Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

need advise on first truck Revo

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

need advise on first truck Revo

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 02:02 AM
Keith-OH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need advise on first truck Revo

Hi, I am looking at getting my first gas truck. I used to be into rc cars back when the fox, frog, hornet......... was around. I see the RC world has changed a lot since then. So mabey you guys can help me figure out what to order. My past cars where all electric so I have a lot to learn here. The truck I found that I like is the REVO. Looks to be an all around good truck. So I am looking to order the REVO Kit. I found it for $439.95 shipped at http://www.ultimatehobbies.com//p618.html . So what should I order that does not come in this kit? Extra glow plugs? How much fuel? engine temp guage?......... I dont have a hobby shop anywhere around here so I want to order every thing I need online. It is winter here in Ohio now so would you wait untill spring or order it or get it now? Does anyone know if they plan on making a changes to the Revo in the next few months?

Thanks,

Keith
Old 12-09-2004, 02:17 AM
voodoo
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: need advise on first truck Revo

your gonna need the temp gauge and it doesnt hurt to pick up a few extra glow plugs. if you dont mind my asking, where in ohio are you?
Old 12-09-2004, 02:21 AM
Keith-OH

I am from sidney. I see you are also from ohio. I am also looking for a local track if you know of any.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:39 AM
voodoo
My Feedback: (6)

how close to dayton are you? theres a track there called the x dome i dont really know anything about i havent been there myself yet you can find more info about it here http://www.ohionitro.com
Old 12-09-2004, 02:40 AM
dkf1979

Fuel, glow ignitor, glow plugs, and a temp gauge. That should be your basics. I would search this forum for comments about weak parts for the revo. Find out what usually breaks, or will need to be upgraded. And order a couple of those. That way when the inevitable happens, you'll be ready. No waiting a week to get back to running your new toy! Ordering online you want to get it all at once so you can save on shipping!!
Old 12-09-2004, 03:26 AM
Keith-OH

thanks for all the info guys. I live about 45 N of dayton. I just checked out that track. It looks awesome!!!!

later,

Keith
Old 12-09-2004, 11:10 AM
neb

Well the problems i had were the shock ends were a little weak, i obviously purchased one of the earlier ones as that was a problem, traxxas has now fixed it, but if your unlucky enough to get one of the older ones traxxas will send you plenty of spares. You may also need a glow igniter like dkf1979 said, the ez would not ignite my engine while i was running it in, but after it worked fine. Other than that it is a great truck so have fun with it