Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Pre Break-in/Tuned. Awsome for Noobs

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Pre Break-in/Tuned. Awsome for Noobs

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 04:04 PM
Sweetshoes90210

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pre Break-in/Tuned. Awsome for Noobs

Wouldnt it be awsome if the MT's came broken-in/pre-tuned and all you would have to do is add batteries,fuel,let it rip and make small tune changes when it goes a bit out of wack? This would be awsome for new comers or just guys who want to litterealy start the truck and run it when you take it out of the box?

You might think that not all tunes work right in cirten climates. Well The companies could lable the boxes for what climate it is tuned for and have them tune them for every climate.

This would be an great thing to do to really take RTR to the next levle.

I am going to email some of the major companies about this. If you think it is a good idea please do the same.
Old 07-15-2004, 04:17 PM
ThermalRD

Default RE: Pre Break-in/Tuned. Awsome for Noobs

Come on man, now thats really taking away from the fun. Break-in and tuning is part of the hobby, and seeing the truck rip thru the field, or street, or at the track, is the payoff. Jesus, why dont you just be like the sponsor a child on television. You could send monthly payments, and i'll tell you how the truck is doing. I'll even send you pics.

Matt
Old 07-15-2004, 04:34 PM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

I dunno, Thermal, I think a pre-broken in engine is a great idea for RTRs!!

When I broke in my 2.5, I was clueless, didn't have a temp meter or know 'bout any water test, and I think I got it too hot several times, probably resulting in the 3 gallon life I got outta it.

And you could say the same things you did about RTRs in general!!! Some people just want to open the box & then go bashing. Running 5-10 tanks w/very percise instructions/limitations is not all that fun, nor is it easy. Of course, when you need to replace/rebuild it, you will know your ass from a hole in the ground, probby have a temp gun, and have the ability to do this properly.

I think if a mfg offered this, it would help them sell more trucks to newbies!!

Dean
Old 07-15-2004, 04:43 PM
Savage_Dias

If I ran a hobby shop I would do it for customers if they wanted it. I'd tack on about $20 to the total price to cover fuel & time. That's actually kinda cheap concidering you can't walk away from all engines while they're idling & someone will have to drive it for several tanks.
Old 07-15-2004, 04:54 PM
bkmademedoit

whats so hard about starting from factory specs and fine tuning it from there?
Old 07-15-2004, 05:14 PM
methane

i would prefer to have a kit instead of a rtr and along with that, i also prefer breaking in the engine myself. but an rtr should probably have a pre broken in engine so it really is ready to run,

personally i like the "sponsor a truck" idea
Old 07-15-2004, 06:19 PM
Sweetshoes90210

I don't understand the "sponsor a truck" idea. Please tell me what you mean.

Ok. When Most companies say that there product is 99% RTR just add batteries, well it is a lie. Breaking-in a truck and tuning it is a big deal to new comers and some veterans. I mean why not break-in the engines tune them and for gods sake GIVE US SOME BATTERIES! How hard is that? It is not hard at all especially if you are a pro, in a company who makes trucks,and has all the equipment to tune it and break it in properly. This would be a big help. The only set back is that if you are a learning machine like me and still want most of it to be RTR then this would not be for you. On the other hand it would be much better if companies could have both non broken-in and broken-in available along with kits.
Old 07-15-2004, 06:46 PM
TiggerDH

I don't know about the tuned part - but I like the idea of RTRs being pre-broken in. The engines in a lot of full size cars are run in some before installation, it's part quality control, and in part to de-stress the assemblies before installation int the car. Who knows, you just might be on to something there.

Land it shiny side up!
Tig
Old 07-15-2004, 07:59 PM
methane

ORIGINAL: Sweetshoes90210

I don't understand the "sponsor a truck" idea. Please tell me what you mean.
<snip>
see thermalrd's post above
Old 07-15-2004, 08:02 PM
slodsm

And if people did do this, for one, all the clueless noobs who have no idea what a needle is for, would be even more clue less. They didn't have to do anything so when it did break, even if the glow plug burnt out, it would be like the end of the world. You think we get some repetitive and basically stupid questions here now because people don't read the manual, what do you think would happen then? Next, the cost of every truck would go up because of the extra hour spent breaking the motor in and trying to get it tuned properly only to have the tune tottaly off when it arrives at whatever destination.

Frankly, if setting up a truck is that hard for you, especially an RTR which is a joke anyway, then you need a new hobby. Like maybe stamp collecting. RC used to be about hands on people who were usually broken down body wise due to racing motor cross and the like and needed something new to do that was not as physically demanding. Now that it is a fad, not only do all the trucks come prebuilt, you guys are even complaining about that. Jesus I take a huge amount of pride in building all of my cars from the ground up.

By the way, this is my soap box, I am on it preaching to you about whining, if you feel like reporting me to other moderators because I hurt your feelings, have at it!
Old 07-15-2004, 08:26 PM
Sweetshoes90210

First off. Who said I had a hard time tuning trucks? Read the Subject of the post . I didn't say anything about me in my posts. Notice How I said
Sweetshoes90210:

I don't understand the "sponsor a truck"idea. Please tell me what you mean.

