Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Backyard tracks

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 05:58 PM
Tagsrover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Backyard tracks

hey, i was wondering if any of you guys have made backyard tracks. what are some specifications and some dos and donts. pictures would be great. thank
Old 09-06-2004, 06:17 PM
fantomas
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Backyard tracks

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/LSt_...2148055/tm.htm
Old 09-06-2004, 11:19 PM
rc_monster

Yeah I made a track for my crawler, a lot of rocks and big logs make a really good crawler coarse. Well its not a "track" cause you race on those so I guess I could call it a "coarse" because it is more of a obsticle coarse. Its cool to watch my truck articulate to the maxx...and all that torque, I dont know whats better to watch than crawlers. And yes I made it in my backyard...
Old 09-07-2004, 01:30 AM
The Boss

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi, well a small group of us (4 guys) got together a while back and went and leased all most 3 acres of land for our selfs close to the middle of our city center to build a 8scale nitro track because our back yards were to small and we ended up with this...

http://www.nitroextreme.com/cars_tru..._info_main.cfm

after that everyone wanted to be our freinds lol.
Old 09-07-2004, 01:41 AM
The Boss

BTW, draw it out on draft paper, we had a few versions before we got it the way we wanted it. This will help you to size the track up to the area you have.

Buy a bobcat!. We bought our own bobcat now so it will be easyer/cheaper/quicker to change things once and a while.

Old 09-07-2004, 04:49 PM
supernova803

I never realized how lucky I am for my dad to be in the construction business! He's got 16 tractors for me to build a track with!
Old 09-07-2004, 06:44 PM
Tagsrover

Hey thanks you guys. Those tracks are awesome. How big are most of the jumps, in terms of height off the ground?
Old 09-07-2004, 07:17 PM
The Boss

hi, the jumps were anywhere from 1 to 4 feet, we usualy try to work on the park once a year with heavy equipment and them run the place down through out the year, we don't like using shovels and wheel barrels.

The east track was built to be more of a buggy/rally car track where as the weat track was mainly designed for m/t trucks, the place is real run down now, we have to redo a bunch of stuff out there. The saddest part is the the people that come out to use the park and then vandlize it. then the other side of it where we get people coming out there to use the place and then complain about this or that not thinking that someone... US! has to pay for this place and everything that gets done there, some people are jerks.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:19 PM
Mxracer45

lol boss looks like the mods are making sure your post is just perfect

<Let's all behave. There's no sense in poking fun at someone who is positively contributing to this forum. Posts like this one (aside from my addition) only take up bandwidth.

Just making sure this post was perfect too - i8tweety (Car Forums Moderator)>
Old 09-08-2004, 10:42 PM
Boarder_man720

Hi, well a small group of us (4 guys) got together a while back and went and leased all most 3 acres of land for our selfs close to the middle of our city center to build a 8scale nitro track because our back yards were to small and we ended up with this...

http://www.nitroextreme.com/cars_tru..._info_main.cfm

after that everyone wanted to be our freinds lol.
i'll be your freind, for real though i didnt even know that there WAS a r/c track in calgary, how many people a day come out? i live about an hour and 15 mins out of the city (in a town called three hills) there are quite a few of us who have MT's here (couple savages, couple t-maxxes, an MGT and i own a mammoth) do you have a specified "race day" if so please tell when and can i race my mammoth there? i'll probly be in the ciy thiss weekend to get some stuff from PM hobbycraft, and how much does it cost to get in? thanks for your time
Old 09-09-2004, 01:14 AM
The Boss

hi, you can go out and use the park any time you like, it costs a buck/loonie to get in, we don't have "race days" anymore because no one wants to do it, guys just meet up when they have time and bash or match race. If you need more park info just check NE.