Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Kyosho Mad Force Rehabilitation + Advice

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Kyosho Mad Force Rehabilitation + Advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 08:11 AM
taipans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho Mad Force Rehabilitation + Advice

Hey guys I own a Mad Force, I bought it about a month after it originally came out, which has been a few years now. I have always had a problem with starting it, it would usually take a good 30 pulls to get it running, with the first 25 feeling very loose like there isnt any compression. Does anyone know why its so hard for mine to start? Also I was hoping someone could point me to a good place to order upgrades for it, I blew the rear end gears out the last time I ran it. And lastly I never really understood how the tranny works, or how to set it up properly. I never hear or see it shift, is it so smooth and fast you can even notice?

Thanks for any help,

Mark
Old 08-24-2004, 08:20 AM
ThermalRD

Default RE: Kyosho Mad Force Rehabilitation + Advice

My mad force felt the same way. Always easy to turn over. My engine however started on the first two pulls when primed right. One of the easiest, and friendliest engines i've owned. That rear diff doesnt need an upgrade, it needs machine thread screws. I can assure you the diff blew because the screws backed out. Take out the plastic thread screws, and replace them with machine thread. Yes, the shifting is VERY smooth on that truck.

Matt
Old 08-24-2004, 08:30 AM
taipans

I was running it on some rougher terrain and then BAM I only had front wheel drive, even though both drive shafts were turning. So the gears actually didnt get smoked, just the plastic set screw? I built this truck perfectly taking a ton of time, I prepped and primed it and followed the directions to a Tee but never could get it to start easily. Its so bad that it makes me second guess running it at all. I wish it could adapt to an electric starter. Thanks for the input!

-Mark
Old 08-24-2004, 12:59 PM
Crazy_Coconuts

my friend's mad force is the same... when you first get it started its really easy to pull and it takes forever to get started... when i kill it, i set the piston down at the bottom... to get it started, i just pull the cord a few inches to get the engine up and then back down and the engine fires right up... its really screwed up...
Old 08-24-2004, 01:15 PM
taipans

Wow, your the first person that describes exactly what I am going through! Tell your friend I feel his pain! Its a pain in the ass to start. Has anyone found out WHY this happens and maybe a solution!?

Thanks!
Old 08-24-2004, 02:31 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same problem with the kyosho 21 in my landmax and mad force. What was happening on both my engines was the outer race of the one way bearing slipping on the inside of the hex adapter. To solve this, I removed the one way bearing from the hex (the outside of a one way bearing is round and is pressed into a piece that is hex on the outside), cleaned both surfaces thoroughly, applied a little medium CA (just a little - 4 drops evenly spaced) to the outside of the one way bearing (near the edge that you will be pressing back into the hex adapter), and slowly pressing the one way back into the hex adapter making sure not to get any glue where you don't want it.

There's no more "too easy to pull" situations now. It fires on the first or second pull.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:47 AM
taipans

Cool thank you! I suppose after 30-40 pulls the bearing warms up and starts to grab... ? Im going to try that after work but it makes sense. I cant believe I have put up with this that long!

Thanks alot,

Mark