RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

genesis bugs

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 09:10 PM
cipoint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default genesis bugs

halo.

you all noticed that the genesis isn't free of bugs?! i only wanna know(andrew?) whether the bugs(like spurgear or broken teeth...)
will be fixed on the second shipment because i'm from germany and it would take months to send broken parts in and get new.

also i don'T understand why a guy in netherlands has his truck already but there are no in germany. but ok i can wait a few weeks before i go to cen and kill all [>:]

sorry if the gramatic is bad but you all understand what i want :-)

tschüss
Old 06-30-2004, 09:13 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: genesis bugs

also i don'T understand why a guy in netherlands has his truck already but there are no in germany. but ok i can wait a few weeks before i go to cen and kill all
Don't feel bad. Most people here in America can't even get one. If you have a hard time getting parts for it, then maybe you should think about getting a different truck.
Old 07-01-2004, 06:59 AM
Element

Every truck has bugs so you cant expect not having to order any parts for your new truck
Old 07-01-2004, 08:04 AM
fhm101

ORIGINAL: Element

Every truck has bugs so you cant expect not having to order any parts for your new truck
I'm not so sure about that. I have an out of the box stock T Maxx here that's for my nephew to play with when he visits, and I've only had to replace things that got broken from having too much fun. From day one up to now I have yet to have to replace a defective part. I did have to do a little tweaking and fine tuning, but no bugs here.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:21 AM
Element

ORIGINAL: fhm101

I'm not so sure about that. I have an out of the box stock T Maxx here that's for my nephew to play with when he visits, and I've only had to replace things that got broken from having too much fun. From day one up to now I have yet to have to replace a defective part. I did have to do a little tweaking and fine tuning, but no bugs here.
You right I should have worded that different I should have said down points instead of bugs
Old 07-01-2004, 11:51 AM
ThermalRD

At this point there are too many bugs, to even call them bugs. How about the word "lemon". Seems more appropriate. I dont expect we will see too many videos of this truck running. Simply because not many are actually running.

Matt

Old 07-01-2004, 05:38 PM
Gulliver Foyle

Ouch. That hurt. Mine runs great, just won't go anywhere.
I gotta laugh or I'm gonna cry.
[quote]ORIGINAL: ThermalRD
snip
I dont expect we will see too many videos of this truck running. Simply because not many are actually running.
Old 07-01-2004, 05:42 PM
cipoint

lol
Old 07-27-2004, 05:18 AM
RCnutz

Anyone know if the care ackage is available yet? It's the 27th
Old 07-27-2004, 06:42 AM
binaryterror

I'm with ThermalRD. Bugs are small things in production that are off. 1 or 2 and usually not all at once.

Oh well, I'll give them some credit...they are trying, but the absolute lack of communication is down right scary.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:18 AM
ace@
My Feedback: (9)

RCnutz,
I spoke to andrew yesterday and he said the care packages were going out this week.

all the bugs are a pain in the a@# !
Old 07-27-2004, 09:00 AM
brandonking

OK so what about us who are still wailting to even get their truck!! When is the second shipment going to be shipped? This Week? Right, they said that about last week too. What happened to cen? Is it really that hard to take 20 seconds out of their "busy" day to tell us what is going on and why the h@!! it's taking so long?
Old 07-27-2004, 09:18 AM
radamansx12
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: brandonking

OK so what about us who are still wailting to even get their truck!! When is the second shipment going to be shipped? This Week? Right, they said that about last week too. What happened to cen? Is it really that hard to take 20 seconds out of their "busy" day to tell us what is going on and why the h@!! it's taking so long?
Good qustion, CEN, I know your here, any comment. I think we deserve that much.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:49 AM
ace@
My Feedback: (9)

i didn't ask about the second batch just the care package but if i were waiting for a truck i would not rush them b/c if you get a truck that is not ready you will just get more fustrated. i wish i didn't get the first batch and was still waiting for the truck like you guys maybe it would have ran than b/c it's a pain to keep mailing in parts and waiting for them to come back and they are the same cheese parts. now i'm waiting for the care package!!!!
Old 07-27-2004, 12:57 PM
Hands

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

At this point there are too many bugs, to even call them bugs. How about the word "lemon". Seems more appropriate. I dont expect we will see too many videos of this truck running. Simply because not many are actually running.

Matt

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/LST_...2019753/tm.htm

loL, Any new released truck will have some minor issues From back then T-maxx, savage to now Genesis and even LST & Revo does too (my friend cant get his to shift cuz the optiondrive prevent it from shifting...etc).

You Said it in your own post, motor went south. Others experienced Shoe spring broke, motor die, drive axe...etc. Seems like LST have as much problem as Genesis. HEy maybe LST IS "Lemon" too.
So what Losi replace it, CEN replace all defects too. So if Genesis is consider a lemon then lst is lemon too under equal consideration.
Old 07-27-2004, 01:32 PM
Burna Tire

LST a lemon?

LOL only if you look at the sour faces of the savages,t-maxxes,and revos when they cant keep up with my lst on the local track.only a small margin of lst owners are having a few different issues.

