Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

2 Questions please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 07:02 AM
Naim.F.C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Questions please help!!

Basically I have a Savage....I just bought a new Servo, because I wanted more torque (and my other one died on me), but the thing is...
how the HELL do you fit it....?? [&:]
If you look at the pic below you see that it has a completely DIFFERENT top part to the stock Savage servo...
so how am i supposed to fit it? and what are all the spare parts the new one came with? The Servo i bought was the hi-tech 645 Ultra torque.

Ok...second question....
How do I go about fitting this Tuned pipe? Do I just cut the rope ties, remove the rubber....put the new pipe in and re-apply the rubber band as before...and then just add the little front pipe end suppoters (that keep it firmly in place)....or do I actually have to remove the manifold etc?

Heres the pic...any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also I'm having doubts about this pipe....won't it spit fuel all over my rear tires? Should I fit it....or go with the Hot Bodies allouminum pipe....or the HPI ribbed one?

Old 12-16-2004, 08:09 AM
fourwheeler

Default RE: 2 Questions please help!!

As far as the pipe goes just cut the zip-ties and pull the old pipe off, slide the new one back on and put some new zip-ties to hold it on there. The servo question I will leave for someone else as I haven't done the swap and there might be some little black secret to the job.(I doubt it though)
Old 12-16-2004, 08:13 AM
JNS

if your talking about the servo HORN, you can just swap the one on the HPI one with the one on the Hitec i believe
Old 12-16-2004, 08:40 AM
Naim.F.C

ORIGINAL: JNS

if your talking about the servo HORN, you can just swap the one on the HPI one with the one on the Hitec i believe
Ok, I'll try that, its just looking at them...
The Hitech one just looks way more advanced, theres like gearing where the horn connects, and theres nothing of the sort on the HPI one...so I don't know whether i'll be able to just swap horns.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:34 AM
neil.jb

yes you just swap over the servo horns, but before you do connect both servos in turn to you reciever while its powered up with your radio on and make sure they are dead centre
Old 12-16-2004, 10:01 AM
Naim.F.C

ORIGINAL: neil.jb

yes you just swap over the servo horns, but before you do connect both servos in turn to you reciever while its powered up with your radio on and make sure they are dead centre
I dont understand?

U mean...before I swap horns...have it so the serv is...hornless?
Na d turn the wheels until they are centred...then screw on the horn?
Old 12-16-2004, 10:22 AM
neil.jb

no, power up the servos and make sure that they are centered before you change the horns over, that way you know you have the horn in the correct position
Old 12-16-2004, 12:43 PM
uprvr

If that servo is for steering you will want to use a servo saver to protect your servo from stripping the splines. The springs inside the servo saver are designed to protect the servo splines in case you hit your trucks tires causing feedback to the servo head through the steering hardware. If your original one doesn't fit then I would recommend a Kimbrough #124 or something equivalent. I would not recommend using a solid servo horn for a sreering application.
Old 12-16-2004, 03:14 PM
Naim.F.C

I tried to remove the top of the stock servo but I couldnt pry off that little bit I need, and the entire top hald of the stock servo is useless as it is one of the gears in the top half of the stock servo thats been stripped off all its teeth! So....any ideas how I can get this servo to work?
Surely sumone has some knowledge of adding un-stock servos to a savage?

I mean....what about with people who built SS's with HItec servos?

Please help...

pics included...

Old 12-16-2004, 03:23 PM
tamiya08
My Feedback: (10)

on the hpi servo, take a flat head screw driver and gently slide it between the black cirle and the black box, then pop it off, then take a phillips screw driver (+) and on the hitec servo theres a screw on the top, unscrew it, and pull off that white circle. then put on the black circle disk from the hpi servo on the hitec one, once you got it centered.
Old 12-17-2004, 02:55 PM
Ybenjulkay2x

I have a savage s-25, when i bought it for my dauther, it include the other part of the servo horn that will fit in the hitec servo, if one don't fit don't force it , try the other lower part of the servo horn that is included with the kit. That was the black round that you need to fry with a srew driver as miyakido8 mention.