Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

My First Monster Truck

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 07:04 PM
Cooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My First Monster Truck

I have been shopping and studying them for a year and finally bought a REVO.
Broke it in and broke it within 24 hours[X(].
The suspension is so forgiving while driving and being a beginer I need forgiving.I haven't leaned it out yet ,but the power is really great.I was coming up my gravel drive accelerating hard and when it shifted into second it hit a small bump causing the front tires to go higher and higher till I finally lifted.
I know I am new to this ,but I am happy with the truck so far.After the 4th tank during break in it was quite hard to get the thing to stay running so I went ahead and cleaned the fuel system and for saftey took the one way bearing off and oiled it.
Well on too the breaking part.I was blasting across the yard and hit the end of a landscaping timber and broke a lower control arm.
Got some ordered.
Any advice on these Revo's as far as hop ups.
Old 09-25-2004, 07:47 PM
bamaracer0

Default RE: My First Monster Truck

You may find the suspension too soft, p2 rockers will slow that down. I also put the front LT springs in the back to help with squat. I lowered it too.

Thats pretty much my setup.

The Revo is my first hobbyshop-quality R/C too
Old 09-25-2004, 10:27 PM
ThermalRD

Revo is awesome. Congrats on the purchase. The truck out of the box is pretty awesome. I would have to say the best thing would be to save up for a good radio. P2 rockers are also a nice upgrade. Like i said though. The truck doesnt need anything to perform incredibly well. Get yourself a nice radio. So far i have the HD servo saver spring, P2 rockers, all new servos, synth RX, and some 40 series bow ties on velo's. I also just bought another chassis, engine, header, and pipe off ebay. I plan on having those aluminum parts sent out to be anodized a different color.
Old 09-25-2004, 11:34 PM
speed lives
My Feedback: (1)

I plan on having those aluminum parts sent out to be anodized a different color.
What color??

Wait let me guess, Green.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:43 PM
nitromacguyver

thermal, where can you get stuff adonized? web site?
Old 09-28-2004, 10:11 PM
camra88

Get yourself a nice radio
What would a nicer radio then stock give you in performance? I mean, stock seems to do just what it was intended to... I'm just wondering what the difference is.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:33 PM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: nitromacguyver

thermal, where can you get stuff adonized? web site?
You can find places on the web, or look in the phone book... You might find one just up the street from you house, You never Know!!
Old 09-28-2004, 10:34 PM
creyc

While it's true the stock radio does the job, there's nothing like a high quality radio in terms of build quality, reliability and overall feel. You'll also get many extra options with a computer radio system that simply aren't available with a stock unit.

One thing I've always hated about the cheap transmitters included with RTS's is the trims, they are a physical dial on the handle that can easily be bumped while either driving or not. On a computer radio these will typically be digital buttons that allow for the finest of adjustment (especially with sub-trims) and they can't get turned accidentally. You also get better control over individual endpoint adjustment in either direction and for every channel. Say the breaks are wearing down and you now have reduced stopping power, just adjust the end point of the throttle servo in the breaking direction and it's fixed.

You can also find additions such as multiple model memory allowing you to use one high end controller for all of your RC models. These individual model memory allocations save every setting you program in about the truck so switching to an electric touring car from a nitro monster truck is just a button click. Not to mention the benefits of an FM signal, resulting in greatly increased range and reduced glitching and interference. And many high end systems are "synthesized" meaning there are no crystals. If someone else if on your channel simply type in a new number, from a broad range of about 30 total. Excellent for large gatherings or races where interference may be a problem.

Clearly a high end radio is the way to go when you start to get into multiple vehicles or are just looking to increase your options.