Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

newbie..wich one?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 03:24 PM
diff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie..wich one?

hi there, iam new in rc nitro trucksso i still not buy any because iam very confuse in wich one should i choose[&:][&:][&:]
what do you guys think is the best in overall performance; power,handling,parts needed,racing capabilities and the more reliable
i got this brands in my head- traxxas,hpi,kyosho,thunder tiger etc etc
please clarify me ,iam so confused[]

thanks

alex
Old 06-08-2004, 05:32 PM
<conrad>

Default RE: newbie..wich one?

MADFORCE or SAVAGE
Old 06-08-2004, 07:51 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

the most reliable are the savage and mammoth. the mad force is too. the mammoth is the fastest by far (53mph). but the most hop up parts are available for the t-maxx and savage (but dont get me wrong you can also get hop ups for the mammoth and mad force, but just not as large of a selection). the t-maxx and the mammoth probably have the best handling. but the best performer overall has to be the savage because it is so incredibly durable and there are a million things you can do to it to make it better.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:17 PM
popuptoaster

best equipped out the box, and best handling has to be the MGT in my opinion, its probably the best compromise between the mammoths speed (although why you wanna buy a monster truck to go that fast is beyond me) and the Savages toughness.
T maxx has more hop ups but is (IMO) a bit out classed by most of the others in the way it drives, mad force cant compete with the independant suspension trucks handling wise. they are all priced at different levels too so that may affect your decision.

somethiing else i just thought of, the MGT is very easy to work on, and the engine is very easy to start and keep in tune compared to some of the others, nothing like getting a finicky truck and losing interest in the hobby cos you cant get the thing running well.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:43 PM
Vanquish24

Yea i agree with Lax about the Savage. It is really durable, has a decent top speed, and Hpi parts are the easiest to come by. It's a great truck being it you first RC.

ORIGINAL: lax195

the most reliable are the savage and mammoth. the mad force is too. the mammoth is the fastest by far (53mph). but the most hop up parts are available for the t-maxx and savage (but dont get me wrong you can also get hop ups for the mammoth and mad force, but just not as large of a selection). the t-maxx and the mammoth probably have the best handling. but the best performer overall has to be the savage because it is so incredibly durable and there are a million things you can do to it to make it better.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:14 AM
diff

thanks all for the replys
let me see...savage is from HPI,t-maxx-TRAXXAs,and the mad force?as for the others?[&o]
as for the scales,some only have 1/10 others 1/8,why?
btw what is the differences between stadium truck or what is a stadium truck?

sorry all this questions,but this is too much data for a completely newbie

thanks
alex
Old 06-09-2004, 11:38 AM
bonified5

Madforce- Kyosho Mammoth-XTM A stadium truck is smaller, most likely faster, and more of a car. They dont have as much ground clearance. If you want to bash and jump, get a monster truck. If you want to race and do a little off roading, get a stadium truck.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:02 PM
diff

how about the sizes?
hpi are a lot more BIG than traxxas !!!
why is that?

ps:i really like the savage[>:]

thanks
alex
Old 06-09-2004, 02:22 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

the t-maxx is a 1/10. the savage is a 1/8. i dunno why they are different sizes. people USUALLY (not always) race 1/10 scales because the menouver better.
Old 06-09-2004, 04:54 PM
popuptoaster

monster truck races normally dont make any distinction, 1/8 and 1/10 will race together, generally, the bigger your truck, the rougher ground it will cope with, i got the MGT which is pretty big, it has a nice amount of clearance underneath and i can drive it up my six inch high steps without going at an angle.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:56 PM
rcmaniac101

I am also a newbie to nitro mt. ive been in the hobby since i was like 2 and im now 14. i dont know weather i should get the mad force or the savage. i want something big that has a fast top speed and that can take a beating on jumping. also that are in the 400-500 dollar price range.

But so far i think im getting the mad force