Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Ordering New TNX....Need help with some options..

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Ordering New TNX....Need help with some options..

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 08:08 PM
Rush7
My Feedback: (74)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering New TNX....Need help with some options..

Alright guys. My Monster Pirate sold and I am now going to place my order for my brand new TNX from Tower Hobbies. I just need some help ordering my optional parts.
1.) I am ordering new Traxxas Big Bore Shocks along with it.
2.) I am ordering some extra drive-hafts with it.
3.) Is the stock steering servo that comes with it good enough?
4.) Is there any other parts that I should order ahead of time?
5.) I have a 7.2 volt battery that I use in my Hot Bodies Jump Start system, will this battery work okay for the electric start?
6.) Is there anything that I should do when I get it to save on head aches other than follow the manual?
Thanks
Old 12-23-2004, 09:23 PM
remten2001

Default RE: Ordering New TNX....Need help with some options..

The stock steering servo will be just fine just make sure to order a kimbrough 124 servo saver...YOur 7.2 volt battery will be fine for the tamiya starter...I would order 1 or 2 spur gears and some OS A3 or#8 glow plugs...Also order some traxxas rod ends to replace the cheap tamiya ones it will save you problems down the road ,the stock one keeps poping off....iF you get all of these you will be all set...
ORIGINAL: Rush7

Alright guys. My Monster Pirate sold and I am now going to place my order for my brand new TNX from Tower Hobbies. I just need some help ordering my optional parts.
1.) I am ordering new Traxxas Big Bore Shocks along with it.
2.) I am ordering some extra drive-hafts with it.
3.) Is the stock steering servo that comes with it good enough?
4.) Is there any other parts that I should order ahead of time?
5.) I have a 7.2 volt battery that I use in my Hot Bodies Jump Start system, will this battery work okay for the electric start?
6.) Is there anything that I should do when I get it to save on head aches other than follow the manual?
Thanks
Old 12-23-2004, 09:50 PM
Rush7

Does anyone know the part #'s for the drive shafts. I searched all over the Tower Hobbies site and I cant seem to find them.
Thanks for the info wizen2002. I order those parts. Any reason you sold your TNX.
wizen2002 - Which Traxxas rod ends? There is a bunch on the Tower hobbies site.
Old 12-24-2004, 08:42 AM
remten2001

left

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCKD2&P=Z

right

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCKD3&P=Z

traxxas rod ends

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDDV6&P=7

I sold my tnx cause I needed money..
Old 12-24-2004, 10:09 AM
Rush7

wizen2002 - Thanks for all the help. I finally figured out the drive shafts. Look like that I ordered the wrong rod ends though. I ordered
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJG69&P=M
Maybe I can return them.
Old 12-24-2004, 09:37 PM
KaliFormuLA

if you wanna lighten up your tnx a little you can use that HB jump start instead of the electric start. i'm using it right now and it works just fine.
Old 12-24-2004, 10:43 PM
ScMc

Kali! give us all the part numbers you used!!! Thanks

Im looking into that jomp start thing so any help is appreciated! Thanks, Merry Christmas guys! ScMc
Old 12-27-2004, 10:36 AM
Rush7

Hey Kali. What HB jump start backplate are you using.....Merry Christmas to all.....
Old 12-27-2004, 01:16 PM
KaliFormuLA

here you go guys... this is the [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXERJ0&P=7]HB jump start[/link] i'm using and here's the [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXN413&P=V]one way bearing[/link]. that jump start will mount right onto the FS18 and CVRX engines. hope this helps. later.

Nick
Old 12-27-2004, 03:32 PM
ScMc

thanks bro
Old 12-28-2004, 09:11 AM
Rush7

Yeah.... I think that I will order those parts. The Jump Start seems to work really well on my RS4. I cant wait my TNX is on it way it shipped out yesterday so I should have it tomorrow.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:42 PM
KaliFormuLA

Yeah.... I think that I will order those parts. The Jump Start seems to work really well on my RS4. I cant wait my TNX is on it way it shipped out yesterday so I should have it tomorrow.
checking the UPS tracking status 50 times a day... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Old 12-28-2004, 09:50 PM
oneqwkz

is that jump start not the same as a savage roto start looks tha same and also the bearing please let me know if so thanks

frank
Old 12-28-2004, 10:07 PM
KaliFormuLA

ORIGINAL: oneqwkz

is that jump start not the same as a savage roto start looks tha same and also the bearing please let me know if so thanks

frank
i'm not sure if that HPI roto start will fit the backplate of a FS18 but they do look very similiar. yeah, that oneway is a HPI 1669... the inner diameter of the FS18 and the RS4 are the same but the outer diameter is different. the 1669 is a perfect fit.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:28 PM
Rush7

I have check that dang FedEx tracking site probably 100 times in the past two days.......lmao......It got to Nashville early today and it should be on my door step tomorrow.......OH YEAH......Just 120 miles to its new home......Come on baby....come on....

