Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Mammoth v.sthe trinty nitro spider

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Mammoth v.sthe trinty nitro spider

Old 12-08-2004, 03:03 PM
<conrad>

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mammoth v.sthe trinty nitro spider

i currently have a mammoth and ive just heard about the spider which one do u think is better which ones faster and more durable ive been thinking of gettin one for christmas
thank u for your help
Old 12-08-2004, 04:39 PM
binaryterror

Default RE: Mammoth v.sthe trinty nitro spider

I don't own or have driven the Spyder, but I have played with it at my LHS, and I am throughly unimpressed completely.

The shocks are bad...as in not smooth at all. The wheels are 19mm so only the Genesis wheels or ThunderQuake wheels will fit at all. The body is shear ugliness in a box!

The engine is the highlight as it is the SH, which is a good brand. All the magazines are complaining the clutch is trash...but those are cheap.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:28 PM
ITHURTZ
Banned

faster than a mammoth? PAAAA LEASE!!!! stick with what you got and make it own
Old 12-08-2004, 06:25 PM
mr-rccrazy

I would say the trinity spyder does not look promising for its huge price tag, i would say just save that money and modify your mammoth, or if you want to race, buy a good truggy or a revo for that price.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:34 PM
Jerry Williams

I kinda agree the Spider is ... ok but not great... Nice Engine... I've seen one and to ME it looks Sort of like a Savage with a bigger motor - Jerry
Old 12-08-2004, 07:36 PM
speedyz

Ok here is my comment about the Spyder. I have the new Monster Spyder. I also have a Losi LST, MGT, Savage SS, Savage 21, Revo, T-maxx, and Sportmaxx. I recently took my Spyder and Lst to my local track. I compared them. The Spyder is awsome. It jumps perfectly due to its excellent wight distribution. The steering is very tight. The engine is incredible. Yes I agree about the 19mm hex was a wrong choice because of a compatibility issue with T-maxx standard 14mm hex. The Spyder wheels are compatible with the Proline Bow tie 40 series tires. The stock tires on the Spyder are not racing tires. Neither are most tires that come with most ready to runs trucks. I agree about the suspension on the Spyder it is too hard. On the track the Spyder performed very well and much better than I expected. On the big jumps and big bumps on the track, the Spyder did very well. It was only on the small bumps where the Spyder had a problem. The Spyder even with the stock tires peformed very well. Ok, against my Losi LST, the Spyder was a great contender. I would have to say that the Spyder gave my LST a very good run. LST. The LST is a lot harder to control on the track. I found the Spyder to be not as difficult to control on the track as my LST. Yes, the LST will out run the Spyder, but thats pretty much it. The LST is also a lot lighter and has a more powerfull engine.
Ok, views on the Truggy Mammoth, yes I said Truggy. The mammoth is a truggy. Look at the chassis and suspension. The transmission on the Mammoth is not enclosed, typical truggy. Yes its faster and probally lighter. XTM? huh.. the Mammoth is an XTM right? You should not compare a MT and a Truggy. They are different. Some people prefer Truggies and thats ok. But, truggies should not be compared to a true MT. I have seen many races where a Truggy has easily taken on the best MT driver. Infact some races are starting to separate the MT's and truggies. The Mammoth could be compared to the GS Unlimited Truggy or an Ofna Truggy. The bottom line is I tested my Spyder on the track and it rocked, and it was impressing. Ok the clutch issue thats a result from people who don't know how the adjust the speed on the Spyder. If the 2 speed is not adjusted properly the Spyder could easily start off in second gear which could easily burn out the clutch.