Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

xtm wheels and tires

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 02:19 PM
TGreg24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xtm wheels and tires

how does the combination of the brt1s with thorns wheels compare to the bow ties with 40 series dish. also compare the size of the two.
Old 12-18-2004, 04:30 PM
binaryterror

Default RE: xtm wheels and tires

Well the XTM LS are at least 1" taller it seems
Old 12-18-2004, 04:38 PM
TGreg24

sweet i wanted a bigger tire but will that have any affect when racing.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:47 PM
TGreg24

anyone else wanna add
Old 12-21-2004, 10:10 PM
ThermalRD

I have em both, and i've run em both. What truck are you putting them on? Both the BRT's, and the 40's are great tires for racing. I'll take some pics for you to compare size. With the 40's you will notic the truck is a bit quicker. They are lighter, and the truck will be more responsive. There are many traits that go along with the tires being heavier, or lighter. You'll find a heavier tire comibination has a more exaggerated effect in the air, when the throttle, or brake is applied. While the lighter (less rotating mass) tire has the opposite effect. After running the 40's for quite some time i find they are responsive, and allow for some pretty heavy throttle going into turns. The width gives them a drifting feel. They almost completely lack a side wall, and thats a huge part of their performance characteristics. I'll take some pics of the tires side by side, then mounted. You'll see the difference in offset, and size between the two combinations.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:25 PM
ThermalRD

Here is a nice shot to show the overall height of the tire, and the side wall difference.

A good shot of the tread, and width difference.

The effect each setup has on the LST.

And the overall width looks to be slightly narrower with the 40's.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:58 PM
Smokinjoe6450
My Feedback: (6)

[X(][X(][X(] They look like you are comparing buggy tires to mt tires!![X(][X(][X(]

So you like the 40 series for racing? I am looking for new tires for my mammoth. Just wondering what would be the best.....
Old 12-22-2004, 09:55 AM
ThermalRD

For a mammoth? I've never driven one, but from what i can see (long chassis), its not a tight steering truck. Seeing that its got a flat chassis, you dont have to worry too much about side wall flex, and body roll. I'd try a standard maxx size bowtie, or any of the copies. It will give you better steering in tight turns. If steering isnt a problem, then you could go with the 40's. Either combination is good.

ORIGINAL: Smokinjoe6450

[X(][X(][X(] They look like you are comparing buggy tires to mt tires!![X(][X(][X(]

So you like the 40 series for racing? I am looking for new tires for my mammoth. Just wondering what would be the best.....
Old 12-22-2004, 10:56 AM
TGreg24

well ill be using the tnx problable if all goes well. i really like no love the brt1s
sweet well they are heaver? as long as there not heaverier than the stock tires im fine. thx sooo much thermal
Old 12-22-2004, 11:41 AM
ThermalRD

That BRT1 tire and wheel combo will be ALOT heavier than a stock TNX wheel and tire. I would never run them on a small block truck. Using a light weight truck like a TNX, id go with a bow tie, or a set of Revo wheels, with the Python tires.

ORIGINAL: Team_Zero-Star

well ill be using the tnx problable if all goes well. i really like no love the brt1s
sweet well they are heaver? as long as there not heaverier than the stock tires im fine. thx sooo much thermal