Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

REVO

Old 06-07-2004, 02:11 AM
Duff_Beer_12oz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REVO

Amazing isn't it! A forum about the revo! I was just wandering wht anyone thinks about the revo. I was surprised when i found out it was going to be sold for 480 dollars. Dose anyone think it will have good support from hs? I'm thinking it may actually be a decent truck. As crazy as it may sound, i may turn from buying an LST and go with the Revo. I know, i know, i know[:@]!!!!! Neither of these trucks are out yet but i'm open for OPINIONS. If i get the LST, I will have this awsome truck with no money to hop it up. At 15 yrs, i have a very slow income. I'm at 300 dollars. I make about 100 a month during the grass cutting season. The revo is starting to sound pretty good. I'm not saying this because of the price but because i was looking at some of the tech specs. I'm not sure i want to go with such a big truck as the LST. I want to mostly race, jump, and some light bashing. I think that with the proper hop ups the Revo could be fine with a little bashing. I mostly want to race although and hill climb. Forget bashing! Hill climbing and racing sounds so much cheaper. Please talk to me about these things. I feel like a little kid in a toy shop who can only buy one thing.
Old 06-07-2004, 03:04 AM
Q8 RC

Default RE: REVO

Neither of these trucks are out yet how do you want us to tell you wich one is better loooooool JK i would really go with the revo becouse i watched the vedio in radio control zone and it was fast for racing and it handel a jump like a small bump and if any of my LHS in kuwait sell it cheap i would buy one but they sell T-MAXX far to expensive its about 630$ and the savage 25 RTR for about 710$ much expensive that USA and i think the revo will get more expensive than the savage 25 rtr in kuwait and i think i will get the LST and the REVO next year when i visit USA.[>:]

BADER,
Old 06-07-2004, 03:35 AM
Duff_Beer_12oz

I just watched some videos to and the REVO looks good. It looks like it handles pretty well and scales rockey terrain very well. I just might go with it. O and by the way, the whole thing about them not being out yet, thats why i asked for opinions. I'm sure anyone who has checked it out will have an opinion.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:26 AM
Q8 RC

did you see the one in radio control zone it handels very well but damn today o bought the thread back of the GIGAN CRUSHER damn it look great
Old 06-07-2004, 11:25 AM
Duff_Beer_12oz

I've never heard of the gigan crusher. Where can i find it?
Old 06-07-2004, 12:08 PM
nurch

The Gigan Crusher is Kyosho's new monster truck in development. They figure that they should keep up since their Mad Force can't compete with the real racing MTs.
Old 06-07-2004, 02:33 PM
Vanquish24

Do you have a link for it or any info at all?
Old 06-07-2004, 04:41 PM
SamP-51flyer
My Feedback: (2)

REVO being a hardcore traxxas fan I vote yes if you want a shatload of aftermarket parts after 3-6 months
]
Old 06-08-2004, 01:54 AM
davechappelle

I have personally seen the REVO in action several times and all that I can say is that all of the hype is justified. I have also seen the LST run (once) and the MGT run (several times) and the Cen (once). All three of these trucks behave like any other Truggy, so, if you want something different, you would have to step away from the Truggies and get the revo. The REVO is a big time basher because of the suspension travel (more than any other truck out including LST and CEN). I can just imagine running it with even bigger wheels and tires and a Novarossi turbo .15 or a 21.

If you are on a Budjet, I would get the REVO because it has been the most thought out truck and will have the most parts support. I especially like the way it goes in reverse perfectly straight.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:55 AM
Duff_Beer_12oz

Thanx davechappelle. But how do you think it would do with a sirio 27.xlpro?
Old 06-08-2004, 09:03 AM
raykessler

you may have to wait a while to put that ginormus engine in cause of the wacky sliding engine mount, someones gonna have to mak a bigger one before you can go beyond small block

and also we are not sure if the drive train can handle that kinda stress, i konw that its dfferent from the TMAX's but you never konw
Old 06-08-2004, 09:10 AM
Duff_Beer_12oz

To be honest with you i have never owned a truck in my life. I simply learned some by reading forums and books. I do plan on getting a revo. I got 300$ right now. I was wandering if you or someone else could recomend a simpler engine than a sirio27. I want to hit at least 55 mph. I understand allot of it has to do with the gearing to. Where could i buy a 3 speed transmission? please give me a link to you advice to.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:19 AM
raykessler

ok duff let me put it this way..... since uv never driven a truck before, u don wanna be going 55 until uv gone much slower, and to be honest, even with the top speed of 40+ with the stock engine ull probably lose control a few times, wait a while and then get a huge engine

oh and while ur goin huge and expensive why don u just get a RB .28
Old 06-09-2004, 01:11 PM
ThermalRD

Davechappelle? Did i read that correct? You classified the LST as a TRUGGY? Thats a stretch of the imagination. I was planning on buying the Revo, but Traxxas has mildly annoyed me recently. I started a thread there asking if the Revo would suffer the same delays as the TNX, Genesis, and LST. They apparently didnt like that thread. It was locked, and i was banned pretty much immediately.

Matt
Old 06-09-2004, 01:57 PM
Sinny Gun

can you tune the suspension so the revo doesn't do wheelies?
i'm not spending this much on a nitro wild wheelie.
Old 06-09-2004, 04:59 PM
viperspeed333

If you make the shocks stiffer in the front, it should wheelie much less. If that doesnt work, there is always a wheelie bar.
Old 06-09-2004, 05:24 PM
raykessler

hey thermal, what forum was that, just so i never go there
Old 06-09-2004, 05:55 PM
ThermalRD

It was the traxxas.com forums, in the Revo section. Now i know why that forum has such a bad reputation.

Matt
ORIGINAL: raykessler

hey thermal, what forum was that, just so i never go there
Old 06-09-2004, 06:12 PM
raykessler

oh yah they don let me back there anymore

yah the mods are REALLY pissy
Old 06-09-2004, 07:55 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Revo looks pretty cool, but it looks like a hybrid of two different driving styles and not excelling in either. It has long and plush suspension travel, and a computer controled reverse mechanism doohickey which makes it look like a basher, but it is light weight with chinsey a-arms and a small block engine and race inspired tires which make it look like a racer. I think that in box stock form, it won't do great in either area, but it'll do pretty good in both. It's as if Traxxas wasn't sure of what the intended purpose of this truck was, so they just made it with some fancy features and plan on selling us the extra parts to finish converting it into the type of truck we'd like it to be. It's actauly pretty brilliant on Traxxas' part, how they designed it with a lot of potential but little direction, that way they get buyers from every field. I don't think I'll buy one, I already got sucked into the Tmaxx trap and learned from my lesson, but it does look pretty cool........all shiny and sparkly and bling bling and whatnot.
Old 06-11-2004, 02:12 AM
Duff_Beer_12oz

Hay thermal! I just got kicked out of traxxas forum too. It's amazing! All i did was ask a few questions about it and the engine. I didn't say anything at all that put it down or went against the laws.