Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

AIR LEEK?? OR SOME STRANGE NORMAL EXAUST SOUND

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

AIR LEEK?? OR SOME STRANGE NORMAL EXAUST SOUND

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 01:56 PM
panhandeler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AIR LEEK?? OR SOME STRANGE NORMAL EXAUST SOUND

On my Mad force which i have recently gotton, i think there may be an air leek. my car runs great except the gears wont shift but im still working on that. any way, when i run my car i hear a strange hissing sound. i have tightened all the screws on the motor but when i run my car i can still hear the sound. could my piston be cracked or somthing? is there a certain screw on the carburator that needs to be tightened more or less?? plz help me out hear, i really like my new rc car but i want to run it so its perfect. [&o]
Old 05-08-2004, 02:29 PM
skliffy

Default RE: AIR LEEK?? OR SOME STRANGE NORMAL EXAUST SOUND

hav u tried the exhast feed?
Old 05-08-2004, 06:10 PM
panhandeler

im kinda new at this, but is that were i put my finger ont the exaust and look and feel if any air is coming out somwhere else??
Old 05-08-2004, 06:55 PM
skliffy

nope if u do that u will kill the engine
Old 05-08-2004, 07:13 PM
skliffy

if ur car wont go to second then u prob need to lean it out abit thats the high speed needle clockwise the 1 on the top but only do it a few deg at a time lil an often as much as it needs.
the feed off the exhaust is the pipe that feeds exhaust gases from the pipe to the fuel tank to pressure the fuel into the carbb.
but thinkin bout it, im not sure perhaps u need to take it to a hobby shop. not the one you bought it from. or if u bought it privet it dont matter ... anyway u being new and all it might be best if u take it to sum1 who knows whats goin on in there.
and if he fixes it ask him to explain what was wrong and what could it be in the future. if he or she is a proper model finatic they will be only to pleased to help you out.

im sorry if it sounds a bit slow but i dont mean to offend ne1 im only here to help i hope i can #