Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

DIRT BURNER!!!! 11-23

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 12:54 PM
ThermalRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIRT BURNER!!!! 11-23

Just got back from Dirt Burners, and snapped some pics. I've gotta say, the track looks awesome! Great job guys. I cant wait for Sundays' nitro race. Its gonna be a blast. Check out the pics!

Old 11-23-2004, 02:03 PM
SNOW

Default RE: DIRT BURNER!!!! 11-23

Man I wished I lived closer. Only indoor around here is electric.[]
Old 11-23-2004, 02:22 PM
tamiya08
My Feedback: (10)

sweet, cant wait for practice friday, hope my truck dont break.... to bad you cant make it for practice, looks like we will have to learn to not go so fast, looks like lots of turns and jumps.

chris
ps: have you been on all day? i checked the website at school and you were on. dont you have work to do?
Old 11-23-2004, 02:53 PM
binaryterror

I have alot of pre-driving gripes on this new design. I didn't want to whine or complain on rcpimp, so I'll do it here

Here the ones that might cause the biggest problems. Again I can't confirm until I drive on it.

1. Straight ends in a cinder block wall (CRUNCH).
2. Track lanes are real close (meaning more corss overs and more possible damage).
3. Pit lane is super narrow...people are going to have to pick up the vehicle to fuel and not leave on the track
Old 11-23-2004, 03:00 PM
ThermalRD

Tamiya Kid, i've been on several sites today. No, i dont have work to do. Well, i did clean my tires up, and i do plan on doing some things to the Revo. lol. Wait, its 3 o'clock, i've gotta go get my daughter from school in about 5 more minutes.
Old 11-23-2004, 03:03 PM
tamiya08

ORIGINAL: binaryterror

I have alot of pre-driving gripes on this new design. I didn't want to whine or complain on rcpimp, so I'll do it here

Here the ones that might cause the biggest problems. Again I can't confirm until I drive on it.

1. Straight ends in a cinder block wall (CRUNCH).
2. Track lanes are real close (meaning more corss overs and more possible damage).
3. Pit lane is super narrow...people are going to have to pick up the vehicle to fuel and not leave on the track
lol, runing into the wall, has happened, ive seen it, just make sure you have extra shock shafts, and a fail safe, and throttle return spring. youll be good, just dont gun it, you truck has alot of torque it looked like.
i think that quad, might need more space to get up that. i dunno, cant say much now.

sunday, i was doing so good in practice, then i dunno how, i hit the pilar, and i bent a turnbuckle? which is in the back of the truck, but i kno how it happen, i hit the wheel and it bent it back, shows you how tuff the upright is, even after i drilled it out, to fit a tmaxx cva in it. easy fix.
Old 11-23-2004, 03:06 PM
tamiya08

anyone, wanna guess what the suspension setup should be? tight, loose........medium,
think ill run a 2 soft springs, and 2 medium in the back, and 2 hard in the front, and see if i can remove 2 shocks...lol i dunno why.
Old 11-23-2004, 03:15 PM
elite
My Feedback: (2)

BT

I just went again and I will comment on a few things..

1 - the pit lane is narrow, but the design is perfect in and out. Its gonna be one of those things where you cant be an ass, you just nice and slow make your way to your pitman.....thats all.
2 - the wall issue, ya.....its there but on the plus side that turn is wide so there is alot of room....with a few laps I think itll be easily learned but now that you made that point maybe we can ask them to add some tubing at the wall 4-5 feet maybe....so if you do kill that turn maybe you can avoid some damage.
3 - lanes are narrow, you could get stick between the middle lanes ya...but the cool thing is there are larger turns so you can make your passes there.

All and all its gonna be fun......what I fould odd, was they posted that nitro people must be 16 years of age now, I wonder why?
Old 11-23-2004, 03:23 PM
tamiya08

ORIGINAL: elite

BT

I just went again and I will comment on a few things..

1 - the pit lane is narrow, but the design is perfect in and out. Its gonna be one of those things where you cant be an ass, you just nice and slow make your way to your pitman.....thats all.
2 - the wall issue, ya.....its there but on the plus side that turn is wide so there is alot of room....with a few laps I think itll be easily learned but now that you made that point maybe we can ask them to add some tubing at the wall 4-5 feet maybe....so if you do kill that turn maybe you can avoid some damage.
3 - lanes are narrow, you could get stick between the middle lanes ya...but the cool thing is there are larger turns so you can make your passes there.

All and all its gonna be fun......what I fould odd, was they posted that nitro people must be 16 years of age now, I wonder why?

ummm to drive alone? this totaly blows, i have 2 nitros i drive on that track, and i want to buy a third one to drive on there. crap.. this for racing, or practice, or both?, ill just ignore it, and have one of you pay for my entry fee
Old 11-23-2004, 03:38 PM
binaryterror

Thanks for helping with the clearing up Sandor. I am only worried about those things, the track looks great, better than I thought really.

