGT has Size and Durability, & Savage has a good mix of Speed & Durabilty but unlike the other two, hard to work on. Whatever decide you will be satisfied because just having a MT is a blast!!!!! That's what it is all about anyways not "My truck is better than yours" but FUN!!!!

Thats my 2Cents!!![8D]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.