Tnx Custom Exhaust *Pics*

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 05:34 PM
ScMc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tnx Custom Exhaust *Pics*

Sweet Exhaust Set-Up Version 4.0

[IMaGe]http://www.SkyCache.com/img/MVC_015F3.JPG[/IMaGe]

After a lot of hard work, blood (I cut myself with a knife... BAD! lol), tears, and sweat, I have completed my TNX's exhaust system for the LAST TIME, praise the Lord, hehe.

I flipped the header over and routed everything out the back, made a hangar out of some heavy wire and insulated it with fuel tubing and heat shrink. The zip ties are there to prevent the hangar from falling off the bumper. There is also a notch i put in the bumper to hold the hangar in place. That freakin wire was sooo hard to shape that i had to use two pairs of vice grips to get it how i wanted it, and it took me no less than like 3 hours to finally get it right, it was basically guess and check. The exhaust is VERY sturdy and is not going anywhere If i had time and money, I woulda made it cleaner, but I think it looks fine messy, kinda makes it look like a basher, which IMO looks pretty cool. My Goal has been accomplished, 100% Gunk-Deflectage and 0% Performance loss...

Here are some more pics...

[Image]http://www.SkyCache.com/img/MVC_003F1.JPG[/Image]
[IMage]http://www.SkyCache.com/img/MVC_007F2.JPG[/Image]

[Image]http://www.SkyCache.com/img/MVC_011F1.JPG[/img]

That is the truck's actual stance, I didnt push it down or anything... I love how it sits so low and wide. Looks mean IMO

Please feel free to share any comments you might have about my truck or my exhaust setup (But please dont Hi-jack my thread again) Thanks for lookingScMc
Old 12-10-2004, 05:43 PM
tamiya08
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Tnx Custom Exhaust *Pics*

thats what i was talking about, tell us how it works like that.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:07 PM
ScMc

Yah I will. Do u think The rearend needs any protection? If so, what could i do?
Old 12-10-2004, 06:25 PM
KaliFormuLA

sweet idea... i've seen that done on crushers but never a tnx. run it, jump it and tell us how it feels... before and after.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:27 PM
KaliFormuLA

i wonder if a shorter tuned pipe would fit under the body.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:34 PM
ScMc

Ahhhh, thanks for reminding me Kali, i was at work earlier and I was really bored and I was thinking about my truck and i had a great idea and that was it...

Does anybody know of a shorter-than-stock exhaust pipe that won't protrude out of the body or atleast be a little more on board than the stocker is? And also, what is the best tuned pipe on the market for low end torque and mid range? Thanks a lot.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:42 PM
KaliFormuLA

ORIGINAL: ScMc

Ahhhh, thanks for reminding me Kali, i was at work earlier and I was really bored and I was thinking about my truck and i had a great idea and that was it...

Does anybody know of a shorter-than-stock exhaust pipe that won't protrude out of the body or atleast be a little more on board than the stocker is? And also, what is the best tuned pipe on the market for low end torque and mid range? Thanks a lot.
my big tube header and savage pipe is shorter then the stock tnx header/pipe. hopefully i can find the time this weekend to flip it and see how fits.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:57 PM
Tnx_4_life

wonder how whoel ur header and exhaust be after a landing on the back end just MHO
Old 12-10-2004, 06:58 PM
ScMc

Yah, I dont think it will work... The stock header is symmettric so it can be used either way and not change the position of the pipe, just rotates it perfectly 180* ... Your big tube header (correct me if im wrong) goes down so that the pipe can be on the chassis instead of lifted about an inch off the chassis like the stock header does. So since the header puts the pipe lower, it would in turn make the pipe a lot higher if you flipped it around, see what im saying? So unless you can somehow get an adjustable coupling to angle the pipe downward, I dont know how you'd make it work. Thanks, ScMc
Old 12-10-2004, 07:21 PM
KaliFormuLA

yeah... i see what your saying and i was thinking the same thing but i'll mess around with it and see how it goes. if it'll fit under the body then i'll try running it like that and see how it feels.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:41 PM
ScMc

