Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

I need some advice on a truck

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 01:08 AM
bbanprod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some advice on a truck

hey guys how's it going? i have a question. i am looking for a truck to do some backyard bashing and just to have some fun. I have had plenty of nitro cars in the past. tmaxx,ofna ultra gtp, hpi rush and more. but i have been away from the cars for about 2 and 1/2 years because i have been flying model airplanes instead. so i have lost touch. anyways, i was thinking about getting an ofna. What is the difference between the monster pirate sport and the denominator? also if you have any other ideas of other trucks, please let me know. thanks for you time.
Adrian
Old 05-15-2004, 07:09 AM
R/C Madman
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: I need some advice on a truck

Nothing wrong with either of those trucks but, for bashing I would get a Savage or a Mammoth.
Old 05-15-2004, 03:28 PM
bbanprod

thanks, is the savage a reliable truck. i had a hpi nitro rush and it had a lot of problems with the chassis bending. will the savage handle bashing?
Old 05-15-2004, 06:00 PM
ThermalRD

The savage is without a doubt the best basher i've ever owned.

Matt
ORIGINAL: bbanprod

thanks, is the savage a reliable truck. i had a hpi nitro rush and it had a lot of problems with the chassis bending. will the savage handle bashing?
Old 05-15-2004, 09:14 PM
Spudnik

the oringal rush did have a chassis prob, but hpi han a chassis hand in deal for it and the rush evo as a thinker chaissis for it. TO your question, the savage is a great truck and likely the best basher. For something different go for rthe mad force, or a truckzilla conversion, but buy what you what to drive and not what someguy on the internet is telling you to to buy.

Goo luck and i hope you have a good time with your truck
Old 05-15-2004, 09:36 PM
fourwheeler

The savage will not dissappoint you.
Old 05-15-2004, 10:30 PM
ranger1
My Feedback: (32)

the savage is a great truck a freind of mine has one and this truck hauls. but i like the two maxxes i have , thay have plenty of power and handle the bashing we give them very good . but all the trucks out there will stand up to a backyard bashing. the choice is yours , but the maxx has my vote.
Old 05-15-2004, 11:49 PM
bbanprod

thanks guys for the info. i wen to my local hobby store where i used to work for, and i saw they have a supercharger for r/c cars. it gives 23-30% hp on your engine. i saw it run and it was pretty insane. you can even change the pully on it. i don't know if you have heard of these before. so far its out for the 2.5 maxx and the associated monster truck. if you are interested in it, i can find more info for you guys. only thing is that they are 150 bucks.
Old 05-16-2004, 12:17 AM
fhm101

For close quarters bashing, the Savage is hard to beat.
Old 05-16-2004, 01:51 AM
vizaracer

i love the savage. its got great handling for a monster truck and is faster than some of the trucks out there. it also is forgiving.
Old 05-16-2004, 08:10 AM
slago

If you want to know if the Savage is durable then head over to [link=http://www.slapmafro.com]http://www.slapmafro.com[/link] and watch some of the videos of these guys beating the snot out of their trucks. They are Savage trucks and they are mostly stock. Before I bought, I sent an email to those guys and they both independently confirmed that the Savage was the "tough-truck" choice. They did not have the same glowing review of the Maxx.

Watch the videos, you'll see.
Old 05-16-2004, 01:47 PM
fourwheeler

Amen Slago, the savage is the durability king!!!!!
Old 05-16-2004, 01:50 PM
Crazy_Coconuts

savages are cool... but so are Mad Force's... if its just back yard bashing, and you like rolling around and stuff... mad force might be somthing you could consider... the only thing is that it doesnt have as much after market support as the savage..
Old 05-16-2004, 06:26 PM
stumpy29

If you are planning to race or bash your monster truck, you need the CF shock towers. I am selling some on E B A Y and the item number is 3193746104
Old 05-16-2004, 09:14 PM
slago

Maybe on the Mammoth but NOT on the Savage. Don't waste your time and money with that type of upgrade on the Savage.
Old 05-16-2004, 10:30 PM
vizaracer

those are not needed for a savage. it has stonger shock towers than those probably. those are alot thinner.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:01 PM
mdntridr069

try the TNX i beat this truck all the time and it runs great
Old 08-09-2004, 08:44 AM
tristy

SAVAGE RULES! i have a savage and iv'e had it for a year now nothing's broken yet.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:51 AM
hyper 7 pbs

look i just was in ur position and i bought an mgt there great its bigger then a savage and it takes more to brake it then a savage get the mgt because it also has reverse my m8 has a pirate 10 there a very funny car but not a very contrilable car but if u lookin 4 a cheap car get a pirite 10 there really gud fun and bloody quick
Old 08-09-2004, 11:00 AM
R/CFamilyMan

The Savage is a great truck. I had one and enjoyed it, but in truth I feel that the MGT is the best truck around I have beat that truck far worse than my savage and only broke an Aarm. The MGt out handles and out jumps the savage. It can handle hotter motors, my savage had a Mach 26 and it blew out both diffs and all dogbones. Finaly it blew the tranny now I was hard on it but I used the same motor in the MGt and it has no problems. I have a Mad force and that is great but it goes thru drive shafts fast and needs alot of hop ups to keep running. Now that mine is hopped up it is fun and durable. I have a Xfactor that truck looks so cool but it realy sucks very weak and does not handle at all. Finaly I have a mamoth it is very fast and handles great but it does not accept standard rims without a adaptor and it has a problem with clutches, they melt very fast at least mine and Dwayne's did. It also bends the aluminum shock towers on even low speed flips they can be bent back but it weakens them. And the last nail in the coffin is that XTM has terrible tech support and they don't back up their trucks. Anyway this got alot longer than I planned, in the end the savage is great and so is the MGT I give the nod to MGT. Good luck r/c is a blast my kids and I make it a family event on my days off.

If your not having fun why bother
Old 08-09-2004, 12:40 PM
GotSavage?

I would have to say the Savage is the way to go. Its toughness have been proven for well over a year, also there is probably more aftermarket support than anyother RC. As far as the monster GT goes, yes it is a nice truck but I dont know about it being more durable than the savage. They break stupid little stuff alot. Nothing that will really cause you to not be able to dive it just annoying little things like the bumpers and skidplates. It is really not all that much larger than the savage either. In fact if you put the Monster GT body on the Savage it looks about the same size.
Old 08-09-2004, 04:07 PM
R/C Madman
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: bbanprod

thanks guys for the info. i wen to my local hobby store where i used to work for, and i saw they have a supercharger for r/c cars. it gives 23-30% hp on your engine. i saw it run and it was pretty insane. you can even change the pully on it. i don't know if you have heard of these before. so far its out for the 2.5 maxx and the associated monster truck. if you are interested in it, i can find more info for you guys. only thing is that they are 150 bucks.
Don't waste your money on that junk! The only people that will say it works are the ones that make it and those that bought it and are to embarrassed to admit it's junk because of the money they just wasted!
Old 08-10-2004, 12:22 PM
truggybasher

Savages rock, they won't cost you an arm and leg either.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:29 PM
<conrad>

id have to say the mammoth 52+ mph just as durable as the savage <with a shock tower upgrade which is only like 60$> and the mammoth is easer to clean and the moter is long lasting and easy starting. yeah the savage is durable but its slow and hard to work on and hard starting when breakin in and after a while but its still a great truck but i gess its what u want to do wit ur truck if u want to race and hit crazy speeds and hit huge jump and big air go mammoth if u want a durable truck go savage