Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Most "fun" monster truck to drive/work on

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum
View Poll Results: A poll
HPI Savage 25
15.38%
HPI Savage SS
15.38%
Traxxas T-Maxx
23.08%
Traxxas Revo
19.23%
Team Associated Monster GT
11.54%
Team Losi LST (a bit above what I want to spend)
15.38%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Most "fun" monster truck to drive/work on

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 08:28 PM
creyc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most "fun" monster truck to drive/work on

Im looking to buy a new nitro monster truck to drive with my brothers Savage 25. I won't be racing so top speed isn't at the top of my list. I will be doing a fair deal of bashing so durability is important to me and after the initial truck investment I don't want to have to sink to much into it for replacements to keep it running.

Reverse is nice, a big engine is cool, a fun truck is what I'm after. If it comes as a kit instead of a RTR that would also be a plus, as I have a radio already and building is fun.

Thanks!
Old 07-07-2004, 11:38 PM
Mopzilla

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Looking for the truck with the greatest "fun factor"

Racing and top speed are not in the same category. Top speed is a bashing thing. Acceleration/handling is a racing thing.

LOL, I KNEW somebody else likes building! Check out the Mad Force, it is fast, has a super durable solid axle suspension, three speeds, and a big-block .21 engine (like most monsters anyway).
Old 07-08-2004, 01:09 AM
creyc

Ah, i included that comment cause I kinda of like the MGT Didn't want it to be discluded because it's relatively low speed of 32-34 because frankly that doesn't bother me.

I've always worked on the cars, my neighbors 4-tec went in a sewer which was my first real project besides tuning and stuff, getting that back to life. Then came a duratrax maximum MT which needed custom parts made out of aluminum, lots of dremeling there. I plan to eBay it to get money for my monster truck. I do all the maintenance/tuning for a HPI MT2 and a Savage 25 now, it's great fun but the Savage can be a pain to wrench on.

At the same time, i've driven RC cars and trucks on maybe 7 separate occasions. Prolly 10 minutes total driving experience, and all for tuning the engines so even though I can fix it if it breaks, I'm a novice when it comes to driving. So I need a good beginner truck, I'll be crashing a bit

(10 minutes in 4 years, hmm that's kinda low i think)
Old 07-08-2004, 10:31 AM
Sweetshoes90210

Well. The CEN Funfactor MT-2 is an insane truck and it has the FUNFACTOR in its name
Old 07-08-2004, 02:52 PM
bamaracer0

Default RE: Most "fun" monster truck to drive/work on

the Savage is reported to be very durable, and comes in a kit(SS) with a HPI .25 engine.
Old 07-08-2004, 03:12 PM
cousingrandpa

The savages are insanely durable, I have 2 & have a hard time breaking anything. I also have a ofna monster pirate & it's a blast to drive.
Old 07-08-2004, 03:47 PM
mecky33

I know its not on your list, but you did ask for suggestions of trucks that are not incredibly expensive to repair. I would recommend the Cen Fun Factor MT2. Its very easy to work on, and parts are very cheap for it compared to bigger trucks. It is very durable and a great beginner rig. Its 300 dollar price tag new is also a big selling point. It comes stock with a .16 but you can buy a Cen NX-18 Piston and sleeve for the .16 block. the two blocks are the same size, so upgrading will cost you all of thirty bucks, forty if you want a new NX-18 con rod as well. Ultimately it will be your choice, make sure you take in to account the cost of the truck as well as the cost of replacement parts when you make your decision. Good luck and have fun.