Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

XTM mammoth OR 2.5 T-maxx????

Old 08-04-2004, 03:59 PM
TraXXasMan28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XTM mammoth OR 2.5 T-maxx????

hey, i am 15yrs old, i just sold my all aluminum t-maxx, im am awaiting the payment, i am looking for a monster truck to bash and have all out jumping fun with. should i get a brand new 2.5 t-maxx, or a XTM Mammoth??? the only reason i am thinkin no on the xtm is cuz of there is no reverse. also can a mammoth wheelie? LMK

[email protected]
Old 08-04-2004, 04:02 PM
MrSavage

Default RE: XTM mammoth OR 2.5 T-maxx????

why the crap would you sell an all alum maxx and then buy another maxx...mammoth is better out of the two, savage is THE BEST.
Old 08-04-2004, 04:13 PM
speed lives
My Feedback: (1)

I second that, Why would you sell a all aluminum t-maxx and buy a crappy plastic one. And i would get the mammoth over the t-maxx anyday.
Old 08-04-2004, 04:58 PM
monst@r

Mammoth. Buy the upgrade shocktowers, make your on shocktower brace, and you're set. It'll kill the T-Maxx in every category.
Old 08-04-2004, 05:04 PM
TraXXasMan28

ok i am getting the mammoth, my friend has a savage and i wanna be diff. i sold the all aluminum t-maxx cuz while bashing it, i was ruining it, and i wanted to sell it for what i could and get something that i could have fun w/ and now get mad at myself when i scratch the pizz outta the a-arms and skid plates.

how well does the mammoth jump/bash next to a savage???
Old 08-04-2004, 06:00 PM
creyc

Screw both and buy an LST. I'm sure an all-aluminum T-Maxx as you put it would bring in enough cash to get you at least most of the way there. It may seem like the solution to everyones searches but it really is that good!

\Just another alternative. If I were to pick from what you said, I'd go with a Savage or TNX. Oh wait that was Mammoth or T-Maxx? Hmm, who cares about that one. Sorry but there are better trucks out there in my opinion.
Old 08-04-2004, 06:03 PM
Mxracer45

Creyc how about help the man a little next time Mammoth is a good jumper and with a few minor upgrades its equally comparable too that of a savage.
Old 08-04-2004, 06:10 PM
TraXXasMan28

actually creyc like i said, i bashed the maxx i could only get $420 out of it on a 7 day action on this site, and i hate savages and my friend has one, and i can afford a 600 dollar truck such as the lst
Old 08-04-2004, 08:33 PM
creyc

Aye, okay sorry about that. That was a bit harsh after re-reading. :|

I have raced some Mammoths at my local RC track and I can't deny they are fast trucks. Definitely the quickest monster I've seen at over 50MPH, I've just never had the chance to bash around with it much. His didn't break a thing and he landed some nasty jumps but he had a lot of custom parts on it according to the owner. It's cheaper than the LST for sure, and a bit less than the Savage RTR too so if you're not ready to break the bank over a hobby truck it is a good truck. I wouldn't go for the T-Maxx as much as the Mammoth. I don't like getting the same thing, many parts are identical on the 2.5 Maxx, so on the plus side you'll be good at working on it but you'll have to re-do everything you already built up on your last truck which may be a pain. I like buying a different truck from what I have already even if it's very good just to compare. My brother has a Savage and I love that truck. In fact if he didn't have it I would have bought myself an SS but getting something new and different is all part of the hobby.

Think of it as a chance to experience what a different truck can do so you can make a good comparison between the two instead of being bound by what you already know of the T-Maxx limits. You know what will break, you know what to replace off the bat. For the pure driver who want's nothing to do with wrenching on the truck that's fine. But I know lots of us here like to tinker and experiment with different trucks, different engines, radios, suspension setups etc... May as well Get a truck you can learn from has been my way of thinking.
Old 08-04-2004, 08:42 PM
TraXXasMan28

ok ok, now its down to. Tamiya TNX, Terra Crusher OR mammoth, plz help me choose, i want the strongest most fun to jumpp one of these 3
Old 08-04-2004, 09:10 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

why would you get a terra crusher if you can get a tnx??!?!?!
Old 08-04-2004, 09:13 PM
TraXXasMan28

lol i take it the tnx is better?does it have reverse? and (this is the best part of trucks) can it wheelie?!?!?!
Old 08-04-2004, 09:24 PM
Mxracer45

TNX can wheelie. But it just came out and not much after market support. Comes down too personal opinion here. There both good racers. There both supposedly durable. Mammoth is much much faster. But mammoth cant wheelie.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:30 PM
TraXXasMan28

im gonna get a TNX alright. hardcore bashing soon[>:] and some jumps that will make you "[X(]"
Old 08-04-2004, 09:45 PM
Mxracer45

LOL u keep changing ur mind man. Decide on what u want and be patient dude. U have too be patient. Just wait. ANd figure out wat u really want. If u want too hardcore bash and do wheelies get the savage.
Old 08-04-2004, 10:58 PM
TraXXasMan28

my friend has a savage and i dont like it, i hate the ladder chassis, im getting the tnx
Old 08-05-2004, 12:36 AM
pooman07

Realy almost every monster truck can wheelie its just some monster trucks have softer stock shocks which absorb the pop of the front end into the back so hardening the back shocks=wheelies.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:08 AM
speed lives
My Feedback: (1)

Screw both and buy an LST. I'm sure an all-aluminum T-Maxx as you put it would bring in enough cash to get you at least most of the way there. It may seem like the solution to everyones searches but it really is that good!

\Just another alternative. If I were to pick from what you said, I'd go with a Savage or TNX. Oh wait that was Mammoth or T-Maxx? Hmm, who cares about that one. Sorry but there are better trucks out there in my opinion.
Man if everyone had an LST this hobby would suck The main reason im not getting the LST is because i know pretty soon everyones gonna have one and i wanna be different. But eventualy i will get suckered into one anyways []
Old 08-05-2004, 07:09 AM
<conrad>

lol probly but dont u think this hobby wouldent be very fun if u never had to work on your truck i mean like half the reason i like this hobby is because i like workin on these trucks and makin them beter
am i right?
Old 08-05-2004, 01:58 PM
creyc

Very true. Remember though that if your starting place is already ahead of the competition, imagine what a few well thought out mods will do

Variety is nice though, and as I posted in my second there certainly are reasons not to buy a $600 truck. There are other trucks out there, like the TNX that will be great for you.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:02 PM
lax195

ORIGINAL: HPI Racing

Man if everyone had an LST this hobby would suck The main reason im not getting the LST is because i know pretty soon everyones gonna have one and i wanna be different. But eventualy i will get suckered into one anyways []
the only reason im not getting an lst is because i am $592.62 short of the $600 cost of the truck.
Old 08-05-2004, 03:09 PM
HPIDUDE

i have $670
Old 08-05-2004, 07:30 PM
pooman07

Well wier not all rich people here....were white.....atleast i am[sm=RAINFRO.gif]
Old 08-05-2004, 07:33 PM
TraXXasMan28

haha, that sounds pretty racist tho, but still an awesome smiley[sm=RAINFRO.gif] even tho i kinda look like this [sm=bananahead.gif] lol
Old 08-05-2004, 07:39 PM
HPIDUDE

i am white and now i have 730

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.