RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Kyosho Big Brute Help?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 04:41 PM
jem8182
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho Big Brute Help?

I have an old (very old) Kyosho Big Brute Monster Truck that I am trying to restore. I am going to replace the motor that came with it....does anyone have any suggestions for a good, cheap motor to install?
The problem I am having is that the motor in it runs but when I put it all together and try to run on carpet, concrete, etc., it revs but the tires/truck will not move. Is this a problem with the motor, gears, etc.?
Any suggestions on were to find replacement parts or any other truck parts that will fit?
Thanks for any help!!!!
Old 08-18-2004, 04:54 PM
methane

Default RE: Kyosho Big Brute Help?

back in the day i had a fair share of experience with the brute. i may even have some old parts if you need something.

are the dogbones/axles turning? i remember a problem w/ one or two brutes where it would sort of sit there and not really go. the problem was the rims slipping where they attach to the axles. i'd tighten down the hub nut but it wouldn't lock solid, the spindle/axle whatever you want to call it would barely grip the rim. i eventually made my own locking spindle/rim combo

also, if it has an aftermarket differential, check that as well. i've seen some diffs set way loose in the brute

edit: if memory serves, some of the usa-1 parts will work w/ the brute
Old 08-19-2004, 07:37 AM
jem8182
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Kyosho Big Brute Help?

That may be the problem because if I remember correctly the axles do spin. I will check it this afternoon when I get home from work.
Thanks for your help.