Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

RC car action magazine!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 07:03 PM
diff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC car action magazine!

hello , yesterday i made up my mind in buying a Savagebut while ago i bought this magazine and whats the deal?!? i mean is this magazine owned by TRAXXAS? it looks like,a LOT of ads to T-maxx!!!
now iam stuck again[]i really like the Savage but i am afraid that i cannot get parts or assistence like Traxxas
it is just my impression?

please help here

alex
Old 06-12-2004, 07:13 PM
fourwheeler

Default RE: RC car action magazine!

The savage will not dissappoint you with performance or parts support. HPI stands behind their product very well.
Old 06-12-2004, 10:25 PM
supernova803

The Savage has many hop-ups. TRy reading Rc driver or xtreme rc.
Old 06-12-2004, 10:41 PM
vizaracer

traxxas does own a magizine. that must be the one they own. they are biased to only traxxas products and you probably wont find a thing about a savage in there i bet. savage's have great parts availibilty and they are very durable. people are always talking about which one is better and some say savage and some say t-maxx. it just mostly depends on what you like. some people like cars that are tough and some like speed. i like to have a durable truck and not break down alot.
Old 06-12-2004, 11:12 PM
Vintage_Duff

u will be very happy with the savage and it has plenty of hop-ups for it
www.rcxshop.com
www.neweramodels.com
and there r plenty more
Old 06-13-2004, 09:20 AM
diff

thanks for the inputs
i am now more relaxed[8D]
yes i will go for the savage.

alex
Old 06-18-2004, 10:50 AM
mushroom281

NEVER EVER buy a vehicle from a magazine article always read on the internet

go to www.savagecentral.net and you can learn all about how great a savage is
Old 06-18-2004, 11:09 AM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

Sorry, gotta yell [:@][:@][:@][:@] ...

YOU GUYS ARE IDIOTS!!! TRAXXAS HAS FEWER ADS THAN AT LEAST 5 OTHER COMPANIES IN RCCA, NONE OF WHICH ARE T-MAXX SPECIFIC ANY MORE (THEY'RE EITHER REVO OR THEIR FULL LINE W/A TINY MAXX PIC).

THE MAG DOESN'T SAY 'MAXX-MAXX-MAXX', THAT'S THE IMPRESSION YOU GET BECAUSE SO MANY OTHER COMPANIES MAKE PARTS FOR IT, AND THAT'S BECAUSE THERE ARE AT LEAST FIFTY TIMES AS MANY OF THEM ON THE MARKET (THAN SAVAGES, AND IT'S PROBABLY MORE LIKE 100X OR MORE).

THEY REVIEWED THE SAVAGE .25 IN THE JUNE ISSUE (OR WAS IT JULY?) AND THEY LIKED IT.

STOP *****ING ABOUT THIS STUPID AD THING, YOU SOUND LIKE WHINY BABIES, AND IGNORANT WHINY BABIES AT THAT!!

Dean
Old 06-18-2004, 11:14 AM
breakin2

So what you're saying Dean, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that RCCA is incredibly biased towards Traxxas and hates the Savage with a passion?
Old 06-18-2004, 11:23 AM
Deandome

ORIGINAL: breakin2

So what you're saying Dean, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that RCCA is incredibly biased towards Traxxas and hates the Savage with a passion?
Nice of you to try to calm my blood pressure with humor. My wife and doctor thank you!!

One thing you forgot, though, is how they nefariously quash any & all "Readers Rides" submissions from any non-Traxxas vehicle. They even superimpose Traxxas vehicles on other brands, i.e. to create the impression that the Clodhopper is one of theirs.

Gotta admit that Traxxas did a bang-up job on the Mini-T, though!!

Dean
Old 06-18-2004, 08:38 PM
davechappelle

ORIGINAL: vizaracer

traxxas does own a magizine. that must be the one they own. they are biased to only traxxas products and you probably wont find a thing about a savage in there i bet. savage's have great parts availibilty and they are very durable. people are always talking about which one is better and some say savage and some say t-maxx. it just mostly depends on what you like. some people like cars that are tough and some like speed. i like to have a durable truck and not break down alot.
Traxxas does not own a Magazine. However HPI DOES own a magazine, no joke. It is RCDriver, good mag but keep in mind that it is the only mag owned by a manufacture. For example look at RCDrivers coverage of RCX, notice that Revo was no where to be seen. The Traxxas booth was one of the busiest at RCX this year. They covered all large booths except Traxxas.
Old 06-18-2004, 08:39 PM
davechappelle

ORIGINAL: Deandome

ORIGINAL: breakin2

Nice of you to try to calm my blood pressure with humor. My wife and doctor thank you!!

One thing you forgot, though, is how they nefariously quash any & all "Readers Rides" submissions from any non-Traxxas vehicle. They even superimpose Traxxas vehicles on other brands, i.e. to create the impression that the Clodhopper is one of theirs.

Gotta admit that Traxxas did a bang-up job on the Mini-T, though!!

Dean
HUH??
Old 06-18-2004, 08:45 PM
davechappelle

Dude look at these Vids and decide for yourself!
http://www.traxxas.com/ftp/revo_mov/...deo_revo07.htm
http://www.traxxas.com/ftp/revo_mov/...deo_revo12.htm
http://www.traxxas.com/ftp/revo_mov/...deo_revo11.htm
Old 06-18-2004, 09:01 PM
icenutz

What I am I supposed to decide when I look at these videos???

I have decided that Traxxas does a good job in promoting their vehicles. Doesn't mean they are worth it. Do you think they would put out a terrible video for their new truck?How about if they put out a video that shoed the REVO break into 20 pieces when it hits the curb, do you think you would want to buy one then? How may shots did it take for that scene? Could of been 1 or could of been 20 until they got it corrrect with no damage. Their videos must work becouse they got you hooked!

Also, the fact that they own every RC magizine and make biased towards their products. Its a monopoply!!!!!!!! I think Traxxas also owns most major cities in the USA and parts of Japan. Stop them before they own the world!!! Soom you will have to bow down to Traxxas the almighty entity.
Old 06-18-2004, 09:08 PM
fiddybucks

but traxxas does not own nascar yet..............
Old 06-19-2004, 12:52 AM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: icenutz

Do you think they would put out a terrible video for their new truck?
Cen did.
Old 06-19-2004, 07:48 AM
cretin

hee hee. this is a great thread. i don't think traxxas owns rcca completely. they gave the t-maxx a higher score than the mgt in the head to head test, and then called it a tie. then, in the issue the mad force and newest associated buggy were tested, the mad force got a lower durability score than the buggy, even though the truck didn't have any breaks, while the buggy broke a tie rod or something. when they rate a new monster truck, and list the stats for the competition, they always use the savage 21, not the 25 or ss.

nevermind the trinity brushless bashing crap they had a while back. mythbusterz?
Old 06-23-2004, 11:21 PM
mushroom281

dean dean dean if you don't see the favoritism towards traxxas in RCCA then YOU must be the idiot , blind , stupid or whatever , I am not jst talking about the adds but in all the comparisions with the maxx, how can they praise a truck sooo much when it has so many problems out of the box like weak plastic, hard to tune motor, and just plain cheap quality .
it's just like a civic you can spend a $100,000 to make it fast and ricey but it is still a civic

go preach your nonsense to somebody who cares like steve pond on the rc zone

DO YOU WORK FOR RCCA ONLY AN EMPLOYEE FOR THEM WOULD DEFEND THEM THAT MUCH??????

THAT MAGAZINE SUCKS