Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Those of you who own many MTs i need your help!!!!plzzzzz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Those of you who own many MTs i need your help!!!!plzzzzz

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 10:13 AM
didrace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Those of you who own many MTs i need your help!!!!plzzzzz

Hello Guys!!!I have already a savage and a TTR Ek4 and i want to buy another MT!I want to find an Mt that is durable enough like the savage!!I want a truck that wont need any modifications in the long run!!!I want it to be fast and powerfull enough to wheely!!!I usually like to do jumping and bashing!!I never race!!But as i said i need a very durable truck because i dont want it to brake if i do a false jump!I was thinking about the associated mgt (BFt) and the tnx!!!The lst i cant get it coz of part support where i live an the same with revo and warehead!!So am left with tnx and mgt (bft)!Any of you guys who own the mgt and the tnx can you help m?Tell me the cons and goods of each car!Tell me how much money will i need to spend to have a bulletproof!!I know they dont have the same suspencion as the savage but what can we do?We cant have everything in this life!!Also i want your help to bullet proof my savage!!My diffs broke i need to buy anew Engine!!I will buy also every part you tell me which i will need for sure for the savage!!Can you help me plz???

Have a nice day!!!!!!!!
Old 12-18-2004, 10:15 AM
DarkSavageX

Default RE: Those of you who own many MTs i need your help!!!!plzzzzz

um tnx
Old 12-18-2004, 11:03 AM
R/C Madman
My Feedback: (1)

I would not let LHS support make your choice for you! The only thing I buy from the LHS is Paint, Bodies, Masking, Fuel, Glow Plugs (from time to time). All the rest I buy online! I like to support the LHS's but, price and selection online can't be beat.
Old 12-18-2004, 12:05 PM
justin_92_92
My Feedback: (2)

I have a mgt and I like it. I am waitting for parts rite now as I rolled it pretty good a buch of timesw and the motor mount screw was lost and the motor shifted and the gear got chewed up. I have only had this 2-3 weeks and I love it though. I can not do wheelies thougha dn i would like to. I think the .26 motor might help that be achieved. I will buy after christmas. I think it is awsome and I would like to get another mgt if I could. It is spactious. lots of room on board. But this is my first MT ever, I like helicopters and I traded two micro helicopters for this.
Old 12-18-2004, 12:11 PM
ScMc

Go for the tnx. The mgt doesn't compare in reliabilty, performance, or durability.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:02 PM
Razoo

I also have a TNX and recommend it, If you get one you might want to buy different shocks. I bought some Traxxas Big Bores (paid $50.00 for them on ebay) and used the Tamiya shock caps to assemble them, and haven't had any problems since. Thats all you really have to do. Its fast, jumps great and doesn't break what more could you ask for?
Old 12-18-2004, 05:12 PM
ScMc

I just used the stock big bore caps with my big bores... Dunno why you'd take plastic caps over aluminum...[&:] They may fit on the truck better but I bet they'll pop off quicker than aluminum caps.
Old 12-18-2004, 06:21 PM
tamiya08
My Feedback: (10)

i would also recomend the tnx, if you like buying most of the parts, hopups online. i have it, havent rly broken anything except a bulkhead and a-arms, but lets face it, its a RC its kinda hard for it NOT to break. both times i broke a part was when i was testing. but both parts did not stop me from driving, the bulk head, i just put a screw in to hold it in place and i went driving agian. the a-arm broke right at the end were the shaft is, didnt stop me either i was still doing 40mph down the street, and not came apart or got lost. i like to drive my cars to there fastest capitbilites aka WOT all the time. going slow aint me. just ask the guys at the track they kno how fast i drive.

if not the tnx, i would also recomend the MGT, heard a couple bad things, but face it ITS LIFE. the truck sounds rly durable. with lots of aftermarket from AE, not so much from other companies as savage has.

what all do are you going to do with this agian? (if you mentioned this b4, dont restate it, i will read the text)
Old 12-19-2004, 05:07 AM
didrace

Thanx guys!!!!!

I went and checked the tnx in tower hobbies and they cant sent it where i live!!!I have to think what i am going to do!!!Any of have videos of these two trucks?

