Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Lst or revo ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 05:51 PM
cdwhocd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lst or revo ???

well revo i know supposed to be a real good racer .. and fro mthe video i seen the dudes hitting the speed bump full speed got about 15 minites and not breaking nethign till it bounced upa and hit his truck i know its very durable ...... but i saw a lst today at the hobby shop and i was very impresed.. i like it alot but i dont know if it can stand up to any damage im not flying it off no big ramps or nothing just dont want somethign to break every 2 minutes .... im wanting to put one on law a way .... pro cons on both please wich one should i get ?? neone got some vids of a lst????
Old 07-24-2004, 06:17 PM
bamaracer0

Default RE: Lst or revo ???

I knew it, it had to happen.

I'll tell you straight up...your not ognna get a real good answer, because there are some revo freaks(me ) and theres some LST freaks.
I'm gonna tell you revo because I fell in love with mine, they'll prolly tell you close to the same.
Old 07-24-2004, 06:39 PM
cdwhocd

im just gonna be playing around no hard racing or jumping or nothing
Old 07-24-2004, 06:46 PM
Mako3

Well, I think you should go with the LST mostly because Traxxas has had a bad history like the T-MAXX always breaking apart, which 50% of it is User Error. But I really havn't heard much about the LST but an employee at my LHS has one and I have seen it on the track and it is one amazing MT. I say this just because Team Losi's history has been pretty good alot of the owners have been happy. The Revo has a whole new thing going on so you might want to give it a shot but, I would talk to some owners first since after all it is Traxxas. Thats the reason why I went Savage 25 because HPI has had a good history along with Team Losi. I have talked to alot of the owners on here and at my LHS, and they are proud of there Savages and are very happy. Its all up to you if you break the LST there arn't that many parts at the HS's unlike the Revo atleast all RC HS's have tons of Traxxas parts for ya! No truck is perfect no matter what you will buy you will have to fix it unless you are very lucky! But it is nice to know that the RC you buy ia durible and will save you some $ by lasting.

Mako3
Old 07-24-2004, 06:54 PM
bamaracer0

heh, the revo is impentenatrable(sp?) did you not see that vid by rcreality? Only thing that broke was a rod end, everything else was ball pivots that could be snapped back in. The revo is a VERY durable truck, ive flipped mine about 10-20 times already and ran into about 6 or 7 trees, NOTHING. I'm not saying the LST isnt, I'm saying i tihkn your an idiot for stereotyping the revo just because traxxas makes it.
Old 07-24-2004, 07:03 PM
cdwhocd

but pretty much they are the qual right what i mean is like t maxx and savage some prefer savage some t amaxx? i like t maxx but hard t otune ... and im guessing revo will also be real hard to tune... are engines produced by losi good or is the engine even made by losi ?
Old 07-24-2004, 07:04 PM
Mako3

Hey Bam,
No hard feelings kid, but I did mention I don't know much about I'm trying to help him out since its mad by traxxas and they have a new thing going on with it completly new, and I did mention for him to talk to some owners so he'll know. Alright, I have read your post and seen pics of your Revo and I have come close on buying on but I didn't get to hear much about them. No, I havn't seen the video sounds cool if thats all that broke, I got to see it. By the way I did say 50% is User Error. So don't get your feelings hurt when you get older you will maybe become and better reader and know what people are saying!

Mako3
Old 07-24-2004, 07:06 PM
bamaracer0

I read that, but i still think saying just because its traxxas its prone to breakage user error or not isn't right.
Old 07-24-2004, 07:10 PM
cdwhocd

mako watch the video ther hit open it all the way up over speed bumps for about 12 minute or somethign hit a light pole in air and lose body clips and thats it then finaly it went upder his truck hit the curb and bounced up.. thats what im saying i know its real strong because of that but i still don know bwout the lst i just knwo when i saw the lst at th lhs it looks better than revo to me ... can i get a link to ur revo pics or u post them here please?? have u had ne probs with it?
Old 07-24-2004, 07:55 PM
CapeCodChris

If you are going to race I would buy a Revo. If you are looking for something to mess around with in the yard and the street I would buy a LST. The LST has much larger tires and will go through high grass much better. The Revo is more setup for racing with the lower center of gravity and light weight. I haven't had my LST on the track yet, but I am pretty sure that the .21 powered truggies would eat the LST for lunch.

Chris
Old 07-24-2004, 09:12 PM
bamaracer0

I've heard the LST is a pretty good racer. Just stating what I've heard.