Trust me, it wont fit under the body if you have that big tube header, Look how close my setup came to not fitting and Im using the stock header. I'd use the stock one, i looked inside it and it didnt look to restrictive so maybe that would be your best bet...
Old 12-10-2004, 07:45 PM
Nitro Rustler Racer

nice man, i am lazy and just bought a stinger(i have a rusty soon gonna have a MT)
Old 12-10-2004, 07:59 PM
KaliFormuLA

Trust me, it wont fit under the body if you have that big tube header, Look how close my setup came to not fitting and Im using the stock header. I'd use the stock one, i looked inside it and it didnt look to restrictive so maybe that would be your best bet...
right right... i like the idea but i saw such a big difference with that big tube header that i'd hate to go back to the stocker.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:02 PM
ScMc

I see... can i have a link to the big tube header? And also the pipe you are using. Thanks
Old 12-10-2004, 08:29 PM
KaliFormuLA

I see... can i have a link to the big tube header? And also the pipe you are using. Thanks
[link=http://www.hobbyshopnj.com/gen2header.html]this is the one i got.[/link] i think the high volume header that [link=http://www.neweramodels.com/prod66_tamiya_tnx.htm?session_id=dljastsxcdupqxyht kamrdnumilxejll]NEM[/link] carries is similar. the pipe i'm using right now is a .21 tuned pipe hotbodies makes for a savage(only $15). after install i had to richen the high and low end needles cause the bigger piping was causing it to lean out. i noticed that i was getting close to dialing in the needles when i accidently wheelied it on it's top. i've never wheelied before so i kinda freaked out when it did it LOL. now it's ALL TO THE GOOD... when the OS cvrx heats up to 230-40 it pretty much wheelies on command(on asphalt)... probably 90% of the time.[>:] i highly recommend that header with a .21 pipe(learned it from the terra crusher forum)... i saw a huge difference!
Old 12-10-2004, 08:39 PM
ScMc

Sounds awesome man. How is the .18 cvrx compared to the stock .18? Thanks, ScMc
Old 12-10-2004, 08:55 PM
KaliFormuLA

i personally saw a difference cause my stock os sucked dirt[:@] and even though i got a gallon out of it after the sucking[X(] it was never the same. it seems like the fs-18rs and the cvrx are pretty much the same engine. i was thinking of going big block but with the way it's performing right now i'm glad i saved my mulahhhhh
Old 12-10-2004, 09:09 PM
ScMc

Haha, awesome man. Thats too bad your first engine was scrap... First bad report about it I've seen... Do you know if the .18 cvrx head will fit on the stock TNX engine? That would be sweet.
Old 12-10-2004, 09:11 PM
ScMc

Wait, Kali, do u mean you actually sucked in dirt from the carb or something?
Old 12-11-2004, 08:38 PM
KaliFormuLA

yup... bashed it pretty hard and didn't realize the air filter came off. it was even zip tied... ran around for about 5 minutes before i finally realized. it killed the life of the engine by probably 2 gallons... and i noticed it never performed the same after suckin dirt into the carb. i changed the piston and sleeve but it would run awesome for a tank then act totally different the next tank. then it finally went KAHPOOT! the cvrx sure brought a smile back to my face though lol.
Old 12-11-2004, 08:39 PM
KaliFormuLA

Haha, awesome man. Thats too bad your first engine was scrap... First bad report about it I've seen... Do you know if the .18 cvrx head will fit on the stock TNX engine? That would be sweet.

the stock OS 18 was f'n awesome... that is until i sucked dirt into the carby[:@] the nice blue cvrx head will fit the stock fs18. i'm telling you... those two engines are pretty much identical. THEY BOTH KICK ASS! [>:]