Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Outlaw Truck

Old 09-20-2004, 04:17 PM
Grut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outlaw Truck

Hello to all, hope you guys can help,

Been looking at the HB Lightning Stadium Pro RTR, LST RTR, and the GS Storm Unlimited Pro Kit.
Which is best?
How is the GS? I really like the idea of getting the kit and putting in what you want from the beginning not upgrading as time goes by.

What's a good engine pipe combo? thinking in the .28 size.
What about a decent 2 channel FM radio for the price? I will probably have to buy the servos seperate I'm taking so what good ones are out there, I see alot of talk about metal geared ones.

Here is the deal; been out of the RC world for about 10 years and looking to race in the spring,,So this winter is project " Put together an awesome Outlaw Truck"..[>:]

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Grut
Old 09-20-2004, 06:03 PM
Grut

Default RE: Outlaw Truck

Come on fellas,

I have a response from a local track racer that's states another racer which runs a GS sut and was eying up the HB lightning due to issues with the GS sut.

Grut
Old 09-20-2004, 06:06 PM
Mxracer45

If your wanting too race, THE GS would probably be your best bet, especialy considering the price. You'll save alot of money and you could get alot of hopups. LST is new, and many problems with it. I dont know about the LSP, because no one here is talking about it, or if anyone owns one at all?
Old 09-20-2004, 06:15 PM
cemeb4dk

I have the SUT Pro kit. I purchased it for 450.00. I have the JRXS3 radio, and I had a spare s-25 motor. So I had no need for another spare crap stock radio. I also am a big hop up person, so I thought the kit would be better and cheaper for me. The pro kit has all the hop ups that GS makes on it. I truely love mine and it handles awesome on a track. It took me a while to learn to jump the thing, a bit different than my buggy or savage but I am learning.

As far as weak points on the SUT, the lower front arms are pretty weak. I have broke like 4 of them. But for less than 5 bucks an arm not to bad. I have done a few mods also, if you go to GS's website you can download there racers complete set up. I used this as an additional manual. I put on the different springs, stock ones where to bouncy fo rme and I also doubled the steering link arm for more durability. One other thing is the cast c hubs, when you turn full the c hub hits the upright and breaks a part of the brace. I purchased the cnc c hubs and they have a better curve so this problem no longer exists. Gs makes them or the hyper 7 ones will fit.

I hope this helps feel free to ask any other ?'s on the storm
Old 09-20-2004, 09:37 PM
nps

I just bought the Storm RTR today. I already broke the lower arm. While driving it, I noticed the steering to be sloppy. Did you do anything to make the steering tighter? Maybe the pro kit comes with better parts, but any advice would help.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:36 PM
cemeb4dk

The pro kit comes with an adjustable servo saver, so you can tighten it up, it also comes with ballbearings verses the rtr's bushings. The the steering plate also has bearing in it also. My steering is right on, so I have not noticed any problems. Not sure if the pro parts make a difference or not, but I'm sure they help. Have you adjust your toe and or camber?
Old 09-22-2004, 09:49 PM
Muswagon

Another good racer will be the new Ofna Blazer. Use the dish rims with some bowties, and ditch both sets of factory tires, a good radio and you are set.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:39 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

the lightning stadium looks neat i might go with that one
Old 09-23-2004, 04:35 PM
packerfan3001
My Feedback: (1)

i saw the lightning stadium at a race last week i thnk, random stormer ahd on and 2 others did too, on of the staduims broke waht apeeard to be a front bulk head in the a-main. But dam those things are fast, i think the results were a LST 1st lighting 2nd and 3rd. Those things are amasing!

that is what i would get if i were you..
Old 09-24-2004, 09:54 AM
Grut

The HB Lightning Stadium Pro is it. I have done all kind of research and comparisons. Serious bang for the buck, it rocks. Just wish they made a kit so I didn't get that radio gear, the engine I can use when in doubt or just playin' in the yard.

Grut
Old 09-24-2004, 12:01 PM
Mr. Furious

I saw a fella driving a GS SUT at the BMX track. Seemed fast enough and handled decently but it broke a lot jumping . He wrenched on it about every tank and some parts didn't make it back on the truck due to being broken. The hot bodies pro with the aluminum arms and other hop-ups seems like a really nice truck but the radio is another rtr throwaway. I do have some concerns obout the HB reputation though. Parts=OK, Vehicles=Hit or Miss. You're rolling the dice buying a HB car especially one that just came out. Look at the problems the REVO, Genesis and LST owners are having due to being the first buyers of new trucks. Let the other suckers buy the latest and greatest and then wait 6 months. After that all the problems are sorted out and the price has dropped 10-20%.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:53 PM
pondboy

i got my lsp a few days ago . all is good so far . paid 510 . it started right up broke in good . am going to the track on wed . for the first real test? will let ya know how it goes