Are you talking to me, cdwhocd? Check out the topic *PICS*THE REVO IS MINE*PICS*
Old 07-24-2004, 09:17 PM
cdwhocd

o ok ya i seen that post looks nice
Old 07-24-2004, 10:27 PM
MUDSHED

It sounds like your are just going go bashing around with a monster truck right? If you are not racing or going jumping and your heart is not truly set on just getting the Revo or the LST, than I would say the perfect MT that you are looking for is the RTR HPI Savage. Why spend $600 for the LST if you are not going to use the trucks full racing potential? And same with the $450+ Revo? These trucks are still in the first month of real world customer usage phase. Go with an already track tested and proven truck that most Savage owners can tell you that it is one of the most durable trucks out there. And also has parts available mostly anywhere. And if you are looking to save money, buy a used one. Looks like your are willing to dish out the cash for a brand new truck and not use it to its full potential. Just my opinion on saving you some money thats all. But if I had to choose out of the two, I would go with an LST. Especially if you decide go racing and go jumping in the future. It is a race ready truck. Dont have to buy crystal sets for your radio either!

ORIGINAL: cdwhocd

im just gonna be playing around no hard racing or jumping or nothing
Old 07-24-2004, 11:06 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can say that my LST is WAY more durable than my Tmaxx was out of the box. In fact my LST rivals the durability of my Tmaxx now that has over $1000 in it. I've seen the Revo video where they run over a speed bump. Woop-dee-doo, a speed bump. It wasn't even big enough to get air off of at full speed. That isn't much of a durability test. The time's that they did actually crash it, it broke.

I'm not saying that the Revo isn't durable, as I don't have one. But I've yet to see a video that proves that it is. It's an impressive truck and looks like fun to drive, but I DO have a LST and I CAN tell you that the durability has been amazing to date. I've beat the living piss out of it, trying to break it, and only broke an a-arm ($10 for 4) and an aluminum chassis brace (JB Weld) and a turnbuckle. It's taken a beating ten times that of the revo vid and has over a gallon through it.
Old 07-24-2004, 11:14 PM
Sweetshoes90210

SCREW ASKING US! Go to your local track hang around there ever so often and ask people with a revo and LST if you can try it out. Bring a pen and paper and put down what you like and dont like about the truck and compair.

That is what people really need to do. They need to see for them selfs. These random opinions are no good.

I got my truck after trying out the T-Maxx, Savage .25, Mad Force, CEN FF MT-2. And out of all of them I fell in love with the MT-2.
Old 07-24-2004, 11:17 PM
califax

Heres the thing about durability, it depends what hop-ups you use. Alluminum or plastic? I use plastic RPM components like my A-arms and such. I love my T-maxx and I love my LST, but to be honest with you I love the massiveness of my LST for serious off-roading and sweet air. My T-maxx I use to race around at my local track and it does awsome depending on how much I've been practicing that day. The driver makes the vehicle do what its intended to do best and I have my days, but I never have a bad day with my LST.
Old 07-24-2004, 11:24 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Sweetshoes90210

SCREW ASKING US! Go to your local track hang around there ever so often and ask people with a revo and LST if you can try it out. Bring a pen and paper and put down what you like and dont like about the truck and compair.

That is what people really need to do. They need to see for them selfs. These random opinions are no good.

I got my truck after trying out the T-Maxx, Savage .25, Mad Force, CEN FF MT-2. And out of all of them I fell in love with the MT-2.

Tony, you are wise beyond your years.
Old 07-24-2004, 11:35 PM
MUDSHED

hey you guys, this might be a person that does not live near a running race track or a kid who does not have the options to go drive to one.

(Sorry cdwhocd if you are actually 45 years old with 4 cars in the garage and a professional 9 time world racing champion). Not trying to start S#!T here.
ORIGINAL: jefx

ORIGINAL: Sweetshoes90210

Tony, you are wise beyond your years.
Old 07-24-2004, 11:35 PM
speed lives
My Feedback: (1)

heh, the revo is impentenatrable(sp?) did you not see that vid by rcreality? Only thing that broke was a rod end, everything else was ball pivots that could be snapped back in. The revo is a VERY durable truck, ive flipped mine about 10-20 times already and ran into about 6 or 7 trees, NOTHING. I'm not saying the LST isnt, I'm saying i tihkn your an idiot for stereotyping the revo just because traxxas makes it.
Omg, they didnt even drive the revo hard in that video, man i drive harder then that when im warming my truck up and tuning it in. That video showed no durability at all, 2 crashes thats it and the truck broke both times. I've crashed my savage into a car and into a pole quit a few times and i rarely broken anything. When i see a real video of the revo holding up in some hardcore bashing like 20ft jumps ill be sold on durability. Like everyone on these forums are like OMG OMG did you see that video man they drived the revo so hard! they were hitting this like 2 inch speed bump and getting about 4 inches of air for 10 minutes straight. Lol its just getting annoying, people on these forums must not drive there trucks real hard.

