Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

want do i need ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 05:31 PM
Brandnew1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default want do i need ??

yea im thinking of getting a savage 25 rtr...other than the savage wat will i need to buy...i wanna see how much it would cost all together

yea so wat would i need

thx
Old 09-04-2004, 06:32 PM
ThermalRD

Default RE: want do i need ??

That depends. Is it your first nitro? or your first RC? You may already have some of the things you need.

Savage 25 RTR
Fuel
Glo igniter
spare plugs
Charger for glo igniter
RX battery
Charger for RX battery
8 AA's (for TX)
Temp gauge
fail safe
Old 09-04-2004, 06:59 PM
speed lives
My Feedback: (1)

fail safe
Fail safe?? Who needs a fail safe lol. I never ever used one and i had no issues so far, if you play it smart you will be fine. But its always nice to have one.

Some other things you might want to upgrade to pretty soon would be a Motor Saver air filter and a new pipe. If you plan on running the S-25 for awhile then you will be fine with some HD dogbones, when you upgrade your engine your gonna want some nice MIPS or Hot Bodies CVDs. But have fun run your truck for awhile, soon you will get a disease like us and want to upgrade everything, so moter saver and a pipe will be a good start.
Old 09-04-2004, 07:22 PM
ThermalRD

Oh, and HPIracing says you need some "awaiting approval" too. LMAO
Sorry, couldnt resist.
Old 09-04-2004, 07:25 PM
speed lives
My Feedback: (1)

Yea im about to change my name lol, this is rediculess.. I got in trouble for speaking my own opinion. I don't know why they bothered with that freedom of speech BS, i don't see no freedom in not being able to say the words you want.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:55 AM
Brandnew1

well i owned a electric now...so i have a charger and 1500 piranha...is that wat u mean by rx batteries and charger for rx batteries??
and wut does rx stand for
Old 09-05-2004, 09:19 AM
Ahab

RX means reciever, TX transmitter. by RX batteries they are refering to a special battery pack that fits in the truck to run the radio gear and power the servos. they are known as RX battteries or, because of the configuration of the cells in a 3-2 combination, a Hump pack - one should set you back $9-20 - the savage comes with a 4cell AA reciever pack as standard - but it is best ignored from the start.
But dont worry, your 7.2 volt Electric pack will still be needed - they forgot to mention that the Savage25 RTR comes with a roto start that takes 7.2volt stick packs - and needs a tamiya type plug on the battery pack... so I guess you probably have that sorted.
you might need a new charger for your RX pack though - what charger are you using to charge your 1500?

you will also need a fuel filler bottle - it is just a soft plastic bottle with a metal spout used to suck fuel out of the big can and into the little tank... yo ucan try and pour it straight out of the big can if you want, but the filler bottle is a much better idea

oh, and I will warn you now, Break-in can be a frustrating, horrible ordeal... but you learn a lot doing it, the truck needs it doing to it, and you will feel like you have achieved something when it is done... - Think of it as a right of passage, a hazing initiation into the Savage club -
Old 09-05-2004, 09:39 AM
Brandnew1

i have a hobbico 900 charger...can u send me a link maybe to tower hobbies or sumthing showing me wat battery and charger i need for the receiver
Old 09-05-2004, 09:48 AM
Ahab

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFJT1&P=7 should do it for the reciever pack, I am sure lots of people know of better ones, but my pack was built by a guy in my local hobby shop, so I cant really post a link to my one...

as for what charger to get, all I really know about chargers is that I have the Ripmax ProPeak Varipulse and it does everything I ask of it...