Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

LST vs. REVO At the Track!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 12:41 PM
c666187

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LST vs. REVO At the Track!

At my local racetrack there were 2 REVOS and 1 LST duking it out last night. Both of the REVO owners were complaining about the "soft suspension" on their trucks. We only managed to make it thru 2 qualifiers before the rain hit. I must say that I was impressed with the REVO'S suspension travel, but it could not handle the LST's power. The LST beat the REVOS in both Qualifiers significantly. Now they were all stock, and the driving may have been suspect on at least 1 of the REVO's, but the LST just had a ton more sheer power. I think that the REVO's are probably going to tear up the .18 and under competition, but cannot handle the big blocks. (What do you expect with the Displacement difference?) Anyways, just thought i would post some race results.
Old 07-17-2004, 12:52 PM
creyc

Default RE: LST vs. REVO At the Track!

Very cool. Glad to hear they are out driving them. I think traxxas needs to offer a big block model, a .15 sized engine just doesn't cut it in the monster truck world anymore. I'm sure most hardcore racers drop in a mid block as soon as possible but it would be nice to see it come with more power stock.
Old 07-17-2004, 12:52 PM
biker dude 666

thats awesome dude i would have love to see that!which truck was better in the corners?
Old 07-17-2004, 04:38 PM
Crazy_Coconuts

how did the 'older' trucks do in comparison?
Old 07-17-2004, 04:44 PM
HondaCRX

ORIGINAL: creyc

Very cool. Glad to hear they are out driving them. I think traxxas needs to offer a big block model, a .15 sized engine just doesn't cut it in the monster truck world anymore. I'm sure most hardcore racers drop in a mid block as soon as possible but it would be nice to see it come with more power stock.
The TRX 3.0/3.5

Anyway, the owners of the revos should adjust their suspension. The LST sounds really nice.
Old 07-17-2004, 05:10 PM
methane

many of us figured the lst would be faster due to the mighty .26 so i'm glad to see we were right on that

i'm curious about how each handled jumps and cornering compared to each other
Old 07-17-2004, 05:19 PM
c666187

The LST and one of the revos had stock tires/wheels. The other Revo had proline bow ties 40 series. Honestly they both cornered and jumped very well. And the older 1/8 truggys and MTs were competitive, they just didnt seem as natural around the track. I cannot wait until I get my LST!! -c666187