I can say that my LST is WAY more durable than my Tmaxx was out of the box. In fact my LST rivals the durability of my Tmaxx now that has over $1000 in it. I've seen the Revo video where they run over a speed bump. Woop-dee-doo, a speed bump. It wasn't even big enough to get air off of at full speed. That isn't much of a durability test. The time's that they did actually crash it, it broke.

I'm not saying that the Revo isn't durable, as I don't have one. But I've yet to see a video that proves that it is. It's an impressive truck and looks like fun to drive, but I DO have a LST and I CAN tell you that the durability has been amazing to date. I've beat the living piss out of it, trying to break it, and only broke an a-arm ($10 for 4) and an aluminum chassis brace (JB Weld) and a turnbuckle. It's taken a beating ten times that of the revo vid and has over a gallon through it.
Wow finaly someone that actualy drives there truck lol. I really don't see how people think that video was a hard enough bashing session to prove anything. (i guess more people on these forums like to polish and take pictures of there truck then drive them)
Old 07-24-2004, 11:52 PM
cdwhocd

i already have a tmaxx so dont want a saveage ... i am 15 so no i dont have the optio nto drive myself my dad is also into the hobb y we just havnt gone tothe track yet there is one near here we are gonna go sometime... to me the revo showed durability in the video cuz if i did tha with my t maxx it would be broke .... but no it doesnt show no real big durability tests .... im pretty sure ima go lst because it just seems to already be hopped up like it doesnt need anything the revo looks like its gonna need cvds plus the radio on the losi is already awsome it can be converted to 4w sterring real ez wich i dont see a point why and all together it just llooks like a awsome truck plus they have good custamer service i was looking at a difrent post some dude broke his full speed into a light pole broke only his suspension arms and the dude that works for losi posted and said they will give him some more suspension arms just so they can inspect the arms to se how it can be inproved.. .thats pretty cool .... plus lst has metal gears and everythign in it already doesnt it ... im gonna sell my computer and t maxx but a lst and a bunch of extra parts and crap lol i really liked it when i say it today and reading all the posts about it on rcuniverse everyone says good stuff about it no bad some poeple said bad stuff about revo not much but some compared to none ....
Old 07-25-2004, 02:40 PM
Sweetshoes90210

Well. I have tried both. And from a distance the LST beats the revo. I am not really a traxxas fan but I dont bash companies before I have tried there product, which I have in this case. The LST does not really have the handling that the REVO does but that is only because it has a much higher center of gravity. The REVO engine is Ok [&:] but if you are looking for big stock power the LST has that...(If you ask me that 2.5 stunt that traxxas pulled made me think of them as a company who wants people to see more of there product than it really is.)

I have used a LST and I am not lieing, the owner told me to try and break it. This is no lie. Now I ran the hell out of it for the 5 minuets I used before I had to leave and I'll tell you it is insanely durable.

It seemed to me as the times I saw the REVO the owners were babying it. This may be because they or new to the sport or maybe they found that it breaks easy. I AM NOT POSITIVE!

I would talk more but I am having dinner.

Your best bet is to go to your local track and race the hell out of the 2 trucks. Do your best not to break a part though...
And if you cant do that and you want to be positive of what you are buying, I would wait until someone puts out some nice reviews with videos.
Old 07-25-2004, 03:15 PM
bamaracer0

I have babied mine a little, but that was mainly because im new and i didnt wanna break my first truck within the first week of owning it, but the last 2 days I have been trying to see what she can do...
Old 07-25-2004, 04:00 PM
TiggerDH

Apple or Orange? big block or small block? More bashing oriented or more track oriented? Cat or dog? Compact or fullsize pickup?
I suppose the point is that these are two completely different animals, and most likely appeal to different modelers for different reasons, although some will own both (lucky them).

Pick your size, and/or budget, and GO! Make sure you have a ton of fun as you do.

Cheers!
Old 07-25-2004, 06:35 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

if you are set on these two choices, I'd go with the LST, as losi is known to produce alot higher quality products.

if your mind is open to suggestions, I could throw a few more out that I personally recommend through actual OWNING. Jus ask me though

Glad to see your staying away from the savage though with all thats out now, its not near the top as it used to be.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:25 AM
Sweetshoes90210

You said it caseyddr.

(By the way caseyddr, do you really like DDR? Lol.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.