Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

A Traxxas Revo for $75.00????

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 10:50 AM
Duff_Beer_12oz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A Traxxas Revo for $75.00????

I'm just kidding. I'm not sending in 75 bucks. Just wanted a reaction. I was reading the site and found that you'll only have a chance at that truck if 6 other prople join with you. What will happen is that out of those 6 or more they will pull a name and the winner gets their truck. I don't think it is a scam. I think they are making that deal better than it really is. But if your name gets pulled let me know.
Old 06-14-2004, 07:30 PM
ericthetree
My Feedback: (11)

so far I have received $750 for a $150 investment .it works for me.
Old 06-16-2004, 02:09 AM
j-dog05

Ok,

For all you people who think this is a scam well it's not. I know there are sites out there that are pryamid scheme scames but this is not. It's really quite simple how this site can sell at such a low price. for example:

Say you buy a losi lst that has a 10 person matrix for $75.00 and the {lst} retail price is $550.00. You are at the top and say someone else signs up then that would be $150.00 to the site. Wait until 8 more people sign up and that would be an easy $750.00 way over the retail price. Take out $550.00 for that one truck for you and that would leave the site a profit of $200.00 wether you chose the truck or cash equevelent the site will get the same amount of money. The only bad thing about buying this way is the wait. And thats how the site can make money and still sell at such a low cost without having to scam anyone or not give them a gift.

~~~ GET CHO FACTS STRAIGHT!!!~~~
Old 06-16-2004, 05:23 AM
popuptoaster

ORIGINAL: j-dog05

Ok,

For all you people who think this is a scam well it's not. I know there are sites out there that are pryamid scheme scames but this is not. It's really quite simple how this site can sell at such a low price. for example:

Say you buy a losi lst that has a 10 person matrix for $75.00 and the {lst} retail price is $550.00. You are at the top and say someone else signs up then that would be $150.00 to the site. Wait until 8 more people sign up and that would be an easy $750.00 way over the retail price. Take out $550.00 for that one truck for you and that would leave the site a profit of $200.00 wether you chose the truck or cash equevelent the site will get the same amount of money. The only bad thing about buying this way is the wait. And thats how the site can make money and still sell at such a low cost without having to scam anyone or not give them a gift.

~~~ GET CHO FACTS STRAIGHT!!!~~~

dont be so damn stupid, of COURSE its a scam, if you have to wait for others to sign up before you get a truck, then eventually the world runs out of people to sign up, and everyone still left on the list dont get a truck, its simple maths, if you all pay 1/4 the cost, you only get 1 truck betwen 4 people.

Actually maybe they should just let these things run, its like natural selection, if your stupid enough to give em your money, you wont be able to afford to breed anymore dimbulbs like yourself!
Old 06-16-2004, 08:12 AM
KapaCorvette

Damn, i'm fed up with waiting REVO. Can any dude tell me when it comes?
Old 06-16-2004, 08:22 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree wholeheartedly with popuptoaster.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:35 PM
Revision

OK so you are correct, it's not a scam, as long as you are the originator of the idea or one of the first 20 people to sign up. After that the numbers get too high and you simply become a chance. Just like the website states, "a chance to win..."

Enjoy the ebooks you can download for free from other places on the internet. Let me know if you recieve your truck.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:47 PM
jefx

What is an "ebook" anyway?
Old 06-16-2004, 09:02 PM
Revision

Ebook is basically nothing mor ethen a book in PDF format so you open it with adobe acrobat. They generally pertain to ways to make money off the internet (appropriate for just signing up for something like this) and things of that sort. Some have to pertain to managing money, poetry, pretty much anything and everything. The only thing that makes the e-books significant that you sign up for is the fact that i have yet to see one that i wasn't able to find and download for free from another site.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:57 PM
1022magic

This is how the pyramid works. If I am number 100 to sign up technically at that point only 12 people should have recieved an evo. I would need to wait for 700 new people to sign up for the pyramid before I get mine. If I am number 200 to sign up I would need to wait for another 1,400 people to sign up.

