Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Revo

Old 09-09-2004, 11:38 PM
Duff_Beer_12oz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo

I am saving up for a revo. If any one has one will you please tell me what you think of it.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:46 PM
popa71

Default RE: Revo

The Revo is a great truck. I have 1/2 gallon through mine with no broken parts yet. it has some really nice features and it is a very strong truck. you wont be disapointed with it. It will also have alot of aftermarket support.
Old 09-10-2004, 07:59 AM
ThermalRD

As far as im concerned, its a "must have" truck. Im buying one this weekend.
Old 09-10-2004, 09:09 AM
popa71

Im looking forward to your purchase Thermal. I know you will give an honest review . If your revo is half as good as mine has been you will have some good things to say about this truck. Im pretty sure you will point out any weakness you find as well. The great thing is that I already know you have serveral Synthesized radios you can drop in a receiver and get rid of the Traxxas unit. Thats a real plus but Im sure you already planed it. Make sure you read the documentation on installing afermarket radios to the optidrive. Its posted on traxxas web site and I think in the instruction manual as well!!!! I cancelled the order for my Maxx .21 engine Ive been hearing some mixed reviews on it. The 2.5 has been performing great and I dont want to replace it and cause any problems that I dont presently have. If I knew the 24.7 pro would definately fit with the 21-28 new era convertion kit I would have already ordered it. Until I find out Ill have to wait for something I know is reliable!!!!!!!
Old 09-10-2004, 11:04 AM
Duff_Beer_12oz

Thanks guys. does anyone know of the actual top speed? and i don't mean 44+ but something more exact.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:31 PM
popa71

Since my law enforcement buddy recently went to jail I dont have access to the radar gun anymore. Its around 40 mph.
Old 09-10-2004, 10:26 PM
MT RC
My Feedback: (1)

SO, im curious, what are the REVOs weaknesses. So far I have heard anything bad except that they have picky carbs but that may not be true. SO please tell me what the weaknesses are, Im really curious!
Old 09-10-2004, 10:30 PM
ICrashThings

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

As far as im concerned, its a "must have" truck. Im buying one this weekend.
Yes and hurry up with the review.
Old 09-10-2004, 11:35 PM
popa71

The only weakness I have heard of is the rear shock ends stretching . Which has already been corrected. I havent had this problem though. I got a second batch Revo!!!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2004, 01:39 AM
G1GY

ORIGINAL: popa71

Since my law enforcement buddy recently went to jail I dont have access to the radar gun anymore. Its around 40 mph.
It was actualy radar tested by XRC in the aug issue at 38.5 mph. (Still slower than the LST and the Mamoth to mention a couple.)
Old 09-15-2004, 04:57 PM
Tnx_4_life

i heard it had some engine probs..true? and the schoks setup looks fin, but the rods seem to break on alot of ppl....i love the looks tho , no doubt bout that hehe

tim
Old 09-15-2004, 07:49 PM
cendude

So far I have only 1 broken part out of 2 revos. And the part that broke was a shock end that took a nasty high speed tumble at full throttle ( It has a Mach .26 in the one that broke) when a car came out of no ware and was heading for the truck so I turned and hit a curb tryng to miss it. []I was supprised thats all it broke because it sure look alott worse!
Old 09-15-2004, 09:16 PM
fastcrash

ORIGINAL: cendude

So far I have only 1 broken part out of 2 revos. And the part that broke was a shock end that took a nasty high speed tumble at full throttle ( It has a Mach .26 in the one that broke) when a car came out of no ware and was heading for the truck so I turned and hit a curb tryng to miss it. []I was supprised thats all it broke because it sure look alott worse!

you have a mach .26 in a revo? what tranny parts have you snapped? how long has this engine been in the revo? thanx
Old 09-16-2004, 01:24 PM
cendude

So far I have 16 tanks with a stock tranny and no broken parts. But you can here the slipper clutch doing its job under hard acelleration.The neatest thing about it is that when it shifts into 2nd it wheelies for a good 15 feet +. My next project is some billet wheelie bars because it wants to wheelie all the way over backwards when you hit the throttle.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82414.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	174055  
Old 09-16-2004, 02:13 PM
creyc

You may want to consider replacing your exhaust with a larger one. That blue model that came with it is tuned to provide as much power as possible with a .15 engine, the Mach is a lot larger and no doubt the pipe is holding it back a bit. Of course if you can do those kind of wheelies this doesn't seem to be an issue. Sounds aweseom though, and the fact you've not had broken parts after 16 tanks says something of the transmission. I don't think that engine is particularly powerful when held up to some of the things people put in T-Maxx's but it can move a 12LB lst so it's got a bit of grunt.

I'd love to buy either a Revo or a new engine for my LST but can't decide which to do first. :\
Old 09-16-2004, 03:12 PM
cendude

It now has a cvec .21 pipe with the double outlet but I'm still looking for other options.
Old 09-16-2004, 03:25 PM
ThermalRD

I bought my Revo on Monday. Broke it in the following day. Been running it ever since. Break-in was great, engine runs awesome, and cool. The truck is very fast, very durable. The EZstart 2 is working flawlessly as well as the rest of the truck. Real easy to work on too. I put my P2 rockers on last night. It seems i'll never learn that the edge of my yard is no longer the nice little ramp it was. Before the construction it was perfect. Now its a real quick way to send your truck into multiple cartwheels and flips. I've also been using stock radio equipment, which is something i dont usually do. I want to be able to give an honest review of the truck once i get to a gallon thru it.