EVERY Genesis is borked right from the factory on more than 1 issue.how many have been to the track?how many laps?how much fun have they had? easy answer...ZERO, ZILTCH, NADA!!! how many have broke,were defective,or how many gen owners are NOT having fun?...ALL of them.

not every truck is as buggy as every other truck out there,some more than others and it shows like black & white...The genesis is a lemon(but personally thats what i expected the first time i saw that truck so i'm not surprised).
Old 07-27-2004, 02:57 PM
Hands

how did you know all genesis are bad? how many owners are actually on here? 3? HOw many do they ship out, probabelly thousands. Look at the LST thread, almost every owners have the same problems as well. Sure, its not "EVERY" owners but close enough

I dont like this whole brand favoring idea. Just cuz its a Losi does not make it perfect. I am not saying LST is bad, i like it personally. I am saying the only ppl that will go on here and post are the ones experience problem cuz the happy owners are outside bashing. I dont see the difference
Old 07-27-2004, 02:57 PM
radamansx12
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: Burna Tire

LST a lemon?

LOL only if you look at the sour faces of the savages,t-maxxes,and revos when they cant keep up with my lst on the local track.only a small margin of lst owners are having a few different issues.

EVERY Genesis is borked right from the factory on more than 1 issue.how many have been to the track?how many laps?how much fun have they had? easy answer...ZERO, ZILTCH, NADA!!! how many have broke,were defective,or how many gen owners are NOT having fun?...ALL of them.

not every truck is as buggy as every other truck out there,some more than others and it shows like black & white...The genesis is a lemon(but personally thats what i expected the first time i saw that truck so i'm not surprised).
If you don't own one, what you are saying is heresay. Bottom line. According to the LST forums about the same number of people are having problems with there vehicles. So as stated above, if the Genesis is a lemon so is the LST. Just because CEN stood up and said hey we messed up but we're going to fix it doesn't mean every truck is broken or will break. Please try to temper your opinion with a little consideration for the owners of the vehicles instead of going around calling each others truck leamons and crap. THERE 1ST GENERATION VEHICLES. THERE'S GOING TO BE ISSUES. Look at the LST, REVO and Genesis forums and you'll see that.
Old 07-27-2004, 03:17 PM
RCnutz

They are first Generation true but everything seems to go wrong with them. I'd understand if it was only the gears that were bad due to improper heat treatment but the reciever is a fruit in quite a few of them, the tranny won't shift in quite a few of them (I'd say all of them), the throttle/brake servo is all plastic gears not the high torque promissed, the engine seems to go bad after 1 and a half gallons, either leaks or something breaks.
I don't understand why we have to swallow the junk and act all happy for nothing? It's a lemon and thats it! Lets admit it! When I buy a new car I pay the hard earned money for a vehicle thats reliable and not for how relaiable it could be if I take it to a mechanic and have it fixed for about a month.
I don't give a rats behind about The Revo, Lst or any other truck that had problems!! I care about what I am having problems with when I shouldn't have had any problems at all!
Why bring the Lst and Revo into it? They have nothing to do with the Genesis.

In my opinion if out of the box only the 1 part is bad than thats called a 1st Generation defect but when 10 parts are bad that qualifies as a lemon. No need to beat around the bush and come up with excuses like `Others are doing worse than we are, therefore we are doing good`
Now I have no problem waitting on the parts but lets give it the credit for what it is at this point: a 530 dollar lemon!
I will be the first to say it's a great truck once it's proven to be because until then the potential of being a great truck doesn't count as a great truck.
Old 07-27-2004, 03:52 PM
Hands

RCNuts: I agree with you completely.

I personally just dont like some ppl that said this truck is crap when they never own one. Not to mention calling genesis a lemon but in another thread, LST did the same thing but its ok. Does not make any sense. Thats just straight out too much brand favoring.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:59 PM
brandonking

CAN SOMEONE CALL CEN AND ASK THEM WHAT THE .... IS GOING ON WITH THE SECOND BATCH. I would like to know what is going on with my truck. Every time I try to PM them, call them, or get a hold of them, they don't respond. And I know it's not just me, otherwise I would know why my truck isn't shipped yet. Quick question for anyone who would know.... Is Cen opening up every box, ripping the trucks apart one by one by some idiot, fixing them, wrapping them back up in the box with some scotch tape, and then shipping them out to us???? Or did the trucks come from the manufacturer fixed and are sitting at cen??? I could understand why the trucks are taking so long if they have the 1 person that cen has doing anything at all trying to fix the trucks by himself. But if they came from TAIWAN already fixed then what is taking so long???
Old 07-27-2004, 08:25 PM
bustergonad

Brandon,
Did you e-mail CEN with your pre-order info??
I talked with my vendor yesterday and he said CEN had e-mailed him saying the trucks for the people who had sent in pre-order info were ready to go.
Try calling your LHS/vendor and ask them if they have heard from CEN

Buster
Old 07-27-2004, 08:43 PM
RCnutz

Can't wait for the second batch reviews Buster will you post your review?
Old 07-27-2004, 09:08 PM
bustergonad

You Betcha!!

After waiting for, what will probably be, 6 months for my genesis I will be giving the truck a full inspection and workout. I work on a golf course so I will have 207 acres to bash on and a decent parking lot to speed run on. Ahh the joys of being the boss

Buster
Old 07-28-2004, 12:31 AM
brandonking

Buster, yes I did definetely email them my info. I was probably one of the first to do it. I have talked to my vendor and they haven't heard anything. You say ready to go, what does that mean? If that means ready to ship out then why aren't they already shipped??? Anyone got any idea how to contact the better business bureau? I am really sick of CEN's so called customer service and I beleive I deserve some sort of input on what's going on with my paid in full for 6 months 520 dollar truck that is non existant to me!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.