Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Savage Items Required?

Old 07-23-2004, 12:51 AM
Mako3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage Items Required?

I am about to buy a Savage .25 and I was wondering what I would need to buy for it to run. Such as what kind of fuel (%) what kind of tunning wrenchs or drivers, what type of glow plugs and starter, and anything else besides a reverse module and fail safe. Also I was wondering what a starter box is for I was checking out Team Losi's starter boxes and are they suppose to automatically tune the Car/Truck for you?

Thanks Mako3
Old 07-23-2004, 01:02 AM
MUDSHED

Default RE: Savage Items Required?

Cant go wrong with 20%. As for starter box Im assuming that your taking about the ROTO START unit. Not the start boxs for buggies or onroad cars right? Dont think the Losi spin starter will work with that engine. Has a different shaft than the HPI Roto start unit. If you get the RTR savage, it will come with the ROTO START for the engine. The roto start has a shaft that is inserted in the backplate of the engine. Cranks up the motor while you heat up your glow plug with your ignitor. No need for pullstart mechanisms. And as for tuning. "YOU" the racer has to tune the engine. Not the starter. Hope this helps.
Old 07-23-2004, 01:10 AM
Mako3

Default RE: Savage Items Required?

Well, I already know how the Roto-Start works and I know its included, I was talking about the boxes. I was wondering what type of tuning tools I need? Thanks for the help!