Sacky (race director) explained in the new pit all vehicles needing a refuel will have to be lifted. So that really makes the pitlane super cool.

Why under 16? Could be a few things, insurance could be one and well lack of experience, but that isn't really fair some of those kids drive better than many of the adults you know. Also with the less experienced hacking and bad driving is getting real bad...maybe they want to sinlge out the young kids (not cool).

Wouldn't it be cool if for the next track we could be given graphed out sheets of paper (I'll print and make for free) and then those designed turned into Ed and the guys to decide on a winner...it'd be hella neat
Old 11-23-2004, 03:38 PM
elite

GOTCHA LOL.......
Old 11-23-2004, 03:39 PM
elite

BT I like that idea....ALOT...

post it on pimp.....or i will....
Old 11-23-2004, 03:40 PM
tamiya08

ORIGINAL: elite

GOTCHA LOL.......
another one of these jokes? lol, sorry sandor, your not alowed any more at DB.

i also like your idea BT, im not much of a free hand drawer..except my flames, but with a striaght edge i could design a sweet track, i have been thinking of since the last track.
Old 11-23-2004, 03:55 PM
binaryterror

Yeah if they (DB) gave me the exact dimensions or let me measure I'd be allot about making them while bored at work.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:33 PM
ThermalRD

Well, i was able to sqeeze in some time on the track today. Tested my new setup too. The track is awesome. Its gonna be hard for guys that cant time jumps though. For me, it fealt really smooth. The track is sweet. Oh and by the way...Standard maxx wheels, or HPI Q6 wheels in this case, DO hit the suspension arm. The rubbed pretty bad up front, and i believe they are the cause of the knuckle breaking tonight. As for the LST, it did what it always does. It broke on the first tank! What a surprise.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:10 PM
oatmealman
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

haaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaa,lol,j/k,i odn't get it sell the dumb thing it never works,and is impossible to get it runnning for more that a couple of tanks,i'm not dissing the lst or anything it's just stupid to pay 700 bones for a truck that never has and never will work for a long peroid of time
Old 11-24-2004, 08:24 PM
tamiya08

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

Well, i was able to sqeeze in some time on the track today. Tested my new setup too. The track is awesome. Its gonna be hard for guys that cant time jumps though. For me, it fealt really smooth. The track is sweet. Oh and by the way...Standard maxx wheels, or HPI Q6 wheels in this case, DO hit the suspension arm. The rubbed pretty bad up front, and i believe they are the cause of the knuckle breaking tonight. As for the LST, it did what it always does. It broke on the first tank! What a surprise.
so how was the wheels rubbing on the arm? too bad for the LST, its a bummer it wont run without breaking, it looked to me it was running good in practice last sunday.

chris
Old 11-24-2004, 08:45 PM
ThermalRD

I'll look closer at the LST tonight. It appears the pin came out of the CVD joint, and snapped. Or snapped, then came out. I'll have her all fixed up for track time. I still want to know my lap times with that truck, compared to the revo. After driving them both tonight, the Revo feels soo much smoother. I'll take a pic of the arm, where the wheel hits.
Old 11-24-2004, 08:59 PM
ThermalRD

Here is a pic of the arm, where the wheel was rubbing.

Here is the other arm where the wheel rubbed.

Here is a pic of the LST damage. I was wrong. The pin did not slide out, and break on anything. It snapped before it came out. I know this because the pin is still in place. Well, half of it anyway.
Old 11-24-2004, 09:24 PM
tamiya08

was the wheel rubbing before that? if so i wonder how much it was slowing you down, 2 much chamber? was it showing any signs of wear on the top?

chris
Old 11-24-2004, 09:28 PM
ThermalRD

Nope, those marks were not there before i ran with those Q6 wheels. No signs of wear on the upper arms or anything.
Old 11-24-2004, 09:32 PM
tamiya08

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

Nope, those marks were not there before i ran with those Q6 wheels. No signs of wear on the upper arms or anything.
well the q6 are maxxed size wheels, i thought the revo could only take 40 series?

chris
Old 11-24-2004, 11:09 PM
Nitro Rustler Racer

what about all those nitro fuems?

ORIGINAL: SNOW

Man I wished I lived closer. Only indoor around here is electric.[]
Old 11-24-2004, 11:13 PM
binaryterror

Matt, why you running the Q6's and DirtBones for smaller diameter meaning more off the line?
Old 11-24-2004, 11:26 PM
ThermalRD

That is actually a very common error. The 40 series has a smaller diameter than the standard bow tie. The dirt bone, or standard bow tie is narrower, and provides better steering than a 40 series tire. I really liked the way they handled on the track today. The perfect tire will probably end up being the Traxxas response, or the Panther Python. They combine the benefits of both the regular narrow tire, and the low profile of the 40 series. I can only imagine how they will perform. I want them BAD!!!!
ORIGINAL: binaryterror

Matt, why you running the Q6's and DirtBones for smaller diameter meaning more off the line?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.