RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Whats bad about the MGT?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 08:45 PM
MT RC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats bad about the MGT?

Sorry I have to ask this again but I really need to know. What are the goods and bads of the MGT. I need to knowthis because I am EXTREMELY stuck between the Savage and the MGT, I am slightly looking into the Revo, it loks nice but I have heard badthings about there engines. So please tell me what you think. I would also like to know the BADS of the Savage if possible. Thanks again!
Old 10-23-2004, 08:46 PM
oatmealman
Banned

Default RE: Whats bad about the MGT?

everything

p.s this is a JOKE
Old 10-23-2004, 08:47 PM
MT RC

lol
Old 10-23-2004, 09:02 PM
MT RC

So is anyone gonna acually "help" me or what?
Old 10-23-2004, 09:47 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Center of gravity is high on the Savage, you can roll it easy at speed. The pluses it starts easy, has good power and speed, + tons of aftermarket goodies. I've been reading good reviews on the 2.5r in the Revo. I've heard its a good truck. I own all 3 but have only managed to run the Savage and the TNX. I love the TNX simply awesome, in every area, speed, hilling climbing, akward terraign.
Old 10-23-2004, 10:17 PM
creyc

The high center of gravity certainly does hurt the truck. Just today I hit a savage head on at full speed on both vehicles in an electric TC3 and it sent the Savage flying and eventually slid to a stop on its lid. I'm sure my LST would have been able to drive right up and over the lil' TC3.
Old 10-24-2004, 12:07 AM
rc_monster

THE MONSTER GT ROCKS, SIMPLY THE BEST (SO FAR AT LEAST)
Old 10-24-2004, 01:00 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

theyre both good imo ..i both run them on a bmx track that this teens built in our area..so this track shows them no mercy at all on jumps ...i kno the savage would survive this but i didnt expect my mgt to do the same ..mgt is more raceable imo..i would recommend both so in this case ..what ever attracts u most will be the one.. uwont go wrong on either one of them..mgts stock engine is also easy to tune
Old 10-24-2004, 05:02 AM
tristy

it depends on what you want it for if you want it for bashing i would definetly get the savage if you want it for a bit of both i would get the revo.Ive never driven an mgt but i heard they are ok for a bit of both aswell they are all good so its up to you goodluck
Old 10-24-2004, 08:50 AM
MT RC

I wil be bashing so i need durabi;ilty and a ltitlle racing mabye. So now what do y HAVE TO SAY ALSO WHAT ABOUT TTHE REVOS CARBS ARENT THE *****ES OR SOMTHING?
Old 10-24-2004, 01:12 PM
fourwheeler

The MGT is also very durable just not as durable as the savage. I love both or should I say all my trucks. The MGT stock engine is a little underpowered but the handling of the MGT is far better than the Savage 21. I am unsure if the savage 25 is any different in the handling area as both my savages are the 21s. The radio that comes with the savage is also superior to the MGT radio. I had to replace my MGT radio with a Futaba to get good results. ut all in all as the thread topic was what is bad about the MGT the only thing I can think of are the A-arms although I have not had a problem.
Old 10-24-2004, 01:42 PM
Tnx_4_life

if u want a bit of racing go for TNX or revo. they are the mroe racing typ of bashers.

Tim
Old 10-24-2004, 02:02 PM
MT RC

Thanks again!
Old 10-24-2004, 02:49 PM
breakin2

I had an MGT and the only bad thing I didn't like about it was this:

Old 10-24-2004, 02:58 PM
Kemo

ok what did that have to do with the topic? it was a fail at funny for sure. My major downfall from coming close to "wanting" a MGT is the weight and the weak engine that comes with it. The day it came out, AE dropped out "UPGRADES" to make it lighter off the bat. If AE just slapped those parts on there standard, the MGT would be selling quicker, but AE is no better than Traxxas or HPI... they are all guilty of this.

Subtract some weight and slap in a more powerful motor, maybe the MGT is a great racer.
Old 10-24-2004, 05:49 PM
breakin2

Sorry if my humor eludes you. I thought a joke at Ashlee Simpson's expense was both timely and witty. My most humblest apologies. From now on I'll follow your lead and add information to threads that everyone already knows.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:23 PM
popa71

Now that was funny!!!!!!!
ORIGINAL: breakin2

Sorry if my humor eludes you. I thought a joke at Ashlee Simpson's expense was both timely and witty. My most humblest apologies. From now on I'll follow your lead and add information to threads that everyone already knows.
Old 10-24-2004, 11:36 PM
Kemo

ORIGINAL: breakin2

No its not that, its that even in the last comment u said... again... the humor? where is it? The guy asked what was bad about the MGT, not for some weird vid of a pansey bouncing around.
Old 10-25-2004, 05:16 AM
tristy

i've had my revo for about a week or two now and nothings gone wrong with it except it being a ***** to start on the 3rd tank of break-in but all trucks have these pains during break-in.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:03 AM
breakin2

ORIGINAL: rccars411

No its not that, its that even in the last comment u said... again... the humor? where is it? [/quote]

Some advice: If you want to insult someone on a site that's in English, try to phrase your insults in English.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:35 AM
Gulliver Foyle

The MGT is a great truck. I don't race, don't care about racing, but I bash every week and with a bunch of guys and the trucks that keep going are the MGTs and the Savages. As far as the MGT being underpowered out of the box, I don't know who started that B.S., but the TT engine will smoke the Savage .25 out of the box. I can pull up my front or rear wheels basically at will. Wanna see? Go to the video's section and look for post's by Niffken. Want more power with the MGT? There is video of it with an RB .28 that walks buggies. Only issues I am aware of with the MGT are sometimes the fuel system is leaky (air) and the second gear shaft. I sheared mine in half after 5 tanks, AE sent me a new one citing that I might have gotten an old stock shaft (truck actually). I have 2 tanks with the new shaft so the jury is still out for me. Otherwise the truck has been fantastic.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:16 AM
MacManInfi

I've had a MGT for about two weeks now. I can't really find anything "bad" about it... if I had to choose something, I'd say that the brakes could be better. I'm sure they're good for the track, but I like to be able to really slam on the brakes when I'm bashing. Should be simple to upgrade though.

On the plus side, there's a lot of good stuff about the MGT. I own a Savage SS, GS Storm, GS Storm SUT, EMaxx, Mammoth and the MGT, so I have a lot to compare it to. I like the way that the MGT handles, especially over bumps. And it comes from the factory with a lot of really impressive parts: Reverse, CVD's (no dogbones to fall out), Fuel Primer (I like the primer so much that I've added it to every other nitro vehicle), a gas tank that works upside down (probably the best invention ever if you bash them as hard as I do), a strong steering servo (yes, there are much better servos, but this one is great for a stock unit) and the shaft start system (although I switched it over to a rotostart). Not to mention how easy it is to work on (I hate working on the Savage). I've bashed the MGT pretty hard so far too, and haven't broken anything. I broke my Savage on the very first run, lol.

Anyhow, I love the truck. It's my current favorite for all around racing, bashing, whatever. And I managed to pick it up as a refurbished kit from Associated off ebay for only $300 (awesome deal).

-Mac
Old 11-03-2004, 03:20 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

that tt21 is a nice engine and easy to tune ..it smoked a savage in the race track and it was like 3rd place againts the 2 dominators with os engines ..imagine a monster truck chasing a truggy ?i like mgt's handling better than my savs handling on corners ..without steering hop ups savs steering is nothing ccompared to mgt stock..my mgt can also handle what ever my savage does
Old 11-12-2004, 06:36 PM
MGT_RaceX

Nice to know. I'm getting one next Monday.