Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Whats sooo breakable on the XTM mammoth???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Whats sooo breakable on the XTM mammoth???

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 05:29 PM
TraXXasMan28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats sooo breakable on the XTM mammoth???

i just ordered a XTM mammoth, and i have heard tons of positive stuff, but ppl on this site are saying they suck and they are weak, i kno the shocktowers suck, but what else is soo bad about this truck??????
Old 08-04-2004, 05:55 PM
mrjon53
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Whats sooo breakable on the XTM mammoth???

ya i was wondering the same thing as well. i've had mine since april and have only replaced the shocktowers do to breakage. i am upgradeing engines though. oh anyone know where i can get some neon yellow shock springs to fit the mammoth?
Old 08-04-2004, 06:04 PM
Mxracer45

Why upgrade engine? 24.7 rox. The ppl who are talking down on the mammoth are people who have ever even seen one much less drive it . I havent droven one but my friend has one. He LOVES it. Shock Towers are the only thing i would be worried about .
Old 08-04-2004, 06:09 PM
mrjon53

one i lost compression in my 24-7 and the other is cause after hours of looking for things to upgrade on my truck i really can't find anything that would need it(after towers ofcourse) and the engine was the only thing i could think of. i will rebuild my 24-7 and use it again but id like to see what more power would do to the mammoth!!!!
Old 08-04-2004, 07:07 PM
TraXXasMan28

can a mammoth wheelie? or is there a way to makeit wheelie???

i love the looks of the mammoth and hope to have fun w/ it ASAP

P.S. if u have anything negative to say about the mammoth like what you all think is soooo breakable, then post it here, cuz i wanna kno
Old 08-05-2004, 03:45 AM
erh110

My friend just bought a Mammoth. On the second day (7th or 8th tank) he bent the rear shock tower, broke the cord on the pull start, and snapped the right front strut (i think its' called a strut)[&o]. This all with just 2-3 foot jumps. Granted we are both new to this, and don't have a lot of driving skills yet, but I thought they were rather minor crashes for the damage caused. Still a great truck, just sucks to have to get it fixed so soon after buying it.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:16 AM
<conrad>

the stock towers suck on the mammoth and pull starts only break when u pull them to hard so u only need upgraded shock towers and ur truck will be bulletproof
Old 08-05-2004, 08:05 AM
rcblaze

How are the diffs on this truck? Can they handle high HP engines ?
Old 08-05-2004, 10:15 AM
fhm101

Last time I posted this, a plethora of mamoth fan boys got all whiney and told their mom's on me, but since you've ask here goes. I have a friend that bought one and less than a month after he got it he showed up one day with his old T Maxx. I asked him what happened to the mamoth and he said it was so trashed it was not worth wasting the money on to fix up. Keep in mind this guy is a basher, but his maxx lasts about like any other maxx that gets flogged in the local pits so it's not like the guy is out to destroy his trucks. I asked him for details on the mamoth and he told me he had already broken 3 lower arms, 6 upper arms, bent several hinge pins, shock shafts, body mounts, bent a couple of drive shafts, both shock towers had broken, a couple of blown diffs, and several other things along those lines. He said the decision to retire the thing came when he realized he had spent more on replacement parts in the first month than he had paid for the truck to start with. He wound up parting out what was left of the truck to recover some of his money. Not trying to flame here folks, just passing on what i've seen with one local mamoth.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:43 AM
binaryterror

ORIGINAL: bcash

How are the diffs on this truck? Can they handle high HP engines ?
Mine is running an RB TM728 which is about as strong down low as any engine. Never had a problem with my diffs...but i also treat them good by checking their mesh often.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:56 AM
binaryterror

TraxxasMan28:

#1 never listen to people who's friends had one. No proof not worth the time.

#2 I run mine with the about the torqueist engine (RB .28) and have not had an ounce of trouble with the driveline messing up.

#3 I still run the stock shock towers...never been bent, but I did install a Cage/ShockTower system from a user on the Global Forum (330 Design).

#4 It's a solid truck, heck it's even doing well in racing with a previously unknown racer being in the running every major race!

#5 I'd suggest you head over to the Global Mammoth Support/Help forum. There are a bunch of us Mammoth owners eager to help people out.

#6 People claim the pullstarts break, but uh...they all do if you over prime. Also any HPI Savage pullstarter will fit, which has a thicker cord. Also the RotoStart for the Savage trucks will fit, or you can even use a starter box.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:52 PM
mrjon53

ORIGINAL: binaryterror

TraxxasMan28:

#1 never listen to people who's friends had one. No proof not worth the time.