The math is easy if you know what number you are in line. Multiply that number by 8 then subtract your number. (100*8=800; 800-100=700) (200*8=1,600; 1,600-200=1,400)

Now, lets say you are the 200th person to get a "REVO". The person that set up the pyramid, would have had 1600 people signed up. ($1,600*$75=$120,000) (200 Revos * $400=$80,000) $40,000 Profit. That is if they send you the Revos, and if the do I am sure they will pay less than $400 for them.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:43 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

For every 1 person that gets a REVO, 8 people do not.

On the waiting to cycle list, there are 126 people. If you were to go on the list now, there needs to be 1016 more people to put their name on the list (and pay their $75). The 1016th person (who is required for the next person to put their name on the list as #127) needs 7120 people to sign-up for them to get one. Do you expect the list to get that long? I certainly do not.
Old 06-26-2004, 07:17 AM
awsomaha
My Feedback: (1)

This just like the one I saw for a Traxxx, I believe, for 75$. The only problem is the guy was selling a link to a web site that was selling them for 75$, not the actuall product. Who whould pay money for a link, that makes no sense.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:51 AM
Dirt-biter

Hi, I'm new here.... punched "traxxas revo" into search and this thread came up.

I've asked the same question here:

http://www.wildhobbies.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1267

Now here's what I think about this e-book stuff: Firstly, if someone has done this, what does the ebook roughly tell you to do? Does it show you how to get a Revo from THEM or from a Distributor or Traxxas or a Hobby store?

See, the products go from Traxxas, directly to a distributor (like horizon hobby), and nowhere else. The distributor then sends them out to local retailers and/or hobby stores. Thats where you buy the stuff.

Now my question is, where do they get these trucks? And for how much? I'll bet you the $75 that they do NOT get them from Traxxas. And they MIGHT get them from a distributor. (distributors normally want a picture of your storefront, tax ID number, etc.)

So, wherever and whenever they get these things, they are trying to make some money. Obviously! And obviously, they think that doing it the ebook way will earn them MORE profit then selling the trucks straight to you for the right price ($470). And naturally, if they make more profit than selling them normally, you, the customers, will be spending more. Like was being discussed before, a certain precentage of people them get them cheap, the others get nothing. In the end, if you do all the math, they make more profit them the legitamite people, and that's assuming THERE'S A SUCKER BORN EVERY MINUTE!

Use your brain and figure out the possible ways people can do this, it just doesn't make sense. I don't even think Traxxas can make a truck for $75. Stealing is the only way you could give everybody a Revo for that price.

I read the ads and red flags start popping up all over in my head.
Old 07-09-2004, 08:01 PM
ctimm
My Feedback: (61)

I GOT MINE (TMAXX)............ I purchased the $75.00 blue "ebook" pkg on tmaxx matrix back in april, i thought for sure that it would never happen, that i would never get it. Ive gotten laughed at, insulted and lectured by my wife and for a while i felt pretty silly, and guess what???? I GOT MINE.
I'm going to invest another $75 and go for the Losi LST.
Its worth the wait, i dont care if it takes a friggin year! I dont work for them or even know them, i knew the risk ($75) and wanted to take a chance and i'm damn happy i did.

Better than getting the TMaxx was the silencing of my sceptics
Old 07-09-2004, 08:15 PM
nd2xlr8

I can't belive they let people post garbage like this with no disclaimer. The whole idea is for suckers.

Are you a sucker???? If you are then just send your money strait to me!!! please!!!
Old 07-10-2004, 09:40 AM
Dirt-biter

Like somebody else said, 1 out of 8 get one. Its like a lottery, and you got lucky. And its not because of your rabbits foot.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:12 PM
Texdav

If a purchase is necessary to get on the list they are headed for problems of the federal variety.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:01 PM
expanive $avage guy

good thing you put this up I almost did it but it sounded too good to be true thaks you saved me and my friend $75 bucks