Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Best Basher/Racer/Climber

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 10:24 PM
jjm88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Basher/Racer/Climber

I'm new to the RC hobby and am considering on buying an RC Monster Truck and I seriously need some input on this. I want a truck that as well as being durable, it is also fast and has excellent steering, suspension and handeling. I want precision when I'm looking to spend a large amount of money on a truck. I've considered the HPI Savage .25 RTR, Team Losi LST, Duratrax Warhead, and Traxxas Revo. I'm leaning towards the Savage because of its excellent durability to bash and jump. I don't trust the Revo because the TRX 2.5 engine is a little small. I'm not sure about the LST, and for the Duratrax Warhead all have to wait and see. So would some individuals out there kindly supply me with some guidance. I'm looking for something that can you can climb steep inclines with, bash the hell out of, race with and have know probelm fixing a couple of minor breaks. Your hlep is needed so give me some guidance I would appreciate it. Thank You!
Old 11-26-2004, 08:44 AM
fourwheeler

Default RE: Best Basher/Racer/Climber

You are looking for the perfect RC truck that we all are looking for. All the trucks have their good ponts so do a search here and see which one you like best. Today's manufacturers are putting out some really good RTR's so pick one you like and go with it.
Old 11-26-2004, 09:24 AM
physco

go with lst it has a low gear for climbing high gear for racing mine does 42 mhp and it comes with one of the best radio's you can buy i owen a savage and a revo I love my lst the most i use it's radio for all of my other trucks but just get what you like
Old 11-26-2004, 10:48 AM
AJ DRAGON

Wait until spring. All the RC car companies are releasing ether Brand new M.T.'s or better upgraded ver.'s of there current M.T. this winter.
Old 11-26-2004, 11:11 AM
jjm88

Really? Then maybe all take your word for it. But I still need a suggestion to what brand I should buy.
Old 11-26-2004, 11:11 AM
oatmealman
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

i would get the revo the best of all the world is in one little tiny box
Old 11-26-2004, 04:08 PM
Will239

id go with LST. Good cg for racing, low/high gear ratios for climbing. Strong and fast
Old 11-26-2004, 04:09 PM
Kemo

Revo can and will beat it, its more aggressive.
Old 11-26-2004, 04:23 PM
estella

ill go for team losi LST
Old 11-26-2004, 04:27 PM
jjm88

I'm leaning towards the LST but then again I don't know much about any of these trucks. I like the LST, but I alos like the Savage once more I need more peoples info.
Old 11-26-2004, 04:29 PM
oatmealman
Banned

lol the lst has so many problems they should have held it back for a year or 2 and make it bullet proof,as it stands the lst is a pos
Old 11-26-2004, 04:32 PM
estella

i have a savage and took a lot of money to make it more durable and can be race and bash but no regrets,me too im leaning towards LST because of its ability in both ways and the support of what i heard from people's comments are great.
Old 11-26-2004, 04:35 PM
oatmealman
Banned

i wouldn't go with the lst's go to there forums and see al the problems there having with them
Old 11-26-2004, 04:41 PM
estella

every RC has its own problem and there´s nothing in this world that is perfect so no regrets of what ever you´re buying and it is the owners responsibility to make it better in my own opinion.
Old 11-26-2004, 04:44 PM
oatmealman
Banned

thats true sorry[]
Old 11-26-2004, 07:15 PM
fourwheeler

I own an LST and I have no regrets, true it does have it's issues but so far all I have broken on the truck is 1 axle. I can't tell you how many savage dogbones I have used.
Old 11-27-2004, 06:30 AM
NitroNoob

I'd go either the Revo or LST. Both are race worthy out of the box, but the Revo is slightly a better basher, but the LST does come with a nice radio.
Old 11-27-2004, 12:37 PM
Tyler24

I'm new to the R/C world too.. i'm going to get the Savage SS kit so i can pick my own parts
Old 11-27-2004, 05:18 PM
jjm88

Why does everyone like the Revo so much? from what I see its a piece. Its TRX 2.5 engine is a bit small if I don't say. I want a truck with a beastly engine not some little on road car nitro engine you know whats up with these peolple? I like trucks that have big blocks not small blocks Traxxas needs to do some engine building and get their heads unstuck so there trucks have what it takes to call them Monster trucks. Anyone agree or disagree?
Old 11-27-2004, 06:47 PM
Tnx_4_life

disagree, the funyn thing is, when u put a .25 on a revo it will out run evrything lol. thats the beuty of smallblock. on a .18 it performs great, so BB will be even better. same goes for tnx.
Old 11-27-2004, 07:21 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jjm88

Why does everyone like the Revo so much? from what I see its a piece. Its TRX 2.5 engine is a bit small if I don't say. I want a truck with a beastly engine not some little on road car nitro engine you know whats up with these peolple? I like trucks that have big blocks not small blocks Traxxas needs to do some engine building and get their heads unstuck so there trucks have what it takes to call them Monster trucks. Anyone agree or disagree?

I agree. The TRX 2.5 is far from beastly, and it's a real pain in the arss to keep it running right. It's too small for a monster truck.

The Revo would be great if it weren't for that weak-kneed engine, and you can't drop in something bigger without totally rebuilding the drivetrain, because it was only engineered to handle a .15. The Revo only dominates in the small-block class, because there is less competition. It gets smoked against the real monsters.
Old 11-27-2004, 07:23 PM
jjm88

Exactly! anyone else agree or disagree?
Old 11-27-2004, 07:36 PM
Pinolelst

meh' Based on my two friends with Revos and me owning an LST I'd say Revo is smaller,lighter and can turn tighter.LST is faster off the line and has the low range option for rockcrawling without burning up your clutch and due to it's size fares better in the real rough stuff.1 of my friends Revo has never run right and the other runs like a well oiled sewing machine.My LSt's engine had metal shavings in it from the factory but once that's been sorted out it starts first bump almost every time and for some reason has an affinity for rolling right over my friends Revos in the straight away.

What's your local Hobby Shop support as well is an important question.Won't matter which you choose if the local shop refuses to stock repair parts and you're stuck with mail ordering everything all the time
Old 11-27-2004, 11:08 PM
fastcrash

ORIGINAL: jefx

ORIGINAL: jjm88

I agree. The TRX 2.5 is far from beastly, and it's a real pain in the arss to keep it running right. It's too small for a monster truck.

The Revo would be great if it weren't for that weak-kneed engine, and you can't drop in something bigger without totally rebuilding the drivetrain, because it was only engineered to handle a .15. The Revo only dominates in the small-block class, because there is less competition. It gets smoked against the real monsters.

funny thing is, that revo won the manufacturers box stock monster truck class race(national roar sanctioned race) with that "weak-kneed engine", and that race has been dominated by the t-maxx with that "weak-kneed engine". and since when have any hi performance racers of any sort been built big, heavy, and powerful? the revo is smaller(1/10 scale) and much lighter than other racers( except for the maxx which is still the lightest. ask racer411 for more 411 on the race im refering to , he made a post on that topic.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:14 PM
mr-rccrazy

umm, best basher/racer/climber? Are you speaking of 3 different trucks? Best crawler trucks: Solid axle trucks, kyosho mad force or XTM x-factor, Best racers: Revo, TNX, etc., best bashers: savage, revo makes an ok basher, same with tnx. But, if you were more specific on what you wanted, it would be easier to recommend a truck for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.