#
that s pretty freakin funny i read the post and thought the exact same thing. its never a mammoth owner on this forum talking about the problems that all the friends of other truck owners seem to have. oh and don't forget that guy at there lhs that had one explode or something! not once have i seen the mammoth owners on the forum talking about there friends with other trucks that just fall apart. so i will be the first.
my friend has a tmaxx and ...... its pretty cool. i would have got one but liked the truggy style and the speed of the mammoth more. huh, honesty, a new concept.....
Old 08-06-2004, 12:21 PM
fhm101

Keep on whistling past the graveyard fellas.
Old 08-06-2004, 02:54 PM
binaryterror

ORIGINAL: fhm101

Keep on whistling past the graveyard fellas.

HUH? what is that supposed to mean?
Old 02-26-2005, 05:01 AM
azcoco
My Feedback: (1)

well ive had my mammoth for about six months and i beat the living hell out of it and i havent had any problems its all stock except for aluminums arm
Old 02-26-2005, 10:05 AM
proxpilot

i wish my mammoth was like yours i musta got a lemon! diffs, clutch, motor! i do want to go through it and rebuild it, i have a BN wasp .28 and SH. 28 sitting here with no home!
Old 02-26-2005, 12:01 PM
The Boss

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: fhm101

he said it was so trashed it was not worth wasting the money on to fix up. and he told me he had already broken 3 lower arms, 6 upper arms, bent several hinge pins, shock shafts, body mounts, bent a couple of drive shafts, both shock towers had broken, a couple of blown diffs, and several other things along those lines. He said the decision to retire the thing came when he realized he had spent more on replacement parts in the first month than he had paid for the truck to start with. He wound up parting out what was left of the truck to recover some of his money.
LOL, I can say the same thing about the T maxx and other traxxas products.

We had guys come out to our 8scale park years ago acting like premadonas with there $2000/ $3000 dollar maxx'es only to be BEAT by cheap $500+ dollar stock 8scale kits... it was so funny lol. I remember one of these guys busting something on his done up t maxx just trying to follow the 8scale kits around the track... he grabed his kit and threw it so hard into the back of his pick up that more parts were flying off lol... he just got into his truck and left lol.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:34 PM
azcoco

here is a video of my mammoth taking a couple of jumps
http://www.az-rcfreaks.com/modules/g...amoth_jump.mpg

the full bash video http://mbrholdings.com/Storage/bbIII.wmv
Old 09-08-2005, 10:01 AM
Kory k

great video there. i loved . and i watched the whole thing. took a while but i watched it.

Great
Kory
Old 09-08-2005, 11:52 AM
RenegadeRevo

Why do you keep drudging up old posts? This post is almost 6 months old. Seriously, if you want Mammoth posts, you shouldn't really look here... your best place would be at the global hobby forums... If you want to discuss the Mammoth... make your own posts about it...
Old 09-08-2005, 03:47 PM
ofnaDOMINATION!

are you trying to start another arguement? let all the mammoth's weaknesses and stregnths lie quietly. and shouldn't ovgron (the guy who always antagonizes revo about supposably putting the mammoth down) be all over this forum? i bet he will by tonite.

lol
Old 09-08-2005, 03:55 PM
RenegadeRevo

Many of the members who were a part of these Mammoth conversations are either no longer members, or have moved on to a different forum (As I said... Global Hobbies has a GREAT Mammoth forum) I just don't get why newbies bring up threads that DIED 6 months to a year ago. From what I see, the newbie Mammoth lovers just search for Mammoth threads... and reply. The fact is... there aren't very many XTM supporters on this forum.... not to say there aren't ANY, but not very many.... which means that there are going to be less Pro-Mammoth threads. The best place to search for that is going to be at Global Hobbies... they have a specialized Mammoth forum. Notice at the top there is a HPI, Traxxas, LOSI, and MGT forum... and no XTM or Mammoth Forum? That's because this board doesn't have enough Mammoth supporters to warrant a different forum for them.

Please also realize that I'm NOT saying to leave RCU... RCU is great, just make your own threads instead of arguing with someone in a thread that died MONTHS ago...
Old 09-08-2005, 04:57 PM
ofnaDOMINATION!

actually, the mgt specialty forum closed recently. i guess that the mgt may be beginning to go the path og the mammoth
Old 09-08-2005, 05:21 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: ofnaDOMINATION!

actually, the mgt specialty forum closed recently. i guess that the mgt may be beginning to go the path og the mammoth
yeah, I missed that one... LOL.... see how much I pay attention to the MGT forum.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:58 PM
rolland

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The reason some people might search these forums instead of the manufactures own is to find out the negatives of the product in question. You are not going to get an unbiased opinion of a product on a manufacturers forum. Check the Traxxis forums, just about all negative comments about one of their products is deleted almost instantly, or they used to be if they are not doing it now.

rolland

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.