As for system. I cant tell any difference between the HPI roto start and the Hot Bodies Jump Start system. They both work the same and basically have the same backplane. The only is about either system is that they both make several different backplanes for different motors. Some motors are not listed but if you get one that is close to your motor size, all you may have to do is modify it a little by drilling new mounting holes.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:00 AM
Rush7

Just got finished unpacking my brand new TNX and I LOVE IT. I just like the way it looks and the smell of a brand new R/C.....lol. I watched the video which I think is very good quality and helps a bunch. Tomorrow wil be the break in and Friday will be to set up the new suspension. I am going over to a guys house that I go to church with on Saturday. He and his two sons have T-Maxx's that I am sick of hearing about.....So I hope that I can take them down with my TNX. I just planned on bashing with it but I have heard enough about how there Maxxs can do it all and how fast they are. They said they should be able to take me in a drag no problem.......lol. They have never saw a TNX run and I hope that it is what I have been looking for.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:16 AM
ScMc

You should be able to beat them quite easily. lol, as long as their is a turn in the race, the TNX should come out on top
Old 12-30-2004, 02:36 PM
KaliFormuLA

it's RT(KTAA)R... Ready To Kick Traxxas Ass And Run. i went to a local bashin spot with a guy that i never knew had a TMAXX... before we went he called me up saying that he just got his new 3HP sirio engine tuned and he's gunna swoop my ass. i naturally asked him what F'N sirio is that?! and of course he wouldn't tell me. but anyways... we meet up and i see that the heatsink says sirio .18. in my mind i was like... that 3.0 on the side's for CC you f'n retard!... but it was fun playin along. "wow!!! i've never seen a 3HP .18! you must be banned from tracks you speedracer you! from now on i'm calling you turbo!". and after all that talk he couldn't even get it started... we cruised back to the shop that tuned it and boy you should have heard the yelling. it was beautiful.
Old 12-30-2004, 11:06 PM
EG1

Sounds like the type of guy to throw money at his problems, he'll never learn.

The best was back in the day when a buddy & I use to show up at the races with POS RC10's and win everytime because we could drive. These guys with THOUSANDS in equipment use to get so mad and became really abusive to the corner wokers so we started talking smack to get the workers back. Talk about 30 year babies...

Enjoy the truck, lol as you have a choice there so damn fun.
Old 01-01-2005, 02:04 AM
Rush7

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay..... I got this thing broke in and ran the first two tanks after break in. This thing is going to be a beast when I get it fine tuned the temp has been keeping me on my toes. It was 65 when I started tuning and 40 when I finished. I leaned it out just a little more during the last 1/2 tank and I have yet to break 185 degrees.... Tomorrow is the show down with the T-Maxx. A couple more tanks and a few more degrees on the needle valve and this thing should be ripping.
One question about this thing is..............Why in the crap did they put black wheel nuts on one side and silver wheels nuts on the other?

ScMc - I got the Big Bore shocks......did you have to buy all new screws to mount them? My stock screws dont look like they are going to work. I must go to ACE Hardware tomorrow I guess. Let me know how you mounted yours.
Thanks guys
Old 01-03-2005, 08:57 AM
Rush7

The brakes are insane on this thing. I went down into a corner with this bad boy and put the brakes on just a little to hard and the truck went into a end over end roll frontwards. I have never saw a truck or car go over forward because of the brakes, that was amasing.
I have heard a lot of you guys talking about the baffle in the muffler. Is there any point in removing it? I know that a baffle can restrict exhaust but sometimes there is a point of a baffle to create a back pressure on the exhaust side of an engine.\
Does the performance change when the baffle is removed?
Is the tuning affected by removing the exhaust?

PROUD OWNER OF THE TAMIYA TNX......
Old 01-03-2005, 09:52 AM
uprvr

The wheel nuts are different color because 1 is right hand threads the other is left hand threads. If you notice you can only use the black on 1 side and the silver on 1 side.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:45 PM
Tnx_4_life

I have heard a lot of you guys talking about the baffle in the muffler. Is there any point in removing it? I know that a baffle can restrict exhaust but sometimes there is a point of a baffle to create a back pressure on the exhaust side of an engine.\
u can make the hole abit bigger, but removing it wont give enough backpressure. I thought u neededd backpressure to get compression in your engine. otherwise it wont work properly. But too much backpressure will restrict the power.

im not 100 % on this so correct me if im wrong.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:31 PM
Rush7

uprvr - Yeah it all makes sense now. That is why if you look at the replacement shafts for TNX one is black and the other is silver. I just thought that it looked a little weird but they could have used the same color though.

Tnx_4_life - I think that you are right on the money with the whole backpressure thing. I was just wondering would you help the performance out or anything like that by taking it out. I am not sure but I dont think that the aftermarket pipes have baffles or not?

Thanks for the info guys.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:36 PM
marshon50
My Feedback: (2)

I've got a TNX and if u want to make it stupid fast, try an an aftermarket pipe. I ordered an aluminum one from Dynamite. It's meant for the Terra Crusher but almost all Terra Crusher parts fit the TNX. The first time it really got on the pipe I was amazed at the speed, not that the original isn't fast ... but man just wait til u see it. I've got Proline 40 series Road Rage tires and my TNX has ripped the glue right off them!!! Also, I don't recommend going to aftermarket aluminum parts. I have almost everything in aluminum from Dynamite (for Terra Crusher) and I've remade my TNX back to plastic. I bought the aluminum thinking it'd be indestructible and it just caused headaches (broken hinge pins, ball connectors, ball ends, etc.) I must say it looks sweet all tricked out in red aluminum so I have it for show (along with a clear TNX body I plan on custom painting), but the stock chassis parts are the way to go

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.