Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Need Help Removing Cen Mt2 Spur Gear!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Need Help Removing Cen Mt2 Spur Gear!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 11:12 PM
sownare

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Removing Cen Mt2 Spur Gear!!

Hey Guys,

Ordered the wheelie bar for my Cen Mt2. Screws aren't long enough to secure the transmission due to the additional thickness of the wheelie bar plate. Ordered some new spur gears, but now I'm stuck. I loosened BOTH screws on the shift flywheel, one that adjusts the shift point and the other that supposedly secures the shifter. Nothing will budge. Tried everything, nothing works, so I come to you for guidance. Even consulted a thread on this same topic, but the info to loosen the screw on the adjuster didn't work. I just need to remove the stripped spur gear. Maybe I'm not seeing something. I really don't want to call Cen at this time. I'm sure they're swamped with calls about their issues with the Genesis.

Anyways, I'd appreciate any help removing my Cen Mt2 spur gear.

Fin
Old 08-16-2004, 07:26 AM
nitromacguyver

Default RE: Need Help Removing Cen Mt2 Spur Gear!!

i had the same problem and unfortunalely the oly solution is brute force. if you are able to get the shifter off, try cutting apart the stripped gears to get them off of the one way bearing.

if you ordered a wheelie bar for your mt2, i assume it wheelies. how do you do it? mine doesn't wheelie but i'm not an expert at tuning so maybe it's me.
Old 08-16-2004, 02:18 PM
Element

ORIGINAL: nitromacguyver

i had the same problem and unfortunalely the oly solution is brute force. if you are able to get the shifter off, try cutting apart the stripped gears to get them off of the one way bearing.

if you ordered a wheelie bar for your mt2, i assume it wheelies. how do you do it? mine doesn't wheelie but i'm not an expert at tuning so maybe it's me.
All it took for mine to wheelie is a good tune
Old 08-16-2004, 05:30 PM
Sweetshoes90210

I problem for yours not wheelieing nitromacguyver could be that chassis brace. I was looking at your gallery and it seems pretty heavy... Maybe it is weighing it down.

Is that a new chassis or did you just strip the purple paint off it.?
Old 08-16-2004, 05:37 PM
sownare

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the info. Man, isn't there a more civilized way of replacing the spur gear? Oh, well. If I do resort to brute force, can you suggest any tools or techniques that might make it easier and safer for the truck? I didn't get a chance to wheelie my truck yet. It's just broken in. I'm using 70 weight shock oil on the back shocks. Hope this helps.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:44 PM
nitromacguyver

for tools i suggest two flat screw drivers between the gears and use them two pry the two gears apart.

so sweetshoes, how do you think the new brace compares to the old one? i have also made an aluminum chassis brace to replace the plastic one and to save myself $40 + s/h.

also im glad you like the chassis w/o the purple.