Ok. When Most companies say that there product is 99% RTR just add batteries, well it is a lie. Breaking-in a truck and tuning it is a big deal to new comers and some veterans. I mean why not break-in the engines tune them and for gods sake GIVE US SOME BATTERIES! How hard is that? It is not hard at all especially if you are a pro, in a company who makes trucks,and has all the equipment to tune it and break it in properly. This would be a big help. The only set back is that if you are a learning machine like me and still want most of it to be RTR then this would not be for you. On the other hand it would be much better if companies could have both non broken-in and broken-in available along with kits.
Yea buddy. You need to learn to read. This would be for people who don't want to fuss or buss with this, maybe someone who buys who receives it as a gift and has no experience with nitro rc at all.

And honestly. I do not understand why you got so bent outa shape over this. Just calm down man. I dont want anyone getting mad. We have enough problems in this world already...
You really should not have posted in here if you are going show that much negativity. Go bark up someone else's tree will ya.
Old 07-15-2004, 08:37 PM
slodsm

You should consider watching your attitude. Things like that are not appreciated here. I was not speaking directly to you, I was speaking as a whole. The fun of this hobby is the maintaining and the knowledge of being able to fix your own toy. If you can't do that, find another hobby,

This is all generally speaking, if it applies to you, then so be it, if not, don't try to threaten me!

God some of you guys are overly touchy.
Old 07-15-2004, 08:45 PM
Sweetshoes90210

What threat was that buddy?

And how do I have the attitude?
Old 07-15-2004, 08:48 PM
elway358

Good lord! I just remembered why this forum took a dive right to the bottom of my most frequented!
Old 07-15-2004, 08:50 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

Do you positively KNOW what each of these parts do?

ECU
Turbocharger
Intercooler
Dry/wet sump
Solenoid
Master cylinder
EGR
Catalytic convertor
Oxygen sensor
MAF sensor

If you do.. it tells me that know cars to a basic extent. IF you dont.. well dont you hate it?? I do..
People areso lazy now a days.. they just want things to work.. if you change ANYTHING.. theyre not comfortable.. its so pathetic.

I dont want the same thing to happen to RC cars.. People are lazy.. if RTR/Kit option is offered.. 80% will but the RTR.. on a good day.

But unfortunately business is all about money.. not ANYTHING else .
ram

-edited for horrible english...
Old 07-15-2004, 08:54 PM
Sweetshoes90210

I know what they all are and do except for a ERG. What is it? I have heard that term before
Old 07-15-2004, 09:03 PM
gofaster72

It is an "exhaust gas recirculation" valve, used as an emission control device on some cars.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:05 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Sweetshoes90210

What threat was that buddy?

And how do I have the attitude?
If you wish to believe SLODSM was speaking to you when giving his opinion in generalities, I believe your attitude shown brightly through with this statement:

Read the Subject of the post you <edited expletive>
Let me say this one more time:

Let's keep this clean. This means no name calling PERIOD. If you don't like what somebody wrote, rebut using facts and NOT INSULTS. Also, please don't restate your opion over and over and over and over again in an attempt to beat others into submission. This isn't about winning and losing, but SHARING information so other users can make their own informed decision.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:30 PM
Sweetshoes90210

lol ok. My bad. Forgot about that [:@].

But really. He didnt have to come at use like that.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:35 PM
normanski

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hello people,

This is all about choice, isn't it? The RTR has probably been a great invention to get people starting in this wonderful hobby. Well, we all have to start somewhere, right? And that includes all the experts here.

I have to agree with Sweetshoes90210 that a pre-break-in engine would be awsome for Noobs.....Not for experts like most of you guys here of course.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:39 PM
Sweetshoes90210

Exactly. Did I not mention that it would not be for more experienced users unless they are in a hurry or did I fail to mention that? I believe I did (I didn't check, so I am not positive)

And because of that fact that I said that, there should be no flame wars.. But no, someone finds a way
Old 07-15-2004, 09:48 PM
normanski

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

However, I would imagine a factory pre-break-in engine probably won't last. Instead of breaking it in by running the engine with expensive fuel, the manufacturer will just machine the piston to be less tight.

I think it is better for LHS to offer to break-in engines for beginners. In fact, Hobby shops in Hong Kong do offer such service, and you will never believe where they do it...........Right by a busy road side. It is like running Nitro in the middle of Manhatton.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:53 PM
Sweetshoes90210

I know what he said. But I dont know what "Sponsor a child" is

What would information and pictures of a truck get you? Cant you get that on the manufactures site? lol. Not to mention pay money..?
Old 07-15-2004, 09:58 PM
creyc

Wait now is this a hobby or just an evolution of the Toys R' US Tyco rc cars?

I'm getting confused
Old 07-15-2004, 09:58 PM
Sweetshoes90210

wow guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.