Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

MGT Front Driveline Prob....

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 08:28 PM
epicrc10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MGT Front Driveline Prob....

My brother and I are both fairly new to RC. This past weekend my brother got a Monster GT from a trusted guy at our LHS. The problem is that the front driveline from the tranny to the front diff keeps coming out. We have lock-tighted and let it sit over night.. That didn't work. We tried making a clip to hold it in. It lasts longer but still doesn't hold. The truck has only had about a gallon total ran through it. ( The guy at the hobby shop has 25+ trucks). It's still in great shape but this is the only problem with it. Any help would be great. Thanks
Old 11-01-2004, 08:43 PM
ThermalRD

Default RE: MGT Front Driveline Prob....

Heat shrink tubing. Thats the only fix i know of. When i ran the MGT i had gone thru soo many CVD pins. Every night at the track i would have a cvd pin come out, or break. I tried red loctite, never worked. I cranked em down, and they broke. I really hated the AE cvd's on that truck. Maybe replace them with the MIP brand. But most of the guys i know just used heat shrink tubing.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:26 PM
epicrc10

Default RE: MGT Front Driveline Prob....

Thanks for the info... I will give it a try and see how it works..