Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

LST @ THE TRACK!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-17-2004, 07:06 PM
tripplefatty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LST @ THE TRACK!!!!!!!!!!

Well i went to the race track on thursday to race my LST..when we got there they were not going to run ..do to the weather..but me & twisted pushed them to race & race we did!!.After they broomed off the track it was show time.The little electrics went out first & the monster truck heat was next.I waited three long months for this day & here it was..I WAS PUMED!!!.First heat sucked...i think i hit evereything on the track & a few things that were not on the track(the truck is very wide..took a little time to get it down).Finished 6th..i was bummed out...In the heat i noticed that my second speed was coming in late & i took out to much brake. After ajusting these to problems..it was time for the big trucks to get out on the track.After the first heat i new what i needed to do to get the truck around the track better..STAY OFF THE PIPE!!!...no not that pipe.Well off i went to try & get a better finish in this heat.I talked alot of smack & it was time to back it up.The truck worked awesome..i was flying around the track & took down the TQ witch twisted set in the first round.OK now i took the TQ now i have to win the show..(this is what i was saying i was going to do).The main was only 10min long..with one pit stop..i didnt have to pit with the run time of these LST But i did because every one else did..pluss i think its faster to go threw pit lane.Well back to the race..... i was smoking the field.Twisted had some problems ..about five laps in to the main..& was close.But when he went into the pits to get started again..I turned it on..I put 2 laps on second place & ran the most laps in the a main every..(18)..the 1/8th scale are going 19 laps..I was very happy with the losi LST & never broke a thing..alot of other ppl trucks did.There were all the top trucks there to ..2 to 3 MGT'S... 1 TNX (twisted's) 2 or 3 storm SUT"S..a few savage's with the mach .26 in them..a couple t maxx's..& in a few weeks there will be a REVO up there to pass as well....LOSI THIS TRUCK IS AWESOME........GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!..& i raced it all stock but the tires..i ran bowties 40'S..KILLER TRUCK!!!!
& sorry about (sp)
Old 07-17-2004, 07:49 PM
Q8 RC

Default RE: LST @ THE TRACK!!!!!!!!!!

awsome man it looks like a cool race and was it fast [&:] how was the handeling thanx

Bader

KUWAIT

DO YOU HAVE ANY PICS [&:]
Old 07-17-2004, 07:53 PM
ThermalRD

Ya man, throw some pics up. And dont even think about letting any Revo beat you in the upcoming races. You gotta set the proper order man. Good job though. I have mostly been running my LST at the track too. Its wicked! I cant wait to see the hop up parts for this truck.

Matt
Old 07-17-2004, 08:28 PM
NYCrewF150

HEY Tripple, you had that truck trackin on Thurs night. I can attest, the LST was really the class of the field. Of course Tripple is no slouch at the controls but there were some very capable cars/drivers there on Thurs night. I got a feeling that Tripple will be there on a regular basis on Thurs nights. I was the one that was watching and trying to learn from you guys on Thurs night.

I made a roll bar for my LST Tripple. Made it out of 1/8" thick x 1/4" wide aluminum stock. Used a torch to heat and bend the aluminum and mounted on the underside of the frame. It appears that it is strong, light, and functional. I'm not sure that you may be interested in such a mod.

See you guys next Thurs maybe.
Old 07-18-2004, 12:18 AM
tripplefatty

Ya.. bring it up this thursday i would like to see it..as for a reva beating me i dont see it !!!..I dont have any picks of the truck at the track ..but i do have a few..I will some next week & post them..Im also going to hook up with a buddy of mine & see if in low range if i can pull his .40 thumper...should be very interesting
Old 07-18-2004, 12:53 AM
twisted

ya tripple did beat me, but not do to driving but more to the fact i had a very bad night.broke 6 times and the engine blew too.i flammed out in the main about 5 laps in,got it started up after tripple went around 3 more laps.i was dead last but managed to get back up to 3rd. the tnx will be a contender with the lst, i know it will! lol.tripple can run a fast line so i give credit do where credit is deserved .good race. i get my truck back up to par i will show the real fast line around the track.

again grerat job!
Old 07-18-2004, 06:58 AM
NYCrewF150

Tripple, I see posts that mention adjusting the slipper on the LST. I think you adjusted your slipper at the race on Thursday night right??? What setting are you using for your slipper, two turns out from the bottom??? Also, is the tension on the spring on the outside/initial nut of the gear assembly critical, if so, how do you know how much tension to put on that spring/nut? Bye the way...my truck appears to be #90 from the number placed on the side of the reciver box. With regard to my roll bar, I'll try to bring it to the race on Thurs night but I may have a schedueling problem with my son's allstar little league game. But, I'll make every effort to come to the race even if I'm a bit late. I'll bring my truck with the roll bar attached. Thanks for the info, any help for this newby is appreciated greatly.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:30 AM
creyc

2 full turns out sounds awfully light. The manual suggests only 1 turn and everyone here so far has said 1/2-3/4 is plenty fine.
Old 07-18-2004, 09:42 AM
tripplefatty

Im running about 3/4 of a turn out on the slipper & around 4 turns out on the second gear(the 40s are about 2" shorter then the stock tires).I am still a little fat on the low end ...so as i tune the low end in..... i may have to reset the slipper.The ajustment of the slipper will be a little different from truck to truck..every one will tune there motors different.If you bring it up on thursday..I will take a look at & see
twisted.... i hope you get your truck together.It looked like you had some thing for me in the main.But that was my first time out on the new track with the LST..now that i have some track time & some idea how to tool the beast around the track...it will be interesting.The only thing i didnt do at the track that i said i was going to do was beat your fastest lap by 2 second's
Not taking any thing from you ...i no you can run fast.....you were the man untill i showed up..LOL!!!!
all j/k aside twisted should have some thing for me next thursday...& yes i said should
Old 07-18-2004, 02:08 PM
twisted

bring it! lol..hopefully i can get all the bugs i had last week worked out. working on some secrete mods so i knw ill be fast.(i always am)lol.