RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

New LST discusion thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 09:49 PM
breakin2
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New LST discusion thread

Since the other one was locked (and to be honest, I'm not sure why - the comment that supposedly pushed things over the edge didn't seem bad in any way), I'll start a new LST discussion thread.

I hope it comes out soon because I'm about to take my money and go elsewhere. I don't like the constant delays because it gives the impression of a company that doesn't have its crap together.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:06 PM
bkmademedoit

Default RE: New LST discusion thread

i'll never in my life be able to afford an lst but i'm quite anxious to see how they turn out.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:36 PM
twisted

600 is a great deal seeing how you get a fm race inspired radio and a good .26 engine.thats alone will cost almost 400
Old 07-06-2004, 10:42 PM
brandonking

good point twisted, never really thought of that way.
Old 07-06-2004, 11:23 PM
bkmademedoit

i know it's a great deal, there's just no way i'll ever be able to afford an extra 600 for a toy
Old 07-07-2004, 12:38 AM
fantomas
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: bkmademedoit

i know it's a great deal, there's just no way i'll ever be able to afford an extra 600 for a toy
i prefer hobby!
Old 07-07-2004, 06:03 AM
breakin2

As has been mentioned, the radio and engine make it a pretty good deal. If you were to buy a Revo and then get a sythesized radio, you'd spend at least $50 more than the LST costs.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:08 AM
slodsm

ORIGINAL: breakin2

Since the other one was locked (and to be honest, I'm not sure why - the comment that supposedly pushed things over the edge didn't seem bad in any way), I'll start a new LST discussion thread.

Honestly it does not matter, it was locked after many clean up attempts by the mods. Keep this one on topic and it will be open forever. When the statement is made that the thread has to stay on topic, then just keep it on topic.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:59 AM
Deandome

While I agree that the JR synth radio makes this a GREAT deal, I think that Losi/Horizon will HAVE to offer it without a radio sometime soon, probably as a kit, hopefully with a lot of std. hopups.

There are just too many of us (well, not me!) that HAVE good radios, lots of them being the JR XS-3s!!! And 'm sure just removing the radio would only mean about $100-150 savings, so Losi would/could sweeten the pot & keep their margin by subbing lotsa hopups & selling a KIT for about $500-550.

Dean
Old 07-07-2004, 11:38 AM
joules

Just Ebay the extra radio...
J~
Old 07-07-2004, 12:01 PM
Deandome

ORIGINAL: joules

Just Ebay the extra radio...
J~
That's not gonna work as well as it sounds!!!

You'll be lucky to get $75-100 for the radio, as they'll be FLOODING the market when the LST comes out....and most sellers will be KEEPING the reciever & servos, forcing buyers to go out & buy new Rxs at about $100 a pop.

I for one would never buy a radio SET (even unused!!) for more than 1/2 the price of a new factory/retailer-backed one (i.e., $115 in the case of this radio...WITH Rx & servos!!). Too many things can go wrong with electronics, and without a warranty, that could be a big problem!!

So you can't rationilize this as "gee, I pay $600 for the whole shebang, and the radio sells for $230, so the truck is only $370".....

You hafta consider the radio as being worth about $100, LESS if you keep the Rx/servos....so now the question is "IS THE LST A GOOD $500 TRUCK ??"!!!!

I THINK it is, but it's gonna be a tough call vs. the Revo!!
Old 07-07-2004, 03:58 PM
joules

Shhh.... I know, I plan on picking up a JR radio for my Revo in a few weeks.

If you want to keep the RX and servos why complain? Most JR radios are selling for 180ish on Ebay now for the set. It doesn't matter what you would pay, it matter what others would pay you. Wait a month or so and most of those JR radios will move through and you can sell yours. If you want to keep the servos and RX for another car then clip your 75 bones for the transmitter and be happy. You just saved the 150ish dollars, by your own admission, by not having to go out and buy the stuff for another car. (100 for the RX and 25 or so per servo). You get 225 in value if you keep rx and servos and sell transmitter vis a vis you get 180 cash if you sell the whole set. I don't see what you are complaining about?