Have a nice day!!!!
Old 12-19-2004, 05:42 AM
Tnx_4_life

ive made several vids of my TNX, there all on rcpics:

[link=http://www.rcpics.net/media.php?trick=Any&type=Any&limit=10&searchstr=tim+fokker&time=1103453182&search=search]My 6 vids[/link]

some of the vids may get boring, but i was newbie when i made the first few vids ( im my last vid the sound quality isnt too good) and looking at the vid again, it seems like im running my TNX a little on the rich side.
Old 12-19-2004, 11:03 AM
lax195

Didrace- try looking on eBay. Most sellers will ship worldwide.
Old 12-19-2004, 11:13 AM
proxpilot
My Feedback: (3)

dont get a mammoth!
Old 12-19-2004, 01:19 PM
didrace

Thank you very much all!!!!
Old 12-19-2004, 01:34 PM
ScMc

Tnx4life, why arent u still making videos?
Old 12-20-2004, 04:26 PM
KaliFormuLA

ORIGINAL: proxpilot

dont get a mammoth!
lol... why? bad experience?
Old 12-20-2004, 04:27 PM
KaliFormuLA

ORIGINAL: didrace

Hello Guys!!!I have already a savage and a TTR Ek4 and i want to buy another MT!I want to find an Mt that is durable enough like the savage!!I want a truck that wont need any modifications in the long run!!!I want it to be fast and powerfull enough to wheely!!!I usually like to do jumping and bashing!!I never race!!But as i said i need a very durable truck because i dont want it to brake if i do a false jump!I was thinking about the associated mgt (BFt) and the tnx!!!The lst i cant get it coz of part support where i live an the same with revo and warehead!!So am left with tnx and mgt (bft)!Any of you guys who own the mgt and the tnx can you help m?Tell me the cons and goods of each car!Tell me how much money will i need to spend to have a bulletproof!!I know they dont have the same suspencion as the savage but what can we do?We cant have everything in this life!!Also i want your help to bullet proof my savage!!My diffs broke i need to buy anew Engine!!I will buy also every part you tell me which i will need for sure for the savage!!Can you help me plz???

Have a nice day!!!!!!!!
i suggest a TNX cause i've got one and my friends that have MT's are all having problems with there trucks right now and i'm the only still having fun
Old 12-20-2004, 04:36 PM
KaliFormuLA

ORIGINAL: Tnx_4_life

ive made several vids of my TNX, there all on rcpics:

[link=http://www.rcpics.net/media.php?trick=Any&type=Any&limit=10&searchstr=tim+fokker&time=1103453182&search=search]My 6 vids[/link]

some of the vids may get boring, but i was newbie when i made the first few vids ( im my last vid the sound quality isnt too good) and looking at the vid again, it seems like im running my TNX a little on the rich side.
dude... you knocked your dad out! LOL! now that's proof of how durable the tnx is... it cracks skulls and keeps on goin.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:35 PM
Jerry Williams

ORIGINAL: didrace

Have a nice day!!!!!!!!
Nice english... J/P I am only foolin. Anyways the TNX is a great truck but also the MGT is. Big Block Compared to a Small Blocky. Both have electric starting systems (MGt has drillstart, TNX electric motor) So it's well be a hard choice both are really great trucks no doubt - GOOD LUCK!
Old 12-22-2004, 12:56 AM
ScMc

ORIGINAL: KaliFormuLA

dude... you knocked your dad out! LOL! now that's proof of how durable the tnx is... it cracks skulls and keeps on goin.
lmao, It was funny but it's very obviously not real (check out the end of the vid) Good way to spice things up though!

Jerry: The stock Mgt with it's big block only goes 35.4 mph. The stock TNX with it's SMALLBLOCK goes 39.23 mph. Need I say more?
Old 12-22-2004, 01:03 AM
fantomas

Jerry: The stock Mgt with it's big block only goes 35.4 mph. The stock TNX with it's SMALLBLOCK goes 39.23 mph. Need I say more?
well lets be honest.. how many people keep the stock engine? I give the MGT a plus because you dont need a big block conversion... comparing stock engines dont mean much these days..
Old 12-22-2004, 01:33 AM
ScMc

The TNX's engine puts out tons of power though, All im saying is that if you break in the .18 that it comes with, you may think twice about going BB.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:02 PM
mr-rccrazy

I have one question..

Why does nobody seem to have truggies anymore? They are fast, durable, and handle really good. I was amazed when I bought my pirate, with the picco comp it accelerates like a rocket and is blazing fast. Turns sharper than most 1/10 scale cars I have owned.

BTW

To do the 4 spider gear modification in your savage's differentials, here are the parts:

(2) http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...0&I=LXDLD4&P=K
(1) http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...0&I=LXT505&P=K

Hope this helps.
Old 12-23-2004, 12:19 AM
fantomas

This is just my opinion, but i like monster trucks.. if i wanted a truggy i would slap a truck body on my buggy.. what ever floats your boat...