Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Electric or Nitro?

Old 09-22-2004, 01:15 PM
dewfall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric or Nitro?

Hi Folks,
I'm new to trucks and was thinking of getting one, but can't decide on whether to go electric or nitro. I have a good sized nitro boat and know how loud and tempermental the engines can be, not to mention the clean up after running. But the speed and performance are not to be matched by electric power. Is it the same way with trucks? For example, does the E-maxx come anywhere near Savage or LST performance? Any thoughts are appreciated.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:57 PM
Roadhog2K4

Default RE: Electric or Nitro?

nitro..
Old 09-22-2004, 02:20 PM
Tnx_4_life

well, the emaxx is a good truck, doesnt costy alot to drive. But if u want real power., get nitro. U always have same power(with electric the batts die) and it gives a more sort of REAL driving, with engine and all. I think if u want power and u got the cash for fuel get nitro, othrwise get electric.

tim
Old 09-22-2004, 02:37 PM
ICrashThings

nitro more fun. you fill up and go.
Old 09-22-2004, 03:09 PM
DKD

nitro, its just so much more fun
Old 09-22-2004, 03:50 PM
Tnx_4_life

but its more costy, but if u got the cash go nitro
Old 09-22-2004, 03:59 PM
Mxracer45

If your a wheelie freak and torque freak, go EMAXX.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:20 PM
b@5her

Nitro engines have improved hugely over the past few years i have 3 different engines for my hyper 7 (hyper21 3 port ,hyper21 8 port , and a force21 engine ) and im yet to have one fail to start or give me any problems in 6 months , apart from glow plugs failing.

nitro also has the advantage of you drive till you get bored,run out of fuel,break the buggy/truck,or it gets dark. Not till your batterys need recharging.
Old 09-24-2004, 06:27 PM
Tnx_4_life

my thoughts exactly

Tim
Old 09-24-2004, 06:52 PM
Ahab

unless you want to go rock crawling (where you need bags of torque, and the lack of airflow means that nitro engines can overheat easily) then Nitro is the only way to go with a monster truck...
Old 09-24-2004, 08:30 PM
camra88

Personal preference rules out which one you get IMO. If you like tinkering, and like speed and power, and dont want to charge batteries, and dont mind cleaning up, nitro seems good. But if you dont like to tinker alot, and dont want to clean up all the time, electric is more for you... Its all personal preference... I think nitro has better performance then electric. Contrary to what some people say, if you get good quality battery packs, you get full power until the batter just dies, and the truck will just stop moving. You might see a small decrease in performance, but that is to be expected. I have an e-maxx... and i think im gonna get a nitro next... i love them both!
Old 09-24-2004, 10:24 PM
Nitro MT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Emaxx and a Savage 25. Both have good and bad sides to using them. The Emaxx requires little to no after run maintenance. Just remove or unplug the batteries and basically your done. The bad part is waiting for batteries to charge if you decide at the last minute you want to run it. The Savage is a blast to drive just because you can run all day (unless you break) and except for the rotostart battery your set to go at anytime. After run takes a bit more time if you clean the truck really good and use after run oil in the motor. I started with the Emaxx but got the Nitro bug about 1 year later and don't regret it at all.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:40 PM
devious1
My Feedback: (15)

I would have to go based on experiance a few years back .. I been with electric for a couple of years being new to the R.C. craze now i decided nitro With a PRP Raptor But the way nitro engines are now i would have to say preferance cause of there a lot easier to tune and work with